Black Spirituality Religion : WHAT IS GOD?

I can appreciate this. If they get rid of the word "god" and "he", I would contend we are evolving.
So, I would say that one can have an appreciation for the material content and at the same time understand the context in which those two words are being used. Don't throw away the money because the wallet has a few small holes in it.

So the fact that I "literally" used the word 'appreciate' in my comment give you that impression? lol

So the fact that I "literally" used the word 'appreciate' in my comment give you that impression? lol
I misunderstood your reply Mike. I thought you were implying that you could only appreciate the material if those words were not used. I got it now brother.. Appreciate the appreciation.

Last edited:
Here's a little something just to marinate over.
Taken From the Book Seth Speaks; Chapter 14
Stories of The Beginning and The Multidimensional God

Only a portion of your entire identity is "presently" familiar to you, as you know.
Therefore, when you consider the question of a supreme being, you imagine a male
personality with those abilities that you yourselves possess, with great emphasis upon
qualities you admire. This imagined god has therefore changed throughout your
centuries, mirroring man's shifting ideas of himself.
God was seen as cruel and powerful when man believed that these were desirable
characteristics, needed particularly in his battle for physical survival. He projected
these upon his idea of a god because he envied them and feared them. You have cast
your idea of god, therefore, in your own image.

In a reality that is inconceivably multidimensional, the old concepts God are
relatively meaningless. Even the term, a supreme being, is in itself distortive, for you
naturally project the qualities of human nature in it. If I told you that God was an idea,
you would not understand what I meant, for you do not understand the dimensions in
which an idea has its reality, or the energy that it can originate and propel. You do not
believe in ideas in the same way that you believe in physical objects, so if I tell you that
God is an idea, you will misinterpret this to mean that God is less than real - nebulous,
without reality, without purpose, and without motive action.

Now your own physical image is the materialization of your idea of yourself within
the properties of matter. Without the idea of yourself, your physical image would not be;
yet often it is all you are aware of. The initial power and energy of that idea of yourself
keeps your image alive. Ideas, then, are far more important than you realize. If you will
try to accept the idea that your own existence is multidimensional, that you dwell
within the medium of infinite probabilities, then you may catch a slight glimpse of the
reality that is behind the word "god," and you may understand why it is almost
impossible to capture a true understanding of that concept in words.

God, therefore, is first of all a creator, not of one physical universe but of an infinite
variety of probable existences, far more vast than those aspects of the physical universe
with which your scientists are familiar. He did not simply then send a son to live and
die on one small planet. He is a wart of all probabilities.

God does not exist apart from or separate from physical reality, but exists within it and as a wart

of it, as he exists within and as a wart of all other systems of existence.
I just happened to be reading this at the same time I had metaphysical music playing softly in the background and it served to inspire me to be open minded as I read this. I feel enlightened as a result, as though I've been pulled out of the darkness caused by religions into a more expansive way of thinking, which is so important to me. It is worth marinating over to fully grasp its meaning. It's not telling us what to think, but why we think the way we do. I accept this as an "aha" moment. Thank you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back