Black History : What is Black culture?

I have come to the conclusion that culture is just a list of things that the majority of a group do or are most known for. Culture in my honest opinion is dumb and lame. No offense to anyone whose passionate about that kind of stuff.

Deny yourself much?

Peace!

Like how we walk, how we run, how we worship (not "what" but "how"), how we react to stress? :huh:
None of that you mentioned is high on my concern list except the worship part, where do you get that impression? But I've made many comments regarding creating our own business culture, supporting our own social infrastructure, where and who we spend our money with. Churches should be playing a great role in orienting our spending habits, where we become the base customer of thriving black enterprises. We must increase spending within our communities from coast to coast but it is cultural factors that hold us back from doing that.

None of that you mentioned is high on my concern list

How is any list of your concerns relevant to a discussion on the mechanics of culture? I am. You are. Culture is.

except the worship part, where do you get that impression?

In black/African culture, Call and Response is the mode of worship. It is not found in white or yellow people's worship. Like the man said, culture is a way of living, of being.... It is passed down through the generations, through the mother's milk (figuratively).

But I've made many comments regarding creating our own business culture, supporting our own social infrastructure, where and what we spend our money on. Churches should be playing a great role in orienting spending habits, where we become the base customer of black enterprises. We must increase spending within our communities from coast to coast but it is cultural factors that hold us back from doing that.

Again, culture is a way of living, of being....

How is any list of your concerns relevant to a discussion on the mechanics of culture? I am. You are. Culture is.

In black/African culture, Call and Response is the mode of worship. It is not found in white or yellow people's worship. Like the man said, culture is a way of living, of being.... It is passed down through the generations, through the mother's milk (figuratively).

Again, culture is a way of living, of being....
OK whatever, LOL get a grip.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back