Black History : What is Black culture?

1. Why is everyone being so literal about the use of the word "dumb"? You've never called a movie dumb or stupid before? Or anything else that can be annoying or frustrating but isn't a living thing like tv shows, books, laws etc.

2. No one is without culture? Really? Ok. I eat, drink, go to work and sleep. What kind of culture is that?

3. So Clyde, you're saying that my opinion is fact?

4. Khasm are you referring to me doing "something" again or are you refferring to the question?

5. Omowale I'd love to answer your question but I still haven't been told what black culture is so I can't tell you my opinion of it. Btw please read what I said again, I said CULTURE is dumb and lame. I wasn't speaking specifically about black culture which is where you're getting at.

Am I saying your opinion is fact, no, I said it, your opinion, cannot change facts ... This is your opinion, as stated by you, ManicRaider, don't get it twisted:

"Culture in my honest opinion is dumb and lame"

You were clearly given credit for stumbling up on the facts.

3. So Clyde, you're saying that my opinion is fact?

Actually, your opinion cannot change facts, and the facts are exactly what you found :facepalm:
Clyde C Coger Jr, Yesterday at 2:13 PM

After looking up culture for 1000th time and then asking this question, I have come to the conclusion that culture is just a list of things that the majority of a group do or are most known for. Culture in my honest opinion is dumb and lame. No offense to anyone whose passionate about that kind of stuff.

After looking up culture for 1000th time and then asking this question, I have come to the conclusion that culture is just a list of things that the majority of a group do or are most known for. Culture in my honest opinion is dumb and lame. No offense to anyone whose passionate about that kind of stuff.

The issues that hold us back and move us forward are found in Black Culture, because it has been twisted and influenced by our unfortunate history in the United States we have issues in our culture that work against us and work for us. To say it is dumb and lame really is very superficial in view of the challenges the black community have. Black culture is how we interact within and outside our community and it includes our perception of the world and that of ourselves. And what is hurting us the most is our perception of ourselves, that unfortunately is part of black culture.We have old wounds to heal and those wounds are found in our culture.

Much of our culture was born out of misfortune, look at soul food for example. Slaves got what the white people did not want but slaves found ways to turn intestines, organs and poor meat cuts into tasty food, delicacies. Look at beef briskets, that part of the cow is tough meat but slaves figured out how to make it tender and tasty by slow cooking it with wood, between 210 and 235 degrees, 6 or 7 hours or more, today beef brisket is not cheap meat. Be ready to pay about 35 to nearly 50 bucks for a brisket.

Pork and beef ribs have the same history, its not much meat on ribs but slaves, black people, turned it into delicacies by the methods they created to cook them, go price pork ribs today, they ain't cheap. Business empires were built on ribs because blacks figure out how to turn this undesirable cut of meat into a delicacy.

What about Ox tails, yum yum yum! hardly any meat on them but slaves turned that part of the cow into a serious delicacy, go price Ox tails today, you go broke trying to eat Ox tails on a regular basis.

Beef brisket, Ox tails, beef and pork ribs is just a small example of black food culture that was born out of undesirable food that white people did not want.

Culture reflects who we are and what we become.

2. No one is without culture? Really? Ok. I eat, drink, go to work and sleep. What kind of culture is that?

You're not...serious, right? That has to be one of the silliest things I've ever read.

No one is without culture. You speak as though you're a robot, bruh. Culture is as common as thought, so unless your mind is a complete blank slate because you don't exist somehow, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're apart of some culture in some way. Like ways of thinking, you don't just become devoid of it because you don't like it; instead, at the most, you abandon one [way of thinking] for another.

What is black culture, you ask? In a word, complex.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back