Black People : What is BIG GOVERNMENT?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, May 6, 2011.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    What is "BIG GOVERNMENT" to you? I'm interested in anyone's
    view who care to contribute their perspective.

And give examples that you believe fall under that
    category.

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Big government is a term,and scheme used by conned-servatives to convince people to accept privatization of everything under the sun, which means big dollars for big fat greedy republicans and tea baggers....and no I'm not a democrat !

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    that's the catch, they are good at using child psychology because,
    Nixon and Bush Jr had the biggest government of all with corporate tax breaks and welfare, extensions on the military industrial complex and entitlement programs for the rich, a complex and well financed snoop programs on the public in every aspect

It's called fascism, Mussolini's corporate state, and Hitler's social democracy.
    Neoconservatism in national policy and neoliberalism in foreign policy.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    facists in Germany, Italy, Spain and Argentina, relied on the public not reading. Book banning was prevalent and all media; governmet controlled, and propagandized.
    When the GOP cut 3 programs that help people and protect human life,
    they add 7 programs that benefit the corporations, and either harm or end life.

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,096
    I appreciate those who've responded thus far.

Often I hear folks, typically libertarians, speaking to
    their contempt of "BIG GOVERNMENT", and hardly, if
    at all they are specific about what that means or
    what it, in they're eyes, look like.

I am interested in what the resident libertarians
    perspectives are.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    It's usually a term to describe the belief that regulation is present in too many things or there is too much centralized authority over everyday life (particularly civil rights or economic activities between private parties).

It's sort of like how people in favor in regulation refer to "Big business", just at the opposite pole.

7. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    Big government is basically any government. The idea that people need a theater, a playpen on/in/and by which to live through a structure of constraint created and maintained by a few ruling elite who make basic survival decisions for millions and billions, is simply absurd. It shows just how far we have come from what humanity once knew.

As though somehow we forgot how to feed and clothe ourselves without money or bureaucracy of any type. We are still and always have been the inventors, the builders, the innovators, the backbone of civilization. Our leaders have "educated" us into believing that we achieved complex levels of civilization through a system of bureaucracy that is itself a self-propelling, and rotating engine of the elite to maintain control over the ideas and possibilities of our collective human evolution.

Our ability to work together in balance with everything that exists, ie. a natural state of affairs, is still latent within us. But, we have been told and programmed instead to believe that this chaotic, competitive and aggressive state of male polarized affairs and Darwinism, is the essence of what humanity is capable of. We have been told that this is human nature, our principle mode of operation. It's only through believing, and as a result living out this artificial notion, that we find ourselves so very far off from what we are capable of, and have indeed accomplished in the past. We refuse to remember perhaps because then we would be responsible, and responsibility means a call to action.

Christianity tells us that humans are sinners from the jump off. Psychologists tell us humans are egotistical, narcissistic, sexually repressed and in need of clinical help. Humans are told the solution to what ails them is in drugs, therapy, clinics, rehab, and all manner of amenities these massive institutions provide. Institutions brought about by our government, funded by our tax dollars, and tied into our education systems - are diagnosing the ills of human nature for us,(simply put, they are defining our identity as humans) and at the same time providing a self-perpetuating and never-ending onslaught of "solutions" that are conveniently designed to maintain this same stasis of power. We are directed to choose our poison - but they always control the dosage, seeing?

Whatever you do, don't realize what you are, because then you won't need psychological and/or medical institutions, (nor military institutions) to say nothing of an organized government of the few to dictate to the masses all of their needs and how to come by them, ie. food, clothing, shelter, water, energy.

Indeed, once you realize what you are and grant acceptance of that responsibility, you are labelled through actions; a terrorist, through sharing of ideas; a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist; and through exploring inner landscapes of the dream; a crazy person who has lost their nut (or one who possesses a pseudo-black consciousness [whatever that is]).

It's obvious to see a controlled dialogue at play. And yet still from what I can tell just in my personal life alone, people really ARE beginning to come into a new state of consciousness. I don't think this is something we do ourselves, I liken it to seeds having been sewn long ago finally coming to germination. Like lotus seeds that can last for several thousands of years. The environment is changing and the conditions have become ripe for these seeds to germinate in the minds of people, perhaps it is even genetically activated. Some people are beginning to nurture this growth. And these people, whether it be the convenient medium of the internet or cellphones or what have you - are starting to be drawn to the same shelves in libraries, checking out the same books, sharing the same chapters and finally, same pages of ideas, concepts, and abstracts. Dare I say that we are beginning to remember?

Forgetting is very easy when you encourage people through popular religion and dialogue-controlled standards of education and popular culture to forget the dead. Mourning them is acceptable for a time, and afterwards to forget. There is no celebration of life, nor of transition. No one promotes a dialogue of interaction with memory. We are told to forgive, and then forget. It's never mentioned that nothing is ever lost here, that everything is recorded and interactive, just like a dream.

Who can remember they are dreaming and awaken to it? No government will ever encourage nor provide a path to that, because the government is the Wizard of Oz - an old conman pulling ropes behind a curtain. Everyone thinks he can provide the solution, a way out of the dream, but he is a fake and illusionist at best. He has no power, in fact, he is utterly weak and helpless without the deception of control that is granted willingly by those dreamers who have yet to awaken and become lucid.

As Zhuangzi said, "Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

In Joy,

P.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    good points, your statements remind me of George Gallaway, Chris Hedges, and Gary Null (www.garynull.com)