Black People : What is an "Arab"? What is an "African"?

anAfrican said:
Centrally, in the blue shirt, I'd say African until I look closer, maybe the same in the brown shirt looking over his shoulder but I'd get to Arabian faster. The rest I'd classify as Arabian straight off.

i'm not really sure what it is, or why I see whatever it is, but I see Arabians. Something about skin texture "changing" the color in some way? Or bone structure in cheeks and brows? <shrug> I'm not really sure, but I see Arabians.

So, if these youth attended your local schools what would be their "ethnic code"?

OmowaleX said:
Some of US may not SEE "them" as our Brothers and Sisters.
...and many of them do not see themselves as our brothers. In the Sudan, it is said that Jangiweed is just a label to describe Arabized Africans slaughtering their African "Brothers."

Funny, when Amadou Diallo was murdered, more Whites were out there protesting than White Arab Muslims, To them, Diallo was probably just another ******, just like those being murdered by Arab muslims in the Sudan.

OmowaleX said:
So, if these youth attended your local schools what would be their "ethnic code"?
Sadly, "my" local schools are white, therefore I'd guess that their "ethnic code" would be "black", or the same as everybody wants to "classify" Africans, Arabs, Hindu and the other "darker" "ethnic groups".

Frankly, the only thing I care about right now is the re-unification of the African Family ... which is one h4ll of a turn around for Mamma Flossie's [R.I.P.] eldest son, believe me!! (used to only be concerned with what is on the inside of the skin; I've come around, lately, to being radically "racist" like that.)

I guess this comes from a realization that white folks are "johnny come lately's" with respect to the oppression of Africans; North Africa was long taken over before they showed up!! "Islam" ain't ours; it came out of the Middle East! So, I guess it could be said that it is "the same" as "Christianity" in that it was/is used to distract us from OurSelves. And maybe a bit to do with walking into a Arab run store and having the proprietor look at me like "you are already dead; what are you doing walking?!!"

It really sucks to be in Washington state these days; you should see how the Russians are flocking around here!! Could get interesting soon, between them moving in all over the place, various flavors of Arabians running the convenience stores and all the Asians buying/building up stuff!! Getting really uncomfortable!! Thought about moving to Ghana, but now seeing how the Chinese are working mass deals over there ... with part of the deal being Ghanaian "support" for "One China" (and how does Taiwan feel about that?).

I truly feel that we oughta stop "worrying" about snitches and he said/she said; stop this gender squabbling; expend a whole lot more energy on home schooling/education; get on with some serious "skyscraper building"; get a grip on our Natural Spirituality instead of their "religions"; return to, AND TRUST!, our Native Intelligence ...

uh-oh; did I slip off to someplace else? what was the question again?

ah!! yeah; they'd be classified as "black". but then, we have seen that white folks ain't got no sense no how - just guns and bombs and lies and traps and poisons and death ... er, i mean; they don't much see anybody that don't look like them as being worthy of much of anything unless they bring long green ... Arabs/[our!]oil fields ... oh - that would be somewhere in the realms of "long green", though, wouldn't it ... well at least until "AfriCom" steals the oil fields stolen from us!! (slipped away again, didn't i. blame it on the COPD; pumping oxygen through the body is getting tough enough that there ain't a lot of extra available to help me keep on track - i'm just babbling most of the time anymore! :-/ )

EL PAPI LEANDO said:
...and many of them do not see themselves as our brothers. In the Sudan, it is said that Jangiweed is just a label to describe Arabized Africans slaughtering their African "Brothers."

Funny, when Amadou Diallo was murdered, more Whites were out there protesting than White Arab Muslims, To them, Diallo was probably just another ******, just like those being murdered by Arab muslims in the Sudan.

"...and many of them do not see themselves as our brothers."

This is true but does not answer the questions posed. I am not here to argue a point. I am interested in how Black folks here view the folks in the carefully chosen picture that I posted.

Furthermore, why should they "see themselves as our brothers" if WE do not relate to "them" as such?

So, are you going to answer the question, or cause diversion?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back