Black People : What is "American"?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Feb 18, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    I have much to say,my brain and spirit is evolving, or:insane: .

The world today is a product of globalization and domination on the behave
    of greedy and evil individuals.America is the richest byproduct of such a complex.However,America is not necessarily the "land of all that is good" as it is portrayed, despite the fact that the capitalist system provides a certain ladder of oppurtunity for some in a economic sense, and a trap of problems for others in the same sense. America is also a country with no nativity to the land it is based upon,the land that belonged to the Native Americans,African Explorers,and Norweigans that settled here was stolen.In turn, anything that comes out of the stolen product is not genuine,only fabricated to fit a certain agenda or mold of what the unnatural being is.It shows since there is no such language called "American."

Considering all of the above statements,who is an "American"? You cannot say that an "American" is someone who speaks English because English comes from ENGLAND(along with any other language).Some may say:"Immigrants come here in hopes to be AMERICANS."
    And I say:"Those immigrants come here for the oppurtunity that capitalism provides to those who try to work within it while others suffer from it.They are presented that being an American means having oppurtunities but do not realize that if any other country on Earth presented the same images and ideas that America does they would be flocking there also!!!"

]Malcolm X: " Being born in America does not make you an American. Living in America does not make you an American."

Considering what Malcolm said above,than what does make you an American?
    In my opinion,being an American is a state of mind,not a reality.If it was a reality than you would not have a number called "Social Security" tied to you *** so the government can find you no matter were you go.Being an American to me means being in the "I gotta get mine before they get theirs" mindset, it means that you may not have an open view of politics since they government offers you 2 main perspectives (democrat and republican).Being an American means that you must adhere to the label and forget about self definition at all times or be criticized and deported.Being an American is more of being a fictional character than a real one, furthermore,I cannot consider myself such a thing.

What is "American " to you?

2. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,still no response.

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I consider myself American because I was born here ...To me America means getting out and handling your business, no excuses no time for tears, America means that no matter how low you are or what your circumstances you still got no reason to cry and you can work at it and make something of yourself. America to me is folk who came to Mississippi as slaves and put in work and didn't give no excuses and got to where some at one point or another wound up owning the land they or their folks before them were enslaved on, America to me is Buckwild get out there and get after it America is where I'm from generally and contained in America is the Republic of Mississippi where I'm from specifically......America is Country Blues,Bop,Richard Wright,Cornell West, Street Racing,Sporting Dogs,GameCocks,The Greatest Boxers to ever walk the Earth,America is slapboxing on the corner in front of the lil gals, America is me being able to work and make a decent living and have thangs not because of my level of education but because of my level of Hustle(not hustle in young cats terms but Hustle as defined by my Daddy's generation) and knowing how to play white folk game better than they do, Hell I guess since I'm Mississippi I must also be American......but you do know there's a white america and a Black America...

Red

4. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    I posted this after hearing some people (mostly people from overseas) try to explain to some of the self proclaimed Americans that it was not there behavior that made them "American" (ie play fighting,working hard,living right,etc.)since such behaviors were actually universal to all people in the face of prosperity.Sometimes I wonder if capitalism has actually hindered the rest of the worlds possible advancement towards economic prosperity considering how the USA has attacked(covertly or not) any other country that could take it off the top of the $$$$ list.There seems to be a battle b/n what IS American vs what would be a TRAIT of Americans,or those who call themselves such.

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think that's the same universally though.....what makes one African or Japanese or maybe I'm hunting on the wrong trail...

Red

6. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Who and what does the Constatution of the U.S.A. say who the "Real" Americans are ??

Hotep

Article #1 and Section #2 of the Constatution of these so-called United States says...(You) who are Africans in America or Negros are less than a human being. It says that (We) Africans in America or Negros are ((3/5)) of a man! The Constatution was written by "All-Slave-Masters"...in other words every one who signed off on the "Foundation-Paper" that is the "Foundation" of this land that is still controled by "Them" and for them alone...were and are still "Slave-Owners".
    They all had slaves who were in chains and shackles in the back of their "Big-White-Houses". So at this time in history we know who the real Amerikkklans are! What has happen in the short time sents the Declairation of Independance signing that causes us to become confused about this issue. What has caused us to become confused sents the most reasent signing of the "Emancipation-Proclimation" that took off the chains but left them on our "Brains"...that confused us!? With the expiration of the "Vote-ing-Rights Bill that allowed us to vote for a time" until we found out it don't count when "Bush" was selected...why don't we know by now just exactly who the Amerikkklan or excuse me Americans are? We should know very well who they are and what "We" are...We are a people who are in a land that is not their own and is in need of "Liberation" after we get a new "Re-Education" so that we will know who to Liberate.

Ase`

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I don't think you are going insane. I believe you are on to something. While they ( those in goverment ) mess up the economy and disregard the environment Americans need their Star Spangled Banner played and a Flag to wave and they continue to tolerate nonsense.

America is also a country with no nativity to the land it is based upon,the land that belonged to the Native Americans,African Explorers,and Norweigans that settled here was stolen.In turn, anything that comes out of the stolen product is not genuine,only fabricated to fit a certain agenda or mold of what the unnatural being is.It shows since there is no such language called "American."

Considering all of the above statements,who is an "American"? You cannot say that an "American" is someone who speaks English because English comes from ENGLAND(along with any other language).

The language is a compilation of Latin phrases and other dialects pasted together. It is formed from a mongrel based, double meaning hocus-pocus hodgepodge of gibberish.

The world today is a product of globalization and domination on the behave of greedy and evil individuals.America is the richest byproduct of such a complex.However,America is not necessarily the "land of all that is good" as it is portrayed, despite the fact that the capitalist system provides a certain ladder of oppurtunity for some in a economic sense, and a trap of problems for others in the same sense.

Sometimes I wonder if capitalism has actually hindered the rest of the worlds possible advancement towards economic prosperity considering how the USA has attacked(covertly or not) any other country that could take it off the top of the $$$$ list.

There is a lot of truth in this. A currency only recognized and accepted based on its market value. How can a dollar be worth more than a dollar? ( All I get is a dollar when I go shopping and here that is constantly shrinking because of high prices and inflation. Things don't cost that much. Get into the wholesale side of life and don't have a heart attack from the mark-up you find on goods and services. 300% 1000% mark ups ) While discounting and making other nations and countries dependant on acquiring your currency to measure up. Other wise loose money trying to buy goods and services with lower purchasing power.

What is "American " to you?

To me. Nothing at all. It is all created from beliefs that are based on unfair holdings and resources garnered by savage murder. Being here I do have to get out and strive like everyone else but with hurdles and goal lines that move against me based on race. America is like a postitute she has sold everything from day one.:poop: You can't go into any other nation and buy prime property and not be a citizen of that country. After Japan bombed us we sold them Hawaii and the island our men and women died on and fought WWII for. Everything is sold.. Why do you think this place started with SLAVERY!:bullseye: ( I guess this makes her a PIMP too? )

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    It is my opinion that we can not get too lost in defining ourselves as 'American' because at the present time if you're black you're still seen as not the same as a white person.

I do not think it's necessary to separate from American culture period, or
    move to another country. I also see no problems with saying Black American or African American. We just shouldn't become too complacent and still set up black-oriented infrastructures so if people who are racist try to keep us down, we won't be hurt as badly.

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Unnatural in terms of Origin. America may be one of the only RICH countries in the world that was made on blood,sweat,and tears. The children of those who shed the blood,sweat,and tears do not even control the nation.