Black Relationships : What is a woman's place?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by NNQueen, May 29, 2003.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Is a woman's place in the home?

Do Black women not stand by their men?

Should Black women oppose feminism?

Is feminism a form of witchcraft?

Do Black women practice feminism the same as White women?

Is it harmful to the Black family if the Black woman gets out of the home and has a career?

Did feminism help White women to steal Black men away from the Black woman?

Some people answer yes to all of the above. What do you think?

http://blacktown.net/

2. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    A woman's place is right beside her man.

I think too many women are caught up in the independent woman hype. Some women think that they donot need a man for anything. What is more important, the egg or the seed? They both are of equal importance. I am not too familar with the feminism movement but I believe in equal opportunity for all, just know your limitation.

Furthermore, women should work unless staying at home is on an agreement.

3. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Is a woman's place in the home?
    a woman's place is wherever she wants to be

Do Black women not stand by their men?
    bw should only stad by men who stand by them.

Should Black women oppose feminism?
    Nope.

Is feminism a form of witchcraft?
    :lol

Do Black women practice feminism the same as White women?
    I don't think so.

Is it harmful to the Black family if the Black woman gets out of the home and has a career?
    For most of the black women I know, not working is not an option.

Did feminism help White women to steal Black men away from the Black woman?
    ?

Nfant:"I am not too familar with the feminism movement but I believe in equal opportunity for all, just know your limitation."

So do I but there is no equality so, we need feminism among other things.

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Is it just about the money, Keme??? sheesh....

5. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    GOOD QUESTION!... we wear so many hats in this society it's hard to say. i do think if you are a "career woman" outside of the home, balance needs to be created so husband or children (if present) aren't neglected... BALANCE IS KEY... how to do that?... i suppose it will differ from woman to woman... regardless, it's a difficult task when seeing to Boss, husband, children, home... not to mention SELF TIME...

good question queen... i'll think on it some more...

peace

6. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    If a woman decides that it is her job to raise her children to be self-sufficient members of society, she should not be ostracized. I think it is noble. Some families plan for this and budget accordingly. It must be a mutual agreement in the family.

Women are individuals. Whatever her interest, that is what she should do. I believe women can be supportive of their men and vice versa. We just have to pick the right partner for us.

Black women view feminism differently for the most part, but that is changing. Before, we had racism to deal with and that was the issue first and foremost in our mind. Black men, for the most part, especially in my family, have always been supportive of their wife's or significant other's career. They knew that any money, success, etc. brought in by either party (male or female) benefited the entire family unit.

Personally, I think feminists have used Black women, especially poor Black women, to push their own agendas. How many times has a White woman reached out in your workplace to assist you in your careeer? They see us as competition because they know their men find us intriguing and attractive. They envy our beauty and our knowledge. Yet, some of us still go running to them to tell them about our "personal business" and how "Black men" are no good. They do their "community work" in our neighborhoods and go back to their safe abodes.

I think people should push for equality and fairness period! We have enough issues to divide us.

When feminists are so obviously anti-male, it isn't witchcraft, it's just evil and vindictiveness.

7. Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Analyst
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Queen,
    Sorry about the lateness of my response to you.
    I feel that the black woman should have a man that understands the depth of her love, trust her love, with a almost unnatural intensity.
    The Black Women should be able to have it all, career, family, the man must be able to deal with the strengths of the woman, why should she be sitting at home, enslaved to a kitchen denying all her physical metamorphisis until he decides to rid his loins of marrige with a white woman.
    I say strength is the desire that kill abandoment

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
  9. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    You make a good point, ShawnsWife, a woman can have all those things from a man. Although, a woman sometimes need to help a man understand her and the man has to be willing to learn. In my opinion, women need a man that is going to work with them not for them, and vice versa. Moreof, I am a strong advocate of woman saying what they mean. If you donot tell me I donot know it.

I still say the woman should work because unless the husband is a millionare or the children are very young. What if the man is taking out of the picture then the source of income is gone. A long absence from employment may make it difficult for her to find a job. Also , working helps build character.

Furthermore, for Black women feminists to work the black male needs to help, too.

10. Indra

Indra Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Afcourse man an woman should stand together as different but equal. Unfortunatly many woman have been feared by a lot of man in history, woman had to fight for everything; equal pay, the right to choose your own man etc.
    Black man still have to deal with and fight for the same things, maybe therefore, feminisme in the black community doesn't mean that much.
    Greetings