Black Spirituality Religion : What Is A Real Man? - posts moved from CHRISTIANITY STUDY GROUP THREAD

Manhood can not be obtained or defined at the breast of a woman. Men don't understand women, if they do that they become. Women don't understand men, if they do that they become. The key is acceptance. Individuals know what they look for in the other but that does not necessarily define what a man or woman is, just what they desire to see in them. Women can only teach a man to be a gentleman, manhood is Only initiated by a man or the company of men. Usually women seek to domesticate men by making him safe and removing his rough edges and wildness but the man at his core is a wild man, a beast. Remove that remove the man. The story of "Iron John" by Robert Blye is a very good story, also for the Christian readers a book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge. We must remember that although some cultures lost the definitions of manhood others have not. Manhood was stripped from the Blackman in this country so we must go outside of us to watch examples of those who never lost it.

There are several African tribes that have a rite of manhood that it truly a test of manhood. Some rites a done when you are a child.

Peace!

I celebrate all those strong women who have had to raise boys by themselves. For most of my childhood I was a product of a single parent home. I love and appreciate my mom for everything she did. It was one thing my mom told me when I was around 16 yrs old. She said just because she was forced to be a single parent, I should never accept it as a normal and natural condition. She also said she could only play one part her part. She would never be able to replace my dad's needed influence. Neither could he ever replace her's.

This is my opinion on this issue and you have stated it here. A woman or man can raise a child of the opposite sex so far. All the women that I have said this to has had a knee jerk reaction as if I said that the could not raise a boy to be a man. I myself was raised by my mother,all three of us were. But still she could not teach me things that only a man could. She could not relate or understand when I and my brothers would fight to establish/preserve our manhood. I had to stop my wife from babying our son, that's what our daughter is for.

Peace!

Do some Black men already feel this way due to the way that they are treated in today's society?

I thought this was an interesting read and full of facts. I don't post this to be an indictment of women, but rather to show the evolution of the ways the black man is continuing to be emasculated.

7 WAYS YOU MAY BE EMASCULATING YOUR MAN

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http://madamenoire.com/139270/7-ways-to-emasculate-a-man/&ei=Vo1QUJyYM4iLiAKN34DQDQ&usg=AFQjCNFPZRV1Nj1nOV7UxMe3oFuOKzGhwQ&sig2=jAKfe0DLX-EVvnqQAE0MlQ

Yell and fight in public.
The only thing worse than a child acting out in public is a woman acting out in public. Everyone already assumes it’s the guy’s fault and just about anything he does looks bad. He could run, but then he looks like an idiot. He could be the calm and collective one, but then you’ll probably just get louder or mush him. He could yell back, but then he just looks like a bigger jerk. Caught between a rock and a hard place, he might as well just put his balls on a platter.

Peace!

That would answer a lot of the issues we as men face in our development. It would probably make our transitions smoother.

I forget the name of this one tribe,but you are not recognized as a man until you do the rite of passage. You can't take a wife or have your own dwellings.

I know teens who's moma still treat them as if they were babies. You also have to look at the external influences like the media (TV) that promotes this type of culture.

Peace!

I know what you are saying. I have an aunt who always debate her ability to raise a man. We arrived at the conclusion that because she has done it on her own for so long, it's hard for her to admit that she needed a man to contribute. She eventually accepted the fact that she could never give something she did not have. I could never give a daughter her womanhood but I'm alright with that. I could do my part by contributing what father should contribute. But to transfer the energy of womanhood is impossible!

Bruh...you have said it perfectly right here. This is what I try and tell them, my mother didn't understand it for this very reason. She thought I was saying she did a bad job. One time my manhood was challenged by another man. My wife stepped in and grabbed me because she didn't want to see me "get hurt". The other guy saw it as my wife saving me, she could not see that she empowered him and punked me....:mad:

In general..women don't understand the nuances that goes with being a man.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back