Black Spirituality Religion : What Is A Real Man? - posts moved from CHRISTIANITY STUDY GROUP THREAD

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Papa, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Papa

Papa New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Manhood

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

Papa ... i found your post to be right on the money! It was kind and thoughtful and i'm glad you shared it.

Like myself, so many women have found themselves raising a 'man child' alone, and it's no walk in the park! Not to suggest that the OP is / was in this predicament, i'm just saying, it puts us in a position to do a task that we are ill-equipped for, with that child's very life on the line. We have to do our very best, in spite of the circumstances, and having as clear a picture before us as possible can only aide in that journey.

Thanks for putting information out here that does that, makes the picture clearer.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    I have been wondering why despite the overwhelming evidence around us telling and showing us that We Afreecans, are amongst if not the first World People that gave birth and meaning to life yet we keep listening and wasting our energy on new kids on the block.
    I feel great and no shame in saying that no holy book got anything holy in them to make them worthy of defining man except of course the incomplete minds that stole, plagiarized other sacred books to create these mind manipulating books we call holy books, good for confusion and propaganda.
    Knowledge of God, the Highier power, Olichoke, Chineke, Oluwa, Jah is the begining of wisdom.
    If christianity and Islam is truthful why hide their true origin? why hide their ugly bloody past? why hide the fact that these two religions grew not from any truth in them but from the violence and exploitation first World people suffered in hands of Yurugu?
    Real Men define themselves from self knowledge not from imitators of men.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    The above posts were moved to this ... their own thread in the main Spirituality / Religion Forum ... from this thread in the Christianity Study Group.

Please, feel free to continue here ... as STUDY GROUP SPECIAL RULES ... do not apply in this forum.

No warnings ... just a gentle reminder that those forums have much higher standards and we should watch where we're posting ... which includes me too ... obviously ... :look:

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Okay Papa, you've started giving me the history lesson, in spite of daring to not enter into a unnecessary battle of wits; why start-finish this, or should I say don't yield the road out of respect for unity of family, what unity, continue in the lesson. Let's go back beyond St. Augustine, tell me something about Arius, or Montanism and Arianism. Teach me more about King James; for instance, was he black?

King James Was Black?
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/king-james-was-black.68694/

The above is only 6 pages in length, lets talk about it.

Peace In,

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

... Sir, you are preaching to the choir when you speak to Christendom and its corruption, this is nothing new. There seemed to be a need to share information on the two (St. Augustine/King James), so there is a need to go back further, if you are willing. Otherwise, the challenge to prove you wrong is shallow and superficial.

Edited today(9/11/2012)... addition or correction:
    Bible Corruption
    Article by Allan Cronshaw
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-160#post-448068

Peace In,

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

... Really, you consider my post a challenge when it is simply a report back on a suggested reading, smh... Brother, why would you suggest something suspicious to Christians?

Why all this secrecy and mystery? When did you try and get Christians to understand that Eldredge is only one of many authors that are questionable?

Peace In,

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
  9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

... As well you should Papa, cause you tripped yourself all up, lol...The crooked path can be made straight, with truth. The question remains unanswered, when did you advise Christians that Eldredge had a suspicious background when you suggested we read the book?

Peace In,

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Even though this thread was moved from the Christianity Study Group section, it's still in the Black Spirituality Religious section so I guess we're supposed to be discussing this from a spiritual/religious perspective but that's not my strength so I can't offer much to this discussion in that way. But, I wonder if it's still appropriate for me to at least, ask a question or two for the benefit of my greater understanding.

Do various religions take cultures into account and their influence on how societies view what a "real" man is?

Are religions influenced by culture?

If people's religions define a man differently, then wouldn't there be a difference in the way people think of what a man is depending on which culture they are from?

I recognize that some men firmly believe that women can't raise "real" men and I have seen the logic to explain this. But a woman has to do what a woman has to do in the absence of men in her and her son's life that have the acceptable qualities of what they believe a man should have. I don't disagree that we all benefit from positive role models, but I wonder whether there also needs to be a discussion as to what a modern day man is.

I say this because it appears that while we are having this discussion, there's a different dynamic taking place, shifting us from a patriarchal to a matriarchal society and I'm curious as to what influence and impact this shift, if it's real, will have on the definition of a "real" man and a "real" woman, but more specifically, how will it impact how men and women are defined by the various religions that Black people subscribe to.
    Matriarchy - what it means for society