Black People : What Is A Priority? What are the most pressing needs of Black People?

Peace bro. Blackbird. You nailed it with your last sentence. It's exactly what I was thinking in my previous post. I first remember growing up in the West Adams area as a kid. Parents broke up and I moved around most of my life and ended up full circle back in that same "hood". One of my earliest memories is attending Holman Methodist, which is within walking distance of about 6 blocks. Things have changed dramatically since my earliest memories. I don't know which had the most devastating impact. Gangs, drugs or religion. Since I no longer drive, my daily grind is on foot and by metro. That stretch of Adams Blvd. was at one time referred to as "Sugar Hill". It was where Black celebrities and Black professionals lived. Many families from NOLA and Chicago. Today, much of it is a wasteland with Beverly Hills sized mansions. Every day I encounter old, bitter Blaxk men and women cursing at no one, or everyone. Their minds are gone. And most, if not all that I encounter have one thing in common. They preach or curse in the name of god. They curse their own people for being devils, satan and "****".

I'm sure you remember the days when CRIPS tended to wear the "cross". I used to ask the young homies in particular what does it mean to be a CRIP. They just looked at me crazy. Especially when I had to break it down to them in degrees. I told them when they retorted back, Consciousness, Relevance, Identity and Purpose, + Service. I got that from the ORIGINAL constitution, not the "reformed" version. Most "reformed" Bloods embraced the Crescent. They became al Rukins and embraced their Moorish "heritage". They joined the NOI or Amer-I-Can. My reality was trapped between the two. Because I lived all over and went to eastside then west side schools. When ninjas confronted me and asked me what set I was from, I told them my name is Michael and I'm gods general, and my set is within. Very few would mess with me after that. So, this is why I say the temple or "god" is within. The temple activates the "crown" or "third eye". But too many of us are blind to our own Divine nature. So, we seek solutions or answers outside of us rather than within, and learning how to channel that "chi" in a transformative manner. Excuse my discourse. Just a few pennies to throw in the pot.....back to my manuscript.

One of the realest posts I have ever read. Thanks Uncle. I agree.

I thought you grew up in the West LA area, but I was thinking more Baldwin Hills since you went to school with T Rodgers. Yeah, I know about West Adams area.

Peace bro. Blackbird. You nailed it with your last sentence. It's exactly what I was thinking in my previous post. I first remember growing up in the West Adams area as a kid. Parents broke up and I moved around most of my life and ended up full circle back in that same "hood". One of my earliest memories is attending Holman Methodist, which is within walking distance of about 6 blocks. Things have changed dramatically since my earliest memories. I don't know which had the most devastating impact. Gangs, drugs or religion. Since I no longer drive, my daily grind is on foot and by metro. That stretch of Adams Blvd. was at one time referred to as "Sugar Hill". It was where Black celebrities and Black professionals lived. Many families from NOLA and Chicago. Today, much of it is a wasteland with Beverly Hills sized mansions.
I used to live near 29th and Crenshaw.

Do you remember the pastrami place near there? That's where the brothas used to hustle selling purses out the trunks of their cars in the parking lot.

Are you familiar with that place?

Every day I encounter old, bitter Blaxk men and women cursing at no one, or everyone. Their minds are gone. And most, if not all that I encounter have one thing in common. They preach or curse in the name of god. They curse their own people for being devils, satan and "****".
I used to see a brother walking around, cursing to himself on the streets of Hollywood.

It's human nature with some people and religion has nothing to do with it.

Like Confucius said, "It is hard for a rich man not to be haughty; It is hard for a poor man not to grumble."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back