what is a healthy diet

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by $$RICH$$, Oct 31, 2001.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    how do u know if the diet u choose is right for u
    and how do u keep the weight off ?

burnning fat and watching what u eat
    can be a myth of notion but how do we
    know whats best sometime the doctor
    can't tell u coz everybody sytem works
    different in male and female..........just asking .

2. lwdkairos

lwdkairos Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems like everyone is either about to start a diet, on a diet, or are coming off a diet only to start another one. So, for a moment, let's not even consider the term, 'being on a diet', but rather, let's consider just eating the right food for your metabolic profile.

You see, we are all different in terms of what our bodies can process as food. Everyone has a different metabolic profile. Once you understand your profile, you can begin the process of eating the right food. Here is a link: http://www.mannatech.com/USA/prdprofilesurvey.asp
    that might assist anyone in determining their profile.

In terms of losing weight, eating the right foods, drinking half your weight in ounces of water each day and regular exercise are all key to losing weight and keeping it off. There are various programs or systems one can incorporate to assist with weight loss, but one must be careful. In many programs, an individual may experience weight loss in the first 2-4 weeks only to see it come back with avengence. The reason for the weight-loss-weigh-gain rollercoaster involve a term call plateuing. You see, your body gets use to any stimuli that you are using to trigger the weight loss and then it stops the weight loss process.

We have a program called GlycoLean Lean Body System that help prevent the plateuing. For more info, check out http://www.mannapages.com/teamdawson

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Thankz for the links

and yo insight on this matter !

4. lwdkairos

lwdkairos Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to be honest with you...I am not very fond of the concept of dieting...for me, if you take the last letter from the word you have DIE (lol).

Dieting produces major stresses on the body, which can result in you perhaps losing weight but being less healthy than when you started. Measuring our Body Composition Index tells us our lean tissue to fat ratio. A normal body composition index means you LOOK good. Studies have also proven that a healthy body composition also significantly improves the Biomarkers of Aging. Translation - you not only LOOK good and FEEL good - but you can also slow down and even potentially reverse some of the aging process. Now that should get everyone's attention!

Unfortunately, too many diets cause the body to burn muscle as a fuel supply. Bone loss during dieting is a real problem, especially for women. Fluctuating blood sugar levels can be challenging to diabetics and hypoglycemics. Appetite control, craving, and plateaus in weight loss all complicate dieting. At least they did until the development of the Mannatech GlycoLEAN Lean Body System changed all that. Eliminating those challenges was the top priority in putting together a SYSTEM for a healthy way to lose fat and most importantly - to keep the fat OFF!

Learn more about the GlycoLEAN Lean Body System by visiting: http://www.mannapages.com/teamdawson

5. lwdkairos

lwdkairos Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The interesting thing about what we consider natural or even eating from the basic food groups does not provide the body with the essential nutrients it needs for the following reasons:

1. Unless the fruit or vegetable if vine-ripen, it is missing an important ingredient call phytochemical, which aids the body's defense system.

2. The fruits and vegetables that we eat are either deprived of essential nutrients because of the lack of nutrients in the soil or they or toxic due to level of toxicity in our water, soil and air. What's worst, some of our fruits and vegetables are bought overseas and those countries are using certain pesticides that were banned in the USA.

Yes, Mannatech's GlycoLEAN LEAN Body System is a weight loss program, but its much more than that. For example, the GlycoSlim shake. which is a complete meal replacement, has the Glycemic Seal of Approval, because of its ingredients. So someone who is a diabetic can utilize the program and get the nutrients they need.

I've been on the program and I reachmy goal and I no longer use or need the program. My goal invovled reducing my waist line by 2 inches and getting back into those jeans that I loved! Others have had more dramatic results.

But I agree with you, people STILL need to eat properly, drink plently of water (distilled water is best) and exercise. There is no magic in Manntech's program. In fact, the program comes with a exercise program, and a Glycemic Food Guide so that the user can see what foods to avoid (because of their high sugar content) and what foods are cool.

I never consider the price of Mannatech's product has high, given the benefits that I have recieved from using them. Frankly, my use of the products have offset the need or desire to buy other foods that don't provide any nutritional benefit....PLUS, since I earn multiple checks from Mannatech each month, my products are paid for.

Lastly, I like to say that I am enjoying your feedback. The exchange has been rich and enlightening. THANK-YOU!

6. lwdkairos

lwdkairos Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    OOPS!!!....regarding natural ingredients....

I meant to share with you that Mannatech uses all natural ingredients from natural sources whenever possible. An example of a time this would be impossible would be regarding the melatonin in Mannatonin™ Tablets. The melatonin must be synthetic as it would not be possible or humane to isolate it from animals.

Also, if you like, I can forward a listing of the ingredients in all of our products...it's about 32 pages log, but it's in a .pdf format.

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    very well said u two

now i can share what i've learned here .....thankz

8. lwdkairos

lwdkairos Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Not your ordinary supplement....

Le'ts face it. We don't always eat enough of what we know we should. We must be conscientious about what we consume to avoid disrupting our body's sophisticated processes.

Glyconutritionals are nutrients derived from saccharides (carbohydrates) which are required for forming glycoproteins and are essential in cell-to-cell communication. In particular, scientists have found that carbohydrates are far from being just a source of energy; they actually have a fundamental role in accurate internal communication. In its most basic form, this communication ocurs at the cellular level.

The human body has a miraculous capacity to overcome almost any assault from toxins, fungi, bacteria and viruses. Encoded in every one of our cells is the information needed to carry out its biological function and its ability to orchestrate defense and repair. You can think of the human body as an organization of about 600 trillion cells that must be able to "talk" with each other to function properly. And we all know that good communication is critical to the functioning of any organization.

Scientist have recently discovered that the transfer of this comples data is achieved through the use of eight specific monosaccharide molecules. When supplied in the diet, they are called glyconutrients. These "uniquely" structured "sugars" molecules (not to be confused with table sugar) represent the alphabet for biological information. They are connected inside the cell in different orders to transfer different messages, much the same as we arrange the letters of our alphabet to make different words. The use of these biological words is critical to the health and survival of every cell.

Of the required eight monosacchairdes needed for cellular communication to occur, only two - glucose and galactose - are commonly found in the food we eat.

Mannatech's patent-pending signature product, Ambrotose comples, helps supplement the diet with necessary carbohydrates that are used in cell-to-cell communication. While the body has the ability to manufacture the other monosaccharides from the two predominately found in our diet, the conversion process is complicated, utilizing energy and time, plus numerous, varied enzymes and vitamins.

If anything in the metabolic pathway isn't present or doesn't work properly, the neccessary carbohydrates may not be generated in optimal amounts. Adding Ambrotose complex gives your body saccharides it requires to support otpimal cellualr communication. You may already take vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes, but if you havent's added glyconutritionals, you're overlooking one of the most fundamental steps to your well-being. Optimal Health requires optimal cell-to-cell communication.

To learn more about this technology, please visit our reseach and clinical trial data site: http://www.glycoscience.com. When you arrive at this site, you can enter the word glyconutritionals or a health challenge and the site will retrieve what information it has on that topic.

TO YOUR HEALTH!!!

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Thank u

a million tymes so glad u shared ya wisdom wit me :D