Black People : What industries should make up the foundation of a new black economy?

How about the delegates of the Philadelphia Convention of 1787?

Representatives of sovereign entities i.e. states came together and crafted a new government.

They didn't sit around waiting for someone to take the lead. The came together as representatives of States and crafted a new constitution.

Each state being sovereign and independent in their own right created an interdependent entity amongst themselves.

Looking for a leader outside of one's self is the savior complex.
Little do many know that their savior is themselves and within ....

This does not negate individuals firm in their self-leadership coming together for their common good.

I think this is a great reminder of the past and very informative!

I so like the comment about being a self leader and believe this is so great. We should each have some kind of individual leadership qualities that could inspire us to come together. And you know, I also want to say that these people that came together in 1787 admitted that they took this idea from the natives,...of whom they copied and then disrupted their system. That's the other negative part of what they did.

They copied the Six Nations People of which is apart of my ancestry.

It would be nice to get the plans of some of our great Black thinkers - Dr.s Claud Anderson and Amos Wilson come to mind - in front people with the capital to fund them.

Jewish billionaire Ron Burkle has a history of backing Black entrepreneurs(Diddy and Magic Johnson). But I think the best approach would be getting in contact with people who invested with and learned from J Bruce Llewellyn as they have a strong sense of racial pride attached to their investments(Julius Erving, Bill Cosby, Magic Johnson etc).

On a more plausible level, long-time Black franchisees of major brands(McDonald's, Wendy's, etc) usually have lots of capital and are open to ideas. For example the chairman of Capitol City Bank in Atlanta, a small black bank, owns several McDonald's stores throughout ATL.

It would be nice to get the plans of some of our great Black thinkers - Dr.s Claud Anderson and Amos Wilson come to mind - in front people with the capital to fund them.

Jewish billionaire Ron Burkle has a history of backing Black entrepreneurs(Diddy and Magic Johnson). But I think the best approach would be getting in contact with people who invested with and learned from J Bruce Llewellyn as they have a strong sense of racial pride attached to their investments(Julius Erving, Bill Cosby, Magic Johnson etc).

On a more plausible level, long-time Black franchisees of major brands(McDonald's, Wendy's, etc) usually have lots of capital and are open to ideas. For example the chairman of Capitol City Bank in Atlanta, a small black bank, owns several McDonald's stores throughout ATL.

I would supplement this with having a private side completely separate and insular from commerce.

This private side is your security.

Commerce has very tempestuous waters ....

I would supplement this with having a private side completely separate and insular from commerce.

This private side is your security.

Commerce has very tempestuous waters ....
What do you mean by "private side?"

If you're not involved in commerce, what kind of business would you be in?

What do you mean by "private side?"

If you're not involved in commerce, what kind of business would you be in?

"Private side" if you will is property held solely and exclusively by you. No liens. No mortgages. No loans. No pledging. You don't share with other people, corporations, or even government.

"Public side" is strictly commerce. In fact the term "public" in law means government. If I say, "public office" you know that that means government office.

Commerce involves corporations and governments. Most people think of going into business and think incorporation. Well incorporation comes from government. Property of the corporation is held in trust. Interests in the assets of the corporation are represented by either stock or liens.

For an example, assume a home is bought. The home is mostly likely held under mortgage. The home owner has an equity stake in the home. The bank has a security interest in the home. Government collects property tax from the home. The home is directly involved in public commerce for the commercial benefit of banks, government, and the general public.

For my next example, assume I purchase a solar energy electrical system. This system is installed in the home. It exceeds my energy needs and allows me to go off-grid. I now no longer have to worry about a contract with the electric company. I no longer have an active account with the electric company. I no longer have a bill from the electric company. I also avoid the taxes of using public electrical service. This is going private. I own the electrical system absolutely.

Contracts, bills, accounts, taxes, etc. are all articles heavily used in commerce.
Commerce is public. Commerce is regulated by government.

Does this sufficiently answer your question?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back