Black Entertainment : What in the world happened to the artist formerly known as Mos Def?

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
mos-def-1200x0.jpg

This week, Yasiin Bey, the 42-year-old artist formerly known as Mos Def, shockingly announced that he was retiring from music and acting. The strange message, a freestyle rap via cell phone that was posted on the website of longtime friend Kanye West, has prompted many hip-hop fans to ask: “What the hell happened to Mos Def?”

To try and answer that question, we have assembled a little three-part timeline of Mos Def’s odd transformation, allowing you to follow the talented artist through what has been an enigmatic multi-year period.

Read more

http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/what-happened-to-mos-def-retirement/

He's been a part of the production of
some videos critical of the western
nations in general
and the United States in particular

Last I read he's also been barred from returning to this nation...

fyi

Exactly. I think this is what happened. There is probably more than we know, but I think this is what it's about. When he tried to return to the US to do his tour a few years ago, he was surprised to find that he was barred from the country and was never given an explanation. Many people have criticized these practices so I am wondering what made Mos Def's criticism different. I never cared for Hip Hop, you know, but he was one that I really liked.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back