Black People : What I learned while at Destee.com... Win a Year of Premium Membership!!

I'm not really interested in winning a Premium Membership...If I want it, then I'll donate.... but I will say what I've learned....

I learned that this is my family, regardless of if I can't stand some of you and regardless if we will never meet. We all have some sort of connection to one another, and that connection is to see our people rise and come together...Regardless of where we come from, our belief system (religious or not), sexual orientation, etc...I also learned we have a VERY long way to go and we are no where close, because there are a lot of things that a lot of us still don't understand, are not willing to accept, and won't come to agree on...And that's okay.

I also learned some people on here are nuts. LOL...I've also learned some people aren't who they say they are.

I've learned that even though I have differences with some people on here, some of them have been the most awesome people that I've talked too. And I got to appreciate those people outside of Destee on a personal level, when something was going wrong or going right I could always talk to them.

I personally learned to love myself more than before. This site kinda pushed me into the direction of going natural with my hair and to love the hair that God gave me.

I learned tomatoes and avocado is a fruit. That's just today. I learn stuff here every day and it's not about new threads. I learn from reading old threads then if I post, sometimes members drop knowledge. So it ain't good to just read. It's also good to contribute. I'm ignorant about certain topics though and in those cases I don't have much to contribute but a simple wow or woah. Please don't think I'm spamming if I post only a sentence or two. I like posting in a thread that interests me because it becomes saved in my subscriptions so I can go back and read it.

I really needed a site like this because I just created a Black gaming site. Before I created it, I researched and did not find any other active Black gaming sites. I thought it was pretty sad so I created my own. Then I started brainstorming topics. I came up with a list and started writing articles. Then after I wrote some articles I realized that I would have to do two things, be a news site or just be an article site where I can post good stuff that Black people can actually benefit from. I decided on the latter since I don't have that much time to be posting videogame news everyday.

Anyway, that's when I started searching for Black forums. I knew I wouldn't find videogame related stuff in Black forums but I knew I would find some knowledge which would open myself up more to the possibilities of what I can talk about concerning gaming and Black folks.

I'll give an example. I just beat a videogame called Assassin's Creed II. In that game you get to play against Rodrigo Borgia. Rodrigo Borgia is the main bad guy in the game. You get to beat him up at the end of the game. Some of the characters in the game are based on actual historical figures. The game takes place in Italy. Leonardo Da Vinci is a recurring character in the game. Rodrigo Borgia was a real person who became a pope. When I looked up his history, I discovered that this is the pope that split the americas into halves for Spain and Portugal to take over, that he gave the okay for enslaving Africans and Native-Americans and that he was one of the most crooked, money-greedy, scheming popes of all time. He was even called the antichrist by other popes. Then on top of that, another future pope accused him of being a Jew since he was accomodating to the Jews and his background was similar to Jewish Italians in his area. That right there is also fascinating in itself because from what I've read about slavery, a lot of Africans were political prisoners and the Black Hebrew Israelites believe that a lot of the Africans sent to the Americas during slavery were Black Hebrew Israelites and that the Jews who are claiming they are from the Tribes of Israel are fakes. If Rodrigo Borgia really was a Jew as that other pope claimed, then that would implicate that a fake Jew sent the REAL Black Hebrew Israelites to slavery.

Now I'm not saying I believe that theory. Part of why I joined this site is so that I could read some threads and research some more and on other sites before I post that Assassin's Creed II article.

But yeah I'm always learning stuff here, completely unrelated to why I joined and it's making me wanna stick around.

Wow Sister Proverbs31Woman ... THANK YOU !!!! ... :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

If you respond to this thread, share something you've learned, your name will go into a hat and you may win a YEAR OF PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP !!!!

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

This is great !!! Thank You So Much Sister !!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I was just saying to Brother Dre Money in another thread, how I've learned so much here! How this fact alone has encouraged me, kept me moving forward, believing ... oh my gosh ... what have i learned ... the list is endless ... so many Sisters and Brothers I've had the pleasure of learning from ... experiencing ... including YOU Sister !!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I'll start crying and won't get nuth'n else done ... even trying to list the stuff i've learned !!! :)

This will be fun to read and respond to though ... and again ... THANK YOU !!!

Uh Oh ... i've chosen one of your games to be a game ... so YOU win a YEAR OF PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP TOO !!! :toast:

Thank You Sister ... I Love You! :grouphug:

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Wow Sister Destee! You are such a jewel:kiss:, and I have picked up some nuggets of gold from you and host of others, too!

I would be more than happy to collect and pull a name for the draw of one year free Premium membership, what a prize!

Alright Desteeonians, let's get to postin....take a break from some of the mind boggling threads, lol, and relax with some free flow thoughts back in time!

Thank you Sisters Destee, Chevron, MsInterpret and Brother Clyde:heart:!!

Ready, Get Set, Goooooo!

I learned tomatoes and avocado is a fruit. That's just today. I learn stuff here every day and it's not about new threads. I learn from reading old threads then if I post, sometimes members drop knowledge. So it ain't good to just read. It's also good to contribute. I'm ignorant about certain topics though and in those cases I don't have much to contribute but a simple wow or woah. Please don't think I'm spamming if I post only a sentence or two. I like posting in a thread that interests me because it becomes saved in my subscriptions so I can go back and read it.

I really needed a site like this because I just created a Black gaming site. Before I created it, I researched and did not find any other active Black gaming sites. I thought it was pretty sad so I created my own. Then I started brainstorming topics. I came up with a list and started writing articles. Then after I wrote some articles I realized that I would have to do two things, be a news site or just be an article site where I can post good stuff that Black people can actually benefit from. I decided on the latter since I don't have that much time to be posting videogame news everyday.

Anyway, that's when I started searching for Black forums. I knew I wouldn't find videogame related stuff in Black forums but I knew I would find some knowledge which would open myself up more to the possibilities of what I can talk about concerning gaming and Black folks.

I'll give an example. I just beat a videogame called Assassin's Creed II. In that game you get to play against Rodrigo Borgia. Rodrigo Borgia is the main bad guy in the game. You get to beat him up at the end of the game. Some of the characters in the game are based on actual historical figures. The game takes place in Italy. Leonardo Da Vinci is a recurring character in the game. Rodrigo Borgia was a real person who became a pope. When I looked up his history, I discovered that this is the pope that split the americas into halves for Spain and Portugal to take over, that he gave the okay for enslaving Africans and Native-Americans and that he was one of the most crooked, money-greedy, scheming popes of all time. He was even called the antichrist by other popes. Then on top of that, another future pope accused him of being a Jew since he was accomodating to the Jews and his background was similar to Jewish Italians in his area. That right there is also fascinating in itself because from what I've read about slavery, a lot of Africans were political prisoners and the Black Hebrew Israelites believe that a lot of the Africans sent to the Americas during slavery were Black Hebrew Israelites and that the Jews who are claiming they are from the Tribes of Israel are fakes. If Rodrigo Borgia really was a Jew as that other pope claimed, then that would implicate that a fake Jew sent the REAL Black Hebrew Israelites to slavery.

Now I'm not saying I believe that theory. Part of why I joined this site is so that I could read some threads and research some more and on other sites before I post that Assassin's Creed II article.

But yeah I'm always learning stuff here, completely unrelated to why I joined and it's making me wanna stick around.

Wow Brother Dre Money, great share and big ups on your gaming site! Now see, you just taught me something I didn't know, thank you, thank you:toast:

Wow Brother Dre Money, great share and big ups on your gaming site! Now see, you just taught me something I didn't know, thank you, thank you:toast:
Thanks! I'll split my post into two posts though. One for the Black Hebrew Israelites subforum on here and a thread in black web site owners. I'm looking through that whole black web site owners forum to see if another black video game website has been posted yet though and if not I'll know if mine's the first or not.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back