Black People : What holds back our Motivation???

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
When or ancestors came off those plantations into a world of pure hatred and practicaly no rights, with noting but the rags on thier backs and the scars of abuse, they achieved and accomplished with Creativity and Wisdom and all made way out of no way,
so they could honesty have made many excuse but they did not they just did what they had to do

Now we have any number of the solutions, and any number of plans laid out for us from the 1930s to the present, a communications technolgy to network like never before and a trillion dollars spending power, so whats the hold up?

When or ancestors came off those plantations into a world of pure hatred and practicaly no rights, with noting but the rags on thier backs and the scars of abuse, they achieved and accomplished with Creativity and Wisdom and all made way out of no way,
so they could honesty have made many excuse but they did not they just did what they had to do

Now we have any number of the solutions, and any number of plans laid out for us from the 1930s to the present, a communications technolgy to network like never before and a trillion dollars spending power, so whats the hold up?

IMO, I think the majority of us are lazier. Technology has made people lazier. Yes we have the technology to network, but it's brought about an excuse to actually physically get up and do it like how our ancestors had to do it.

People back then had heart. They had drive. Their struggles gave them the will power to get it done.

Rather than indict a whole group of people, i question myself. "What holds back your motivation?" The easiest thing to do is to pick apart others, without focus on what I should be doing.

Of course some dont have the drive of our elders. But then some do. Situations and needs are different now. But in this discussion, it should always come back to "ME."

However, I agree with MsInterpret. Technology has made some lazy, (and social inept, unable to hold a conversation without a keyboard in front of them) but there are some Black/African people doing some amazing things.

We are motivated. It just depends on your perspective and how much you demand from others performance.

Rather than indict a whole group of people, i question myself. "What holds back your motivation?" The easiest thing to do is to pick apart others, without focus on what we should be doing.

Of course some dont have the drive of our elders. But then some do. Situations and needs are different now. But in this discussion, it should always come back to "ME."

However, I agree with MsInterpret. Technology has made some lazy, (and social inept, unable to hold a conversation without a keyboard in front of them) but there are some Black/African people doing some amazing things.

We are motivated. It just depends on your perspective and how much you demand from others performance.

I totally agree. I too don't expect every one to fully participate in actions that will move us forward as a group. I'm starting to see that we may not all see ourselves as a unified group. I'm believing that we might be too fractured, here on destee's and where I live as well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back