Black People : What Have You Done For Me Lately?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Aug 18, 2011.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What have you done for me. If you haven't done anything for me does that give me the right to go around harassing anyone who supports you

One man cannot meet the myriad needs of all Blacks no matter how powerful he is. Some needs we must meet on our own or on a local level. There's a Black man in the Oval Office. Of course, you are free to express your disagreement with his policies and actions, but when you dog anyone who supports him that is nothing less than harassment

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    And vice versa.....You ALSO can't dog a man who also doesn't support him.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    This why i set my standards not to high to reach and not too low where
    it become easy , I have a motivation to strive for what i want beyond
    wondering what someone else do for me.........

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    you know as Christian I don't like to talk about my religion, but I will say this, there are Black Christians and negro Christians and negro
    Christions are full o praise and Jesus Jesus Jesus, and helelujah all day long, but care less about doing the work hesaid to do, a they are heares of he word but ot doers!
    and you know foks prasie Obama but rarely ever focus discuss or talk about what Obama is pointing to to Black folks, so realy the question is what are folks doing for Obama?
    For instance the man is a Harvard law scholar, something that takes much extensive research, but how many even bother to reseaerch anything?
    what kind of support is that?
    The man was a community activist in the Black comunity but how many are willing to focus on discuss or talk about community activism?
    The man became senator, but how many took the time to learn the entire processes of local politics in their are? or register young sistersb and brothes to vote?
    and now he is president, how come folks have not been inspired since 2008 to read, study and learn up about politics as much as posible? about foreign affairs as much as possible?

so the real question is does anyone think hewants yes men and cheerleeders or folks to walk the talk?