Black People Politics : What has Obama offered or promised the Black community?

ARE WE VOTING WITH OUR HEARTS OR OUR HEADS

oldiesman said:
how about this,if we CARE so much about this blackman being president and should he actually WIN then we as black americans[yes folks thats what we are believe it or not]should strive to not embarass ourselves as a people if for no other reason than to prove to OURSELVES that we can pull together and have unity amongst ourselves[put down those fortys-get into drug rehab-close some liquor stores]now i know that it's a tall order,but you wanted something and think about this black people,should obama win there may be a time when he ACTUALLY DOES go before congress to get something pushed for us,do you thing that they're gonna pay him ANY MIND if we're still cutting up,if we believe that this man can effect ANY CHANGE then we gotta help him don't we?
What in the world are you talking about,
ARE FOLKS DEIFIEING THIS CAT?????
ARE WE WORSHIPING HIM INSTEAD OF VOTING FOR HIM?

Garvey couldn't do it,
Malcom couldn't do it,
Martin couldn't do it,
Jesus and Muhammed and Moses who are ALL BLACK
couldn't do it,

BUT HE CAN??????????????? :qqb009:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
istlota said:
Mandela gave up 26 years of his life, spent it doing hard labor in Robben Island, for working _outside_, not _within_, his country's corrupt government. A lot of White Folks, including our current VP, said he was a "terrorist" at the time.

Back in 2002, Obama gave a speech, with Jesse Jackson present, where he expressed the wiilingness to pick up arms himself to fight "terrorists". And, in a a Chicago Tribune interview back in 2004, he expressed support for bombing Iran and Pakistan. It is difficult for me to think of him as a candidate for change knowing what he has said in the past when he wasn't running for POTUS.

Being an informed black man, I know who the _real_ terrorists are in our world. Obama, apparently, does not.

I am not saying Obama is a "bad" man. I am saying he is a "good" American, and all the deadheadedness that goes along with that.

Obama is no Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela worked _outside_ a wicked system, changed it, and then made it his own -- something better. Obama seeks to work _inside_ a wicked system. Obama seeks to become President of the most war-mongering nation in modern history.

You CANNOT change a wicked system from _within_ it. Jesus, Mandela, King, Sisulu, Malcolm --- they all understood this.
:toasts: :toasts: :toasts:

Natinr said:
What in the world are you talking about,
ARE FOLKS DEIFIEING THIS CAT?????
ARE WE WORSHIPING HIM INSTEAD OF VOTING FOR HIM?

Garvey couldn't do it,
Malcom couldn't do it,
Martin couldn't do it,
Jesus and Muhammed and Moses who are ALL BLACK
couldn't do it,

BUT HE CAN??????????????? :qqb009:
that's just an idea,take it or leave it and I didn't say he COULD DO ANYTHING,read what i wrote!

oldiesman :heart: I know that you know that we know change is a'coming. and that is exactly what he promised :)

Natinr - I believe there is something wrong with you if you believe Garvey, Malcolm etc didnt do "it" - they all played magnificent roles in Black history - still do now - towards the goal of unifying/educating the Black nation. Of course, there will always be.. those who kick and scream every step of the way. familiar? ;)

Regardless, you cannot put Obama in the Black revolutionary category - he is not one. Although, him becoming president would likely turn up the revolutionary volume on all informed Black people in America = change.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back