Black People : What has ANY politician done for Black People?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

The question was asked, what has Clinton done for Black People ... but i'd like to take it one step further ...

What has ANY politician done for Black People?

What COLLECTIVE advances, betterment, justice, economic viability, etc., can be attributed to a politician?

It doesn't matter when or where ... just share it with us please.

Let's list all the help we've received from politicians, so those like me can have faith in this same system that enslaved us.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Peace and Blessings Family,

The question was asked, what has Clinton done for Black People ... but i'd like to take it one step further ...

What has ANY politician done for Black People?

What COLLECTIVE advances, betterment, justice, economic viability, etc., can be attributed to a politician?

It doesn't matter when or where ... just share it with us please.

Let's list all the help we've received from politicians, so those like me can have faith in this same system that enslaved us.

Thanks in advance.

Destee
I think we have gotten about the most we can expect from politicians as a COLLECTIVE.

That being said, and giving credit where credit is due, it took politicians to give us the rights that we now take for granted, that were previously..historically withheld from us, and that we could not have gained without some politicians being on our side....(at least insomuch as our civil rights go)

LBJ Speech....
In our time change has come to this Nation, too. The American Negro, acting with impressive restraint, has peacefully protested and marched, entered the courtrooms and the seats of government, demanding a justice that has long been denied. The voice of the Negro was the call to action. But it is a tribute to America that, once aroused, the courts and the Congress, the President and most of the people, have been the allies of progress.

Thus we have seen the high court of the country declare that discrimination based on race was repugnant to the Constitution, and therefore void. We have seen in 1957, and 1960, and again in 1964, the first civil rights legislation in this Nation in almost an entire century.

Sure, they were just giving us what was long overdue, but I personally don't think it could have been accomplished without a cooperative effort on the part of politicians. I think the reality is that all of the "By any means necessary" in world would not have achieved the rights and protections we now take for granted, had not "THE COURTS AND THE CONGRESS, THE PRESIDENT AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE" not been supportive of these rights. We only represent 13% (12.8% to be exact) of the people so it is unlikely that we could have accomplished as much as we have without a political solution.

That being said, I am not in favor of waiting for or being dependent upon the Government for nothing other than to protect my civil and equal rights, and basic governmental responsibilities such as law enforcement, and infrastucture such as highways and fire protection.

So what have politicians done for us, lately? NOTHING.......

Well, I take that back.....Once again, I have to give credit where credit is due...Bush enacted the child tax credit....since that time, I have never had to pay the Alternate Minimum Tax and instead have gotten a rather substantial refund.....Of course this doesn't help the "collective"...but it sure makes me happy.

excel10k said:
I think we have gotten about the most we can expect from politicians as a COLLECTIVE.

That being said, and giving credit where credit is due, it took politicians to give us the rights that we now take for granted, that were previously..historically withheld from us, and that we could not have gained without some politicians being on our side....(at least insomuch as our civil rights go)

LBJ Speech....
In our time change has come to this Nation, too. The American Negro, acting with impressive restraint, has peacefully protested and marched, entered the courtrooms and the seats of government, demanding a justice that has long been denied. The voice of the Negro was the call to action. But it is a tribute to America that, once aroused, the courts and the Congress, the President and most of the people, have been the allies of progress.

Thus we have seen the high court of the country declare that discrimination based on race was repugnant to the Constitution, and therefore void. We have seen in 1957, and 1960, and again in 1964, the first civil rights legislation in this Nation in almost an entire century.

Sure, they were just giving us what was long overdue, but I personally don't think it could have been accomplished without a cooperative effort on the part of politicians. I think the reality is that all of the "By any means necessary" in world would not have achieved the rights and protections we now take for granted, had not "THE COURTS AND THE CONGRESS, THE PRESIDENT AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE" not been supportive of these rights. We only represent 13% (12.8% to be exact) of the people so it is unlikely that we could have accomplished as much as we have without a political solution.

That being said, I am not in favor of waiting for or being dependent upon the Government for nothing other than to protect my civil and equal rights, and basic governmental responsibilities such as law enforcement, and infrastucture such as highways and fire protection.

So what have politicians done for us, lately? NOTHING.......

Well, I take that back.....Once again, I have to give credit where credit is due...Bush enacted the child tax credit....since that time, I have never had to pay the Alternate Minimum Tax and instead have gotten a rather substantial refund.....Of course this doesn't help the "collective"...but it sure makes me happy.

I submit that they gave us nothing. The things you speak of, God gave to every living being, upon birth. They took that from us, and gave us a portion of it back. I don't consider that a win for any politician.

I'm not surprised that you'd mention your own personal gains, when the question clearly speaks to our collective betterment. Nonetheless, i'm glad you're happy and thanks for sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Sister Destee.

Hello and Good Morning.

I think the issue is the perspective from which one views such things. It is what led Hillary Clinton to say those callous remarks about the Civil Rights Movement. Many "Whites" in the political establishment, indeed most folks tied to politics regardless of race, think something was given to us. They did "us" a favor. From most perspectives in the forum, it is rather hard to look upon American society with a positive attitude about it. Simply because "freedom", human dignity, etc. aren't supposed to be legislated.

That is actually a critique of a society and not something to be proud of.

mazimtaim said:
Sister Destee.

Hello and Good Morning.

I think the issue is the perspective from which one views such things. It is what led Hillary Clinton to say those callous remarks about the Civil Rights Movement. Many "Whites" in the political establishment, indeed most folks tied to politics regardless of race, think something was given to us. They did "us" a favor. From most perspectives in the forum, it is rather hard to look upon American society with a positive attitude about it. Simply because "freedom", human dignity, etc. aren't supposed to be legislated.

That is actually a critique of a society and not something to be proud of.

Brother Mazimtain ... Hello and Good Morning to you too!

(oouuuuuu ... i'm beginning to cringe every time i use the word "hello" ... sorry)

I realize that white people think they've done so much for us, and that without them we'd be dead probably.

But i'm wondering what do we think politicians have done for us. Brother Excel10k shared what he thought they did for us, but even that falls short of "helping us" in my opinion, considering they are the same ones that put us in that predicament.

With this election receiving so much attention from us, as most do, i just want something that i can sink my teeth into, regarding what politicians have done for us ... so i can get excited about the election too.

Thanks for sharing.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back