Black People : What happened to the Black Conscious Community and our Movement?

BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS MOVEMENT (BCM)

Black consciousness can be described as an awareness among blacks that their human identity hinges on the fact that they are black. Blacks (which, in this definition, include Indians and coloureds) are proud of their skin colour, and aware of the fact that they have their own black history and culture, differing from that of whites. They no longer accept being judged according to white values and norms. This means that they must psychologically liberate themselves from the "slave mentality" created by "institutionalized racism" and "white liberalism". In essence, black consciousness is an attitude towards life. It is very difficult, if not impossible, for whites to be included in black consciousness groups.

1. Black Consciousness Movement (BCM) - The O'Malley Archives
    https://www.nelsonmandela.org/omalley/index.php/site/q/03lv02424/04lv02730/05lv03188/06lv03193.htm - 159k - Cached - Similar pages

Consciousness for me, is contemplating the universe, seeking the truth of existence, truth is the ultimate, and most supreme thing in my eyes, what can supersede it, I want to know all that life has to offer, what is the highest one can reach, what are the limits of the heavens, some of the things I ponder may be considered radical, and sacrilegious, but I think imagination, and open-mindedness, has suffered a huge blow, to the point of being nonexistent, people should dream, they should attempt what is said to be impossible, all the color is being sucked from the world, it's becoming tasteless, you should all dream, your ideas should color the world

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back