Black Entertainment : What Good Is A "Black" TV Show If Black People Don't Write The Script?

ChosenSeed

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2009
Black people have a way of tuning in and identifying with characters they see on the big and little screen because the characters are played by black people. What's the ultimate effect when those characters aren't written by black people, which they aren't the majority of the time.

I never watch sitcoms. I may be able to catch a glimpse of a commercial of one while I'm watching sports on television. Damon Wayans has a new show out with his son Damon Wayans Jr called "Happy Endings." During the promo of the show Damon Wayans says "Let's just get jiggy with stuff," in a buffoonish manner. It just jumped off the screen as something that no black person would every write and he acted in a way that only a non black person would direct him. A non black person by the name of David Caspe is the creator of the show. Big shock huh? It is sickening that black people in Hollywood portray 100% the imagery that the non black creators, writers, producers, and directors tell them to portray.

Children view that sort of madness. That imagery is ingrained in their heads. It gets further fortified by the fact that the music industry pushes artists that portray even more disastrous imagery, sadly black people are the authors this time around...

Black people have a way of tuning in and identifying with characters they see on the big and little screen because the characters are played by black people. What's the ultimate effect when those characters aren't written by black people, which they aren't the majority of the time.

I never watch sitcoms. I may be able to catch a glimpse of a commercial of one while I'm watching sports on television. Damon Wayans has a new show out with his son Damon Wayans Jr called "Happy Endings." During the promo of the show Damon Wayans says "Let's just get jiggy with stuff," in a buffoonish manner. It just jumped off the screen as something that no black person would every write and he acted in a way that only a non black person would direct him. A non black person by the name of David Caspe is the creator of the show. Big shock huh? It is sickening that black people in Hollywood portray 100% the imagery that the non black creators, writers, producers, and directors tell them to portray.

Children view that sort of madness. That imagery is ingrained in their heads. It gets further fortified by the fact that the music industry pushes artists that portray even more disastrous imagery, sadly black people are the authors this time around...

Unfortunately, this news, is not new news.

Meet the Browns and House of Payne is not written by Black folks either,
it is written by negros,

cause some of that stuff on there, and men bafooning and what not is about as bad as Amos and Andy!

50332_107929985286_4562_n.jpg

Meet the Browns and House of Payne is not written by Black folks either,
it is written by negros,

cause some of that stuff on there, and men bafooning and what not is about as bad as Amos and Andy!

50332_107929985286_4562_n.jpg

I think that's an artistic and economic example of two things that black people are familiar with. Have you ever seen the black cop that is trying to outdo racist white cops in how he degrades black people in his own effort to establish loyalty to his fellow officers? See how black people use to have to be force fed parts of the pig that enslavers were not willing to eat? What happened? Eventually black people made that a featured and desired part of their culture.

Tyler Perry is that racist black cop cooking chitterlings and fat back for his people to consume as he establishes his loyalty to Hollywood.
The ugly part about it is that black people know better to defend the black officer because he is the modern day overseer, but since Tyler Perry is making huge amounts of money and black people worship money, black people will defend Tyler Perry like they defend church preachers or "good ol' massah." Eddie Long can rape every young male in his congregation and those black people would never care. Tyler Perry could portray black people doing any and everything vile and black people as a whole wouldn't care, because he is rich, successful, and his chitterlings are good for the soul...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back