Black People : What Goes Around Comes Around

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Apr 28, 2014.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    InSouth Africa,whitesare becoming squatters

Today I watch a BBC documentary on the life of whites who are now coming to grips with what it is to be poor.

It seems that western media is concerned that whites have to eek out a living in South Africa.

ApartheidinSouth Africa: Decades of Serving the U.S. Emp

Apartheid(1948-1994)
    The Apartheid policy was only changed in 1994...not a long time just 20 years.
    That
    system was institutionalised racism.

• Black folks could not get jobs,
    • They had to carry a pass in order to travel to certain areas.
    • Three times as much money was spent on education for one white child compared to blacks.
    "South African President Jacob Zuma visited a white squatter camp near the capital Pretoria last year ahead of his election, saying he was "shocked and surprised". "The vast number in black poverty does not mean we must ignore white poverty, which is becoming an embarrassment to talk about," Zuma said at the time."
    F.W. DeKlerk who was president during the Apartheid regime I am sure he was not shocked nor surprise at the way black folks were treated.

Despite the seeming poverty of some whites, black are still marginalised. During the last World Cup as I listened to the BBC the reporter visited a black area and all he kept talking about was the poor conditions blacks were living in.

It is interesting to note that the Western media highlights these small number of whites but during the Apartheid regime, they were silent could not care what happen to black folks. My grandmother always said. TIME LONGER THAN TWINE.

2. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247