Science and Technology : What firewall is better to install?

anAfrican said:
"xp", "VERY good", "free" and "doesn't slow down my computer" ... "Would you like the Hope Diamond with your order, sir?"

find an old pentium 100MHz with two NICs; garage sailing could prolly find one for under $25.
install *BSD and use either ipfw or ip. (free for the download plus mental sweat)
install linux and use firestarter. (free plus learning)
find a firewall live-cd or distro for that old box. (free plus burning)
either put two NICs in that box (one to the net, one to your main puter) or add a router/hub (and be able to connect more puters to the net).
actually, the linksys wrt54g router [i picked up one for $30] (and probably others) can have the firmware reflashed with a linux version (dd-wrt) that can do all your firewalling for you.

anAfrican

The link you gave me was great! my laptop is runing beautifully now...and i didn't have to spend 50 dollars for antispy ware thanks bro!

Amnat77 said:
anAfrican said:
"xp", "VERY good", "free" and "doesn't slow down my computer" ... "Would you like the Hope Diamond with your order, sir?"

find an old pentium 100MHz with two NICs; garage sailing could prolly find one for under $25.
install *BSD and use either ipfw or ip. (free for the download plus mental sweat)
install linux and use firestarter. (free plus learning)
find a firewall live-cd or distro for that old box. (free plus burning)
either put two NICs in that box (one to the net, one to your main puter) or add a router/hub (and be able to connect more puters to the net).
actually, the linksys wrt54g router [i picked up one for $30] (and probably others) can have the firmware reflashed with a linux version (dd-wrt) that can do all your firewalling for you.

anAfrican

The link you gave me was great! my laptop is runing beautifully now...and i didn't have to spend 50 dollars for antispy ware thanks bro!
glad that i could help!!

it don't always cost an arm and a leg to do stuff; that is just market-speak for "gimme all your money".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back