Black People : What features would you most like to see?

In my opinion, finding ways to get members who share certain views to network better within the site. If Destee decides to do that[/B], it would be because there are DIFFERENT viewpoints that some feel contribute to black progress that if shared among the group cause too many issues, (in my opinion). The keyword is contribute to black progress... WE ALL know collectively which ones don't, so those are not the ones being considered at least by me. We're talking about ones that particularly established members have shared that a few others agree with but are still controversial. Separate threads for those viewpoints could be done within the site, and if members aren't partial to it, don't visit it. You can't stop them, but at least they would know ahead of time who and what are going to be in those threads.

For the record, this would not include the boards already in place such as Panafricanism that most already agree on. There might be other things mentioned from a VARIETY of stances that could fit into these categories.

karmashines said:
In my opinion, finding ways to get members who share certain views to network better within the site.

We're talking about ones that particularly established member have shared that a few others agree with but are still controversial. Separate threads for those viewpoints could be done within the site, and if members aren't partial to it, don't visit it. You can't stop them, but at least they would know ahead of time who and what are going to be in those threads.
For the record, this would not include the boards already in place such as Panafricanism that most already agree on. There might be other things mentioned from a VARIETY of stances that could fit into these categories.

I second what you're suggesting. I agree that different forums for different mindsets would enhance the site because there's too much heat between opposing mindsets. For ex. I was involved in the Beethoven thread the other day and there was so much heat between the nationalists, for example, on here and those who are more mainstream in their views about a topic like that until much was lost. Both viewpoints are thought-provoking and provide valuable insight, but they clash so quickly when they try to discuss a topic like that till neither side is heard well enough and important information falls by the wayside.

Separate mindset forums would prevent that because for ex. a more mainstream person need not enter the nationalists forum and vice versa unless each wants to do so.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back