Black People : What features would you most like to see?

kemetkind

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
What ideas/suggestions do the Destee Family have for improving the site?

A periodic self-review is always good.

spicybrown

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2005
A. A vent forum

B. A Member of the Month/Congratulation forum

C. A definite "yes" or "no" regarding the reunion

There are many great amenities on this forum:)

kemetkind

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
I'll put in mine...I'd love it if we could figure a way to get Chess implemented.

Also the "platinum threads" forum showcasing some of Destee.com's best discussions would add lot of value and should be easy to do.

karmashines

BANNED
Feb 26, 2005
In my opinion, finding ways to get members who share certain views to network better within the site. If Destee decides to do that[/B], it would be because there are DIFFERENT viewpoints that some feel contribute to black progress that if shared among the group cause too many issues, (in my opinion). The keyword is contribute to black progress... WE ALL know collectively which ones don't, so those are not the ones being considered at least by me. We're talking about ones that particularly established members have shared that a few others agree with but are still controversial. Separate threads for those viewpoints could be done within the site, and if members aren't partial to it, don't visit it. You can't stop them, but at least they would know ahead of time who and what are going to be in those threads.

For the record, this would not include the boards already in place such as Panafricanism that most already agree on. There might be other things mentioned from a VARIETY of stances that could fit into these categories.

Bisabee

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 4, 2006
karmashines said:
In my opinion, finding ways to get members who share certain views to network better within the site.

We're talking about ones that particularly established member have shared that a few others agree with but are still controversial. Separate threads for those viewpoints could be done within the site, and if members aren't partial to it, don't visit it. You can't stop them, but at least they would know ahead of time who and what are going to be in those threads.
For the record, this would not include the boards already in place such as Panafricanism that most already agree on. There might be other things mentioned from a VARIETY of stances that could fit into these categories.

I second what you're suggesting. I agree that different forums for different mindsets would enhance the site because there's too much heat between opposing mindsets. For ex. I was involved in the Beethoven thread the other day and there was so much heat between the nationalists, for example, on here and those who are more mainstream in their views about a topic like that until much was lost. Both viewpoints are thought-provoking and provide valuable insight, but they clash so quickly when they try to discuss a topic like that till neither side is heard well enough and important information falls by the wayside.

Separate mindset forums would prevent that because for ex. a more mainstream person need not enter the nationalists forum and vice versa unless each wants to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
I Love You! :love:
Destee wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Good to see you Sister! :cheerleader:
Kemetstry wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Where have you been hiding ?
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
I am looking for participants in a study to share their experiences as former African American males served as ED/EBD/BD in the southeast. Participants ages 18-35 will be interviewed and given the opportunity to express their thoughts, feelings and impressions of their school years. If interested or for more information please contact me directly. Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question. I am a doctorate student in need of participants for my study. Is it allowable to post a request for study participants. If so, this is the post that would be uploaded: