Black Spirituality Religion : What Falls Under the Occult Umbrella ?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I would not have counted telepathy, as the occult, had i not seen them put together in this post, shared here recently.

This really opened the door in my mind, regarding the occult, and what all it comprises. It seems to be quite vast. I remember having a discussion about this before, here in the community, and will try to find that thread and link it here. But no matter, maybe those who are knowledgeable in the occult, will share with us, those things that actually come under the occult umbrella.

Okay ... so Telepathy is under the occult umbrella ... (??) ... right?

What else falls under this umbrella?

We problee got folk doing occult things, and they don't even know it's occult!

I bet there are aspects of Christianity and Islam, that might fall under the occult umbrella! :eeek:

Looking forward to all that's shared! :grouphug:

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I would not have counted telepathy, as the occult, had i not seen them put together in this post, shared here recently.

This really opened the door in my mind, regarding the occult, and what all it comprises. It seems to be quite vast. I remember having a discussion about this before, here in the community, and will try to find that thread and link it here. But no matter, maybe those who are knowledgeable in the occult, will share with us, those things that actually come under the occult umbrella.

Okay ... so Telepathy is under the occult umbrella ... (??) ... right?

What else falls under this umbrella?

We problee got folk doing occult things, and they don't even know it's occult!

I bet there are aspects of Christianity and Islam, that might fall under the occult umbrella! :eeek:

Looking forward to all that's shared! :grouphug:

Thanks.

Destee

Peace Sistah Destee....It's true that MANY aspects of christianity and Islam fall under the occult umbrella. In fact it's really a traditional practice to have what we call "outer circle" and "inner circle" teachings and practices. These are found in just about every "religion" from christianity to buddhism. The outer circle stuff would be the moral precepts, hygiene practices, etc. The inner circle stuff tends to reveal the "hidden" or "occult" aspects of the outer circle stuff. For example, watching some friends perform salat (islamic prayer) I noticed that the body movements were very similar to some yoga poses. After doing more research (both academically and experientially) I found that the poses do have the same effect as yoga poses. Then I found this: "One of the most obvious correspondences between Islam and hatha yoga is the resemblance of salât to the physical exercises of yoga âsanas. An Indian Muslim author, Ashraf F. Nizami, noted this in his book Namaz, the Yoga of Islam (Bombay: D.B. Taraporevala, 1977). The root meaning of the word salât is 'to bend the lower back', as in hatha yoga; the Persians translated this concept with the word namâz, from a verbal root meaning 'to bow', etymologically related to the Sanskrit word namaste. The thousands of postures and variations known to hatha yoga can be classified into a few basic types, including standing postures, spinal stretches, inverted postures, seated postures, and spinal twists. The genius of Islamic salât is to incorporate all of these in rudimentary form into a compact, flowing sequence, ensuring a thorough, all-round course of exercises for good health that is easy for everyone to practice."

I know that this is not comprehensive, but I hope it helps.

P.E.A.C.E.:fyi:

Thank You Brother Afrodaze1 ... so good to have you back in the house, and to be sharing in discussion with you again ... :love:

Yes, absolutely your insight helps. Thank You! Since posting this in June, I've run into quite a few pieces of persuading evidence, suggesting that Christianity and Islam are not far from the Occult. Not even a stone's throw away. In spite of this though, they are all used to keep us divided, when in reality, there is very little division at all. We will fight and attack each other over what amounts to be, stumbling blocks intentionally set before us. The leaders of these paths are doing that, so it stands to reason that their followers would do the same. I think it's all a set-up, meant to keep us from unifying as we should be doing.

We need one of those leaders to take a stand, lead the way, proving that these great gifts bestowed upon us ... our Spirituality ... should not be used as weapons against our own selves and people. What we see manifesting itself is some other people's plan for Spirituality / Religion, not ours. We need Sisters and Brothers / Leaders, that will make it all plain, so that even the least of us (me) can understand.

Unfortunately though, it is more financially lucrative for the leaders to keep as many confused as possible - struggling to understand, than making the way plain.

Even yoga, as you say, could be considered occult ... ?? ... I am hoping that you might have suggested that, for you used some terms i'm not familiar with, but will be trying to learn! :) ... I bet it's a gazillion people that have been taught to be afraid of the occult, while on the next hand, encouraged to partake in it, unbeknownst to them. That's kraziness. That's confusion. That is not us.

In my initial post, I made mention of a previous discussion that spoke to this topic. I went back and found it. Brother Belsidus shared much with me / us in this thread, Collective Benefits of Being Demonic, but this quote speaks specifically to this topic :

Greetings Sister Destee,

You're spitting fire. You present very sound reasoning. People are indeed a reflection of the system they practice. Now here's a question. Which system is being practiced? Are the persons in question a representative of that system? Here's the issue. The occult, at least how it's being presented on the boards, seem to be one system such as Christianity. The occult however is a very BIG tent as it's true meaning relates more to esoteric spiritual practices. Do you know about the Christian occult practices otherwise known as Gnosticism? How about the occult side of Islam called Sufism? Of course, the Jews have Kabballah. There are hundreds possibly thousands of occult systems. Some may be practiced by large societies, while other may exist as a family tradition only passed to blood relatives. Some are relatively well-known while the one I practice is still in a stage of being formalized. Some are considered "Light" while others are considered "Dark".

In order to judge whether someone is representative of any particular system one has to know that system. Behavior which the average person considers "deviant" may be considered perfectly normal and desirable in some systems. For example, there is a growing Vampire subculture. Just google "Vampire" and "Subculture". There are people out there who have created a society based on drinking blood and thinking they are draining energy from a person. They even have a church. It may be prefectly normal for them to walk around thinking they are draining someone's energy and they would support each other in this behavior regardless of what you and I may think about it. As a side note these role players would be quite afraid if they knew what was REALLY out there. Some "occultists" would be just as scared.

But I digress.

I'm not sure about the incident that inspired this thread but I will say this. Ask questions and explore all sides of the issue. Let me share a story with you. Years ago I used to post on another message board under a different name. Now there was straight up psychic warfare on this board because the Christians used to attack the non-Christians particularly those they called "Khemets" with a nasty, extremely vicious intensity.

Then the "Khemets" started fighting back, using ALL weapons at their disposal. When the Khemets started getting the upper hand, the Christians started complaining to the website administrators which resulted in a prominent ""Khemet" being banned. Fortunately there were some fair-minded Christians who stepped in and said, "Hold up now. The Khemets didn't start this and have repeatedly asked for peace." The administrators had only seen one side of the story.

I shared this to give you something to think about.

I leave you with this suggestion. Learn more about different sytems. You can start with Gnostic Christianity which I think would be a good path in general for Africa-Americans since we know some of us ain't giving their Jesus.

Peace,
Belsidus

I will continue to find and post other references that speak to this topic, as I hope you all will do.

Thanks Again Brother Afrodaze1 ... :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Thank You Brother Afrodaze1 ... so good to have you back in the house, and to be sharing in discussion with you again ... :love:

Yes, absolutely your insight helps. Thank You! Since posting this in June, I've run into quite a few pieces of persuading evidence, suggesting that Christianity and Islam are not far from the Occult. Not even a stone's throw away. In spite of this though, they are all used to keep us divided, when in reality, there is very little division at all. We will fight and attack each other over what amounts to be, stumbling blocks intentionally set before us. The leaders of these paths are doing that, so it stands to reason that their followers would do the same. I think it's all a set-up, meant to keep us from unifying as we should be doing.

We need one of those leaders to take a stand, lead the way, proving that these great gifts bestowed upon us ... our Spirituality ... should not be used as weapons against our own selves and people. What we see manifesting itself is some other people's plan for Spirituality / Religion, not ours. We need Sisters and Brothers / Leaders, that will make it all plain, so that even the least of us (me) can understand.

Unfortunately though, it is more financially lucrative for the leaders to keep as many confused as possible - struggling to understand, than making the way plain.

Even yoga, as you say, could be considered occult ... ?? ... I am hoping that you might have suggested that, for you used some terms i'm not familiar with, but will be trying to learn! :) ... I bet it's a gazillion people that have been taught to be afraid of the occult, while on the next hand, encouraged to partake in it, unbeknownst to them. That's kraziness. That's confusion. That is not us.

In my initial post, I made mention of a previous discussion that spoke to this topic. I went back and found it. Brother Belsidus shared much with me / us in this thread, Collective Benefits of Being Demonic, but this quote speaks specifically to this topic :

I will continue to find and post other references that speak to this topic, as I hope you all will do.

Thanks Again Brother Afrodaze1 ... :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Thank you so much, Sistah Destee for these beautiful and uplifting words. That's one of the reasons why I continue to come back to this forum. The atmosphere on here is truly like family, where there is agreement and good times and sometimes disagreements and arguments...just like in any family. Out of all the sites and whatnot I've been on and seen, this one has the most relevant and knowledge laden posts and discussions. I see this being a true force of change for our people and am spreading the word about Destee.

SHAPE SHIFTERS

THE OCCULT. SHAPESHIFTERS. FALSE RELIGIOUS CAMOUFLAGED TO SEEM RELIGIOUS. DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING MIGHT HAVE BEEN CALLED BY GOD TO PREACH EVERY ONE ELSE IS A MONEY GREED CONTROLLED PREACHER, .PROFIT PROPHETS.CAN THEY PREACH WITHOUT TAKING UP A COLLECTION..MINISTER FARRAKHAN THE ONLY ONE WHO SPEAKS ABOUT BLACK SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back