Black Spirituality Religion : What Falls Under the Occult Umbrella ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I would not have counted telepathy, as the occult, had i not seen them put together in this post, shared here recently.

This really opened the door in my mind, regarding the occult, and what all it comprises. It seems to be quite vast. I remember having a discussion about this before, here in the community, and will try to find that thread and link it here. But no matter, maybe those who are knowledgeable in the occult, will share with us, those things that actually come under the occult umbrella.

Okay ... so Telepathy is under the occult umbrella ... (??) ... right?

What else falls under this umbrella?

We problee got folk doing occult things, and they don't even know it's occult!

I bet there are aspects of Christianity and Islam, that might fall under the occult umbrella! :eeek:

Looking forward to all that's shared! :grouphug:

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. Afrodaze1

Afrodaze1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52
    Peace Sistah Destee....It's true that MANY aspects of christianity and Islam fall under the occult umbrella. In fact it's really a traditional practice to have what we call "outer circle" and "inner circle" teachings and practices. These are found in just about every "religion" from christianity to buddhism. The outer circle stuff would be the moral precepts, hygiene practices, etc. The inner circle stuff tends to reveal the "hidden" or "occult" aspects of the outer circle stuff. For example, watching some friends perform salat (islamic prayer) I noticed that the body movements were very similar to some yoga poses. After doing more research (both academically and experientially) I found that the poses do have the same effect as yoga poses. Then I found this: "One of the most obvious correspondences between Islam and hatha yoga is the resemblance of salât to the physical exercises of yoga âsanas. An Indian Muslim author, Ashraf F. Nizami, noted this in his book Namaz, the Yoga of Islam (Bombay: D.B. Taraporevala, 1977). The root meaning of the word salât is 'to bend the lower back', as in hatha yoga; the Persians translated this concept with the word namâz, from a verbal root meaning 'to bow', etymologically related to the Sanskrit word namaste. The thousands of postures and variations known to hatha yoga can be classified into a few basic types, including standing postures, spinal stretches, inverted postures, seated postures, and spinal twists. The genius of Islamic salât is to incorporate all of these in rudimentary form into a compact, flowing sequence, ensuring a thorough, all-round course of exercises for good health that is easy for everyone to practice."

I know that this is not comprehensive, but I hope it helps.

P.E.A.C.E.:fyi:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank You Brother Afrodaze1 ... so good to have you back in the house, and to be sharing in discussion with you again ... :love:

Yes, absolutely your insight helps. Thank You! Since posting this in June, I've run into quite a few pieces of persuading evidence, suggesting that Christianity and Islam are not far from the Occult. Not even a stone's throw away. In spite of this though, they are all used to keep us divided, when in reality, there is very little division at all. We will fight and attack each other over what amounts to be, stumbling blocks intentionally set before us. The leaders of these paths are doing that, so it stands to reason that their followers would do the same. I think it's all a set-up, meant to keep us from unifying as we should be doing.

We need one of those leaders to take a stand, lead the way, proving that these great gifts bestowed upon us ... our Spirituality ... should not be used as weapons against our own selves and people. What we see manifesting itself is some other people's plan for Spirituality / Religion, not ours. We need Sisters and Brothers / Leaders, that will make it all plain, so that even the least of us (me) can understand.

Unfortunately though, it is more financially lucrative for the leaders to keep as many confused as possible - struggling to understand, than making the way plain.

Even yoga, as you say, could be considered occult ... ?? ... I am hoping that you might have suggested that, for you used some terms i'm not familiar with, but will be trying to learn! :) ... I bet it's a gazillion people that have been taught to be afraid of the occult, while on the next hand, encouraged to partake in it, unbeknownst to them. That's kraziness. That's confusion. That is not us.

In my initial post, I made mention of a previous discussion that spoke to this topic. I went back and found it. Brother Belsidus shared much with me / us in this thread, Collective Benefits of Being Demonic, but this quote speaks specifically to this topic :

I will continue to find and post other references that speak to this topic, as I hope you all will do.

Thanks Again Brother Afrodaze1 ... :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. Afrodaze1

Afrodaze1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +52
    Thank you so much, Sistah Destee for these beautiful and uplifting words. That's one of the reasons why I continue to come back to this forum. The atmosphere on here is truly like family, where there is agreement and good times and sometimes disagreements and arguments...just like in any family. Out of all the sites and whatnot I've been on and seen, this one has the most relevant and knowledge laden posts and discussions. I see this being a true force of change for our people and am spreading the word about Destee.

5. JAMES MAYBERRY

JAMES MAYBERRY New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    SHAPE SHIFTERS

THE OCCULT. SHAPESHIFTERS. FALSE RELIGIOUS CAMOUFLAGED TO SEEM RELIGIOUS. DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING MIGHT HAVE BEEN CALLED BY GOD TO PREACH EVERY ONE ELSE IS A MONEY GREED CONTROLLED PREACHER, .PROFIT PROPHETS.CAN THEY PREACH WITHOUT TAKING UP A COLLECTION..MINISTER FARRAKHAN THE ONLY ONE WHO SPEAKS ABOUT BLACK SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION...

6. umbrarchist

umbrarchist Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +100
    Enoch and the Ethiopian Bible

It is curious that Black Americans are not interested in the Ethiopian Bible.

www (dot) quantumcritics (dot) com/20080302438/miscellaneous/general/star-trek-meets-the-bible.html

The White Christians don't tell us about the Book of Enoch and the Secrets of Enoch.

Has the Catholic Church been lying to all of the White Christians for centuries.

umbra

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
  8. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565

ooowweee! Christians and Muslims into devil worshippin!
    Wonder what Jesus and Muhammad would say about that :whip: :)

GET BACK YE DEBBILS! GET BACK! :em2300:

But it's true that a lot of main religions participate in occult practices and don't even know that it is occult. At the very least, prayer is incantation, and in the holy roller churches where they 'speak in tongues' and become possessed with the holy spirit or holy ghost - they are invoking the spirit... same as they do in voudoun... but main religions speak against voudoun as devil worship.

Many puritanical christians murdered hundreds and women and some men and and jailed children for years for so-called occult practices... even tho they used that same practices and the women to help cure themselves and any ailment that ailed them... most times better than the physician did. Women were closer to the earth and therefore closer to herbs and root work and knew what worked on many an ailment. They passed their skills down to the next generations, often to the girls. When their skills and reputations became greater than that of men :rolleyes: (the physicians were often male) and competed with them... well the women, the children, and some of the men stood accused and had to reprimanded in the harshest of ways.

All the occult is 'secret' and it means 'not known to you' or readily apparent to logic or the senses. It's like knowing there is a magnetic field around - but yet most people can't feel it, can't see it, can't hear it, can't taste it, and can't touch it. Yet... it flows and ebbs, changes and gets stronger with the moon and the sun, affects ocean waves, our own auric fields, among other things. You try to understand it through science and logic... but that can only explain so much and often can't explain enough.

As an atheist, that means I have no belief in god or a grand designer, but I do believe in the occult. I believe in what I can see, what can measured, what can be logically explained, what can be examined. But I also believe there is much more that science hasn't yet covered or found out about.... and maybe one day we will. In the meantime, there are things beyond science - the metaphysical (beyond the physical) that I seek to understand and perhaps control in my own small and mundane way. That is the occult.

When you pray and ask your god for understanding, forgiveness, or some physical or material thing... you are seeking an understanding and trying to control a thing in your own small ordinary and mundane way by doing these incantations... what you call prayer. You are seeking to make a small change in yourself or the world and hope the gods (your god) will assist you in that quest. It's the same thing one does when the speak to the Orishas, or to the Lord and Lady, or to Tasmat, Krishna, Jesus, Allah, Buddha or whatever god you pray too.

Funny thang... a lot of old Christian wives tells are really tales of the occult. I don't deal too much with them or in them, so I often dismiss them. But christians... they create potions. They call it toddies and teas and herbal remedies... but they are potions.

They say things like... don't bury a picture of a living person or they disappear (I'm assuming that means die). Ofcourse they knew about the blood and spaghetti sauce. Everyone has heard about don't break a mirror because of bad luck... that's an occult practice. I don't know what it originally meant.... but I think it has something to do with believing that mirror images are the doorways to alternative worlds..... or that they reflect the TRUE you, and not the 'fake' you that you try to represent to the world. Mirrors are often used in occult.. such as scrying mirrors - to get a true vision of who you are.

They burn their hair..... because they believe you can get a headache if a bird takes it and makes a nest of it. But a piece or lock of hair is often the thing used in spells and curses against a person to make them ill (such as the headache)... and that's the real belief about burning the hair.

Christianity itself was a takeover and incorporation of pagan and occult themes and practices... so why they are against them and think they are immune to occult practices and beyond me.

And the muslims and jews practice the occult too. On a broader scale, the Jews have the Kabbalah. I have no idea what they do on a smaller scale.

I heard tell the Muslims have a book like the Kabbalah, but I'm unfamiliar with it.

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    When Freemasons travelling in the Moorish lands encountered Sufis, the mystics of Islam, they soon recognised a common bond. “Sufi-ism,” said Sir Richard Burton, was “the Eastern parent of Freemasonry.” John Porter Brown, an American diplomat in Turkey in the mid 1800s, was a Freemason who wrote sympathetically of the Sufi path. In The Darvishes, he admits finding it “rather strange that the Dervishes of the Bektashi Order consider themselves quite the same as the Freemasons, and are disposed to fraternize with them.” Brown commented how in Turkey Freemasonry had come to be generally regarded as “atheism of the most condemnable character.” A position not unlike the one held by Papus, the celebrated French occultist and Gnostic bishop, who tried to counter the Masonic lodges which, he believed, were in the service of British imperialism and the international financial syndicates. Papus also viewed Freemasonry as a diabolical perversion of the ancient secret tradition and atheistic at heart.
    http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/Masons and the Moors.html

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    The founders of the American republic, as high-degree Freemasons, were aware of the importance of Moorish wisdom and culture to the birth of Western civilisation. This may explain why Morocco was the first nation in history to recognise the United States, and what’s really behind the story of George Washington being presented with a Moorish flag. Some researchers believe this flag consisted of a red background with a green five-pointed star in the centre of it. The star or pentagram, which the Moors called the Seal of Sulaiyman and coloured green to honour Islam, also figures prominently in Masonic art and architecture. The layout of the city of Washington D.C. – designed by Freemasons – incorporates the pentagram.