Black Spirituality Religion : what exactly is wrong with polytheism?

Nothing. It is just an excuse for the psychologically maladapted to assert control. Furthermore, I have found that the people that have issues with polytheism are often the largest threats to civilized thought. These folks are so neurotic, that they cannot understand anything about God that isn't in their narrow field of view. This neurosis makes them even falsely label our ancestors as "polytheist" and all kinds of nonsense. Even if they were, so what? It should tell you how weak someone's god is if they must evangelize the whole world in order for it to exist. God as I know it simply is whether I tell you about it or not.

There you go, Shemsi.

The dichotomy between polytheism and monotheism is basically a war of words. The god of the so-called polytheist is actually one God who is just so big that a single name is insufficient to discribe all that he means to each of us. This frees the masses of the people to understand the Creator as he manifests himself to each individual

The monotheist says that the polytheists worship rocks. He does not understand that we worship not the rock but the attribute of the ALL manifest in the characteristics of the rock. So while the monotheist ridicules polytheism as primitive it is actually far more advanced in its ability to conceptualize the oneness of the created universe. In truth we are not polytheists--we are syntheists.

Other than it being just another Greco-Roman label, etymologically created by Greeks who simply could not fathom the African concept of Divinity, so they created archaic notions (along with Monotheism) to define that which they lacked the ability to comprehend.............?

Other than that, nothing. :D

Monotheism and Polytheism does not apply to esoteric systems, such as ATR's and other cosmological systems of spiritual development.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back