Black People : What exactly is respect?

I always think the trouble with love is that you've got one word that means so many different things...
Like...
I love banana milkshake - really meaning in my case I just like it.
I love music - meaning for me its something that effects me deep down, filling a deep seated need within me
I love my parents - I honor and respect them and am greatful for all they do for me and I try to look after them, make them happy etc etc
I love a guy - to me more than just lust after a hot bod or whatever, but a way different feeling to all the above ones - almost like a melting into... no its no good I can't really explain the last one...
Anyways you see the problem - we need more words to describe these different feelings/emotions.

Right now I would say that to respect someone is to hold them in high esteem. Would you agree or disagree with this and why? What is the difference between love and respect? Would you say that respect is intellectual and love is emotional?

Respect is realizing the God in each person, and it is a natural subconscious instinct,

however how much one respects others, it is not always reciprocal in urban and mechanized societies, therefore folks must use logic and law to demand respect.

Black folks in Africa and the US are disrespected by the minute by corporate interests and numerous think tanks,

since we have not used logic, and the law that allows us to unify our dollars to either boycott those who disrespect us ,
or form our own self sufficiency to demand our respect, as Elijah Muhammed mentioned.

I always think the trouble with love is that you've got one word that means so many different things...
Like...
I love banana milkshake - really meaning in my case I just like it.
I love music - meaning for me its something that effects me deep down, filling a deep seated need within me
I love my parents - I honor and respect them and am greatful for all they do for me and I try to look after them, make them happy etc etc
I love a guy - to me more than just lust after a hot bod or whatever, but a way different feeling to all the above ones - almost like a melting into... no its no good I can't really explain the last one...
Anyways you see the problem - we need more words to describe these different feelings/emotions.

great points

Love in essence is not the problem per say

The actual "word" Love is just an "expression" as you say

In fact, all "language" is symbol, and means of communication

The actual "action" of Love is the transfer of ur energy (light) to object

In the example "I love milkshakes"

U as the "initiator" of the love are aware that you are expressing that u just happen to really like milk shakes, and that makes your "intent" and "understanding" conscious of what YOU are expressing

It's the "intent" that you express that will never actually take the "form" of a word....

We can always form language and different way to express what we "feel", but the actually action of transferring energy to "objects" is done by "intentions"

AND THE I LOVE A GUY

I love a "guy" also, and my intent behind this is to transfer my "unconditional love" to his being, give and receive "light"

Lust (hot bod), which is a lessor "form" of love is activated upon "transfer" because the "elements" that "form" the body are object of lust

Lust is a "natural" response of the "body", and "love" is a deep "thirst" of the spirit

Both are valid, and it is the application or perception of these "words" that forms the opinion of the mind that is experiencing such symbols

I ALSO "LOVE" MY PARENTS

But I do not "honor" nor "respect" them

I chose to "experience" them, and transfer no "energy" to their particular "causes"

I just Am not passionate about what they were passionate about

In other words, the seeds that they planted did not prosper

parents are the first physical teachers, so in essence I don't reject my physical parents, they have my utmost compassion, however, they only taught me what the world dictated to them, and "died" before they actually "found" themselves

Should they have an opportunity to do it all again

no, because they would do the same

This is a painful truth, but faith in man, is like faith in illusion

it seems good

Right now I would say that to respect someone is to hold them in high esteem. Would you agree or disagree with this and why? What is the difference between love and respect? Would you say that respect is intellectual and love is emotional?

Culturally speaking Yes I would agree with your definition of love vs respect.

Where I'm from, you don't have to love someone but you are required to respect them..or show respect even if you don't really respect them.

I think we are conditioned to show more love to children than we do adults, and show more respect than love for adults than we do children.

I tend to think and act the opposite. I give children more respect than i do adults..that is, I hold them(children) 'in high esteem'' I train myself to feel more love for adults than children, otherwise in my line of work i would :whip::whip::whip: and :court::court::court::court: most adults if i didn't love them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back