Black Entertainment : What Ever Happened to Hip-Hop?

The reason why I started this thread was because I was actually on some site that was talking about this euro garbage rapping white chick...and all these black folks was talking about how great she was...So I decided to check out what all the hoop-la was about and Youtube'd her.
I lost 60 seconds of my life that I will regrettably never get back...and then a little piece of my soul died...
And anyways, I'm a huge Nas fan (at least I think I am...or was) and in this article was Nas partying with the white woman "rapper"...And he had one of those confederate soldier hats on...

Anyways here is the picture.

1370958295822b2c68d1.jpg

Then I said.....But Nas?? What about this song?? Did you have a hand in killing hip-hop?

PBS did an excellent documentary on Hip Hop. It was done on their Independent Lens series. I posted it somewhere here. I think in the entertainment forum.

As was stated earlier, the genre started on the streets. While it started making money, white corporate took it over and forced anyone that wanted to make money to make stereotyped trash. Thus the myth that you don't need some semblance of an education to do it successfully. They did the same thing to it, they tried to do the R&B. Like today, only white artists here are putting our R&B successfully. This is our fault. Because we, largely the young, bought this garbage. However, in that the largest consumer of hip hop are white kids, this was easy to do. Moreover, we bootleg many of our own artists to death. So, they are forced to toe the corporate line to make money. The street has to take our genres back. Else, like jazz, blues and rock and roll, it will be stolen from us

You make a good point. Scott La Rock situation was terrible. But remember in 1986 rap was still fairly commercially new and didn't have the anger stigma attached yet.

Yeah bro. Of course you right. I was just taking digs and at the same time remembered that name.

I agree with about 100% of the video that I watched. I hated that Lollipop joint when it came out as I spent a lot of time on the road then and from ATL to Vegas it dominated the airwaves until I finally got to Vegas and heard some PAC.

The kulture changed. From the message to the bling. But the video lost me because look how Kanye got turned out and became Kimye. Smh....

The reason why I started this thread was because I was actually on some site that was talking about this euro garbage rapping white chick...and all these black folks was talking about how great she was...So I decided to check out what all the hoop-la was about and Youtube'd her.
I lost 60 seconds of my life that I will regrettably never get back...and then a little piece of my soul died...
And anyways, I'm a huge Nas fan (at least I think I am...or was) and in this article was Nas partying with the white woman "rapper"...And he had one of those confederate soldier hats on...

Anyways here is the picture.

1370958295822b2c68d1.jpg

Then I said.....But Nas?? What about this song?? Did you have a hand in killing hip-hop?

Is that Iggy A or another one?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iggy_Azalea

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back