Black Spirituality Religion : What does your religion do for Black People?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Knowledge Seed, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    What solutions does your religion provide for Black? And how is it going to help us?

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace fam.

Why the interrogation, Brother?

I am certain a man like yourself by now knows that jumping out with questions like that often leave people skeptical and reserved in responding truthfully.

Bring some food to the table, not just your plate.

One.

- Ikoro

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    THANATOS!!!

HMMMMMMMMM... NOTHING!!!!!!!

BABA DARKSIDE ---- THE RELIGION SNIPER!!!!!

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Essentially, what this thread is about, is showing who are the liberators and who are the fakers.

We spend night and day on this forum discussing religion, KMT, occultism and many other topics of nonsense.

What has any of that done for us?

5. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    [email protected] Nice.

A.

6. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Christianity offers a set of principles which, which if lived by they are universal in their provisions of freedom and abundant life.

The principles of Christianity offer practical solutions to lifes day to day challenges. As an example:

If followed, these principles offer protection from broken families, teenage pregnancy, drug use, sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS, financial problems, unemployment, unnecessary health issues, etc. etc. etc.

This is not some hyperspiritual "name it and claim it" or "health and wealth" philosophy. This is practical principles that offer practical solutions to lifes challenges.

This is not a black thing or a white thing, it is a human kind thing. For those who are true to the principles, it is abundant life, for those who claim to be, but are not, it offers little to nothing.

Hopefully you are not in this for an argument. If you would like to talk specifics, I would love to. If you would like to question my statement, feel free to do so....I am wide open for a practical discussion, but slam shut for an arguement.

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Yes, lets talk specifics. I'd appreciate it if you show the Bible verses and the principles the particular verse advocates.

8. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    I mentioned a lot of problems/issues so obviously there are a LOT of verses that deal with each of these things....I don't want to just go off into the winds so give me a specific one you would like to look into.

But, I will lead with one...if you have something different in mind, just let me know.

I mentioned HIV/AIDS...a very practical problem. Now, for those who are true to Christian principles/doctrine it is virtually a NON-ISSUE. My wife and I believe the Bible and abide by its teachings as closely as we can (we are not perfect, but insomuch as we are true to them we know we are protected from the potential consequences of disobedience) Obedience to these principles also protect against teenage pregnancy, other sexually transmitted diseases, the cause of many broken homes, out of wedlock childbirth, fatherless homes, and a host of other social problems we see disproportionately represented in our community.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

9. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but for the sake of clearification, I will provide this definition:
    Fornication - voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.

Christian doctrine is VERY CLEAR on this issue. So, what can Christian doctrin do for "Blacks"? It can do a LOT if followed...but not very much for those who "Play" chruch. Adherence to Christain doctrine could rid the Black community fo HIV/AIDS, fatherless homes, sexually transmitted diseases, etc. On the other hand, saying you are a "Christian", but not LIVING it offers no protection at all....there simply is no blessing in disobedience.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
    Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
    Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Truth!

Good job Bro. excel10k, though crew:)