Black People : What Does Unity Require ?

Must we all think the same, to realize unity?

• Total voters
uplift19 said:
I think unity does require us to think alike. We have to think alike on whatever principle we are organizing around.

If we differ on something and there is not consensus, how can we possibly unite around that goal/issue/understanding/etc.?

When we try to unite and ignore our differences, we often get stagnant because we end up passively fighting for our points of view by being non-responsive to the points that we don't agree on. Stagnation to me is not unity, because I see no value in being unified to do nothing.

At some point we are going to have to pretend we are a jury and have a closed door session to argue all the valid points. Ultimately there must be agreement, and everyone has to agree on one thing. Sure, there are different ways of getting the same thing accomplished, but there must be a uniting principle otherwise we'll continue to be disjointed (hung jury).

Sister uplift it's good to read you again.

I agree with your post in that we must have unity in whatever principle we are organizing around.

What are your thoughts about organizing around identity?

It is one of the key points from Metasaience's recent threads.

Can we @least establish a unifying concept of identity enabling a substantial group of us to build together?

Destee said:
Hello Family,

Is it necessary for us to all think the same, in order to realize unity?

Please vote in the poll above, and leave your comments below.

What does unity require?

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Perhaps I was wrong in my vote.

I think unity can be

aquired if we love ourself first and respect ourself first and offer that same love and respect to everyone you cross paths with almost with an unsaid demand for love and respect.

funny i was playin checkers today with my brother....

and something in me said instead of sacraficing any checkers lemme see it I can win without doing that...

he must have had the same idea....

so we got stuck in grid lock.. no one could move anywhere... no checker was off the board... we were equal.... and he was my brother...

he said u wanna run it back...

i said not today..... no sacrafices is looking kinda oight..... no one was king'd.... no one was off the board......

i was feelin that.......... no winner no loser... both of us black playin fair and accepting enough for everyone and not everything or everyone for themselves........

it worked cause we both quit at the same time.... and left with all of our checkers...

Hello Family,

Is it necessary for us to all think the same, in order to realize unity?

Please vote in the poll above, and leave your comments below.

What does unity require?

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

No, I don't think we all have to think the same to realize unity.

IMO, common goals for the betterment of our communities and families should supercede our differences elsewhere.

For example, if a Black community, in the same week/month/year, has funerals for a Christian child, a Muslim child, a Rastafarian child etc.., ALL killed by Black crime, drive-by shootings, etc.. the religious beliefs of their grieving families shouldn't prevent them from uniting in a common goal to cleanse and heal their streets.

So, no, we don't all have to think the same in order to protect and defend our communities.

In the 60s, the "Deacons For Defense And Justice" organized to protect their communities from the KKK; but, today, we can't/won't unite to defend our own even from our own.

What Does Unity Require?

MA`AT HOTEP

Unity...what is unity for blacks? We know that our ancestors experienced Unity, harmony, respect, love, protection and spiritual growth...because they left the Proof...in fact they are the only ones on the planet to prove and leave the oldest examples of true and real Unity. So...today...why do we think that we have to guess or make up something new to find out what unity is? The answer is...we have lost unity and can't find it until we (Black People)...wake up!

We already have the Code for Human Behavior set in the Book of Devine Ordinances given to us by the Creator who created Us. If we don't know what that is and don't know ware to find it...we should at least try to think for our selves long enough to find what we are seeking...that is if...we are seeking anything in truth.

It is totally and absolutely impossible for us (Black People) to ever find Unity with what we have been given (the mind of the oppressor)...Bible, Qu`ran, Bagivod-Gita etc...and only after we met our collective destruction by the same people who turn around and gave us (Black People) their so-called Holy Books...full of stories about them (Whites) and if there were anything so-called African in them before...the Color of their skin was changed to white...first...before we even learn to read the mythical distortions of false images of divine white supremacy's need to control our collective Black Minds...through that so-called Holy Books.

How can we find unity when there is no unity in the world except in the concerted investment and efforts that are used agents black people by those who control the tourist trade to their white cities to prove their (myths) stories true by displaying false images of divine for us to make a so-called holy pilgrimage to??

Any so-called Holy Book that puts the black woman in a inferior position...is False!! Any so-called holy book that expounds on the provisions that are placed in them for the oppression and enslavement of black people...is False.
Any so-called Holy Book that tells us that all of the major figures concerning it must be and are all white except for maybe one...is False! You can not separate Religion from the State business unless it is something also made to control people...as it does.

If you or any one else can't find Unity in the Church, Schools, University, Collages, work place, mosque, temples, politics or the World,...then there is no Unity to be found under the system of white supremacy for any Black Persons ever. Whites have Unity...only agents Black People...other than that they are at War with them selves at all times through out history!!

We can not and will not know what unity is until we break away from all of their False ideas of political correctness and illusion...that we foolishly think...when we look at them......Wow! They must know what they are talking about!! They don't know what they are talking about...and if they did...why would they tell you?

Unity is our own concern and we will have to sooner than later...find it for our selves. Know that they (whites) will rise up to try and kill any real efforts that We make towards a real Unity. What Unity Requires.

1. Unity is our Collective Birth Right!

2. Unity requires us to "First" know who we are and others.

3. Unity requires us to wake up to the Truth.

4. Unity requires us to learn the most basic skills in what it means to be Human.

5. Unity requires us to break all the Rules set forth by this system of white supremacy...All of them. For every thing is set up with all the red tape to keep and prevent this from happening. If we experienced Unity...the Government would Shut Down...because of it.

Unity sounds like a good thing...but we have bought into the white ideas to the point that we can't see reality with out using what they gave us to compare and see withy. White folks are not included in Black peoples Unity! The ancestors didn't need them...so why do you now think that you can't do with out them??

Lastly...Unity Requires a person to at least be in their Right Frame of Mind...First. Where will we find the right frame of mind when we don't have it now or ever will under the ... system of so-called white supremacy...the main reason and "Device" that is used to prevent us from ever coming together in Black Unity that is the same as your black Liberation from them.

The answers to the question are above...but will you except what is absolutely the Truth.

Ase`

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back