Black People : What Does Unity Require ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Feb 11, 2006.

?

Must we all think the same, to realize unity?

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.3%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

Is it necessary for us to all think the same, in order to realize unity?

Please vote in the poll above, and leave your comments below.

What does unity require?

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,736
    but we do have to stop hating on each other so much.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    My .02........

"What Does Unity Require ?"

I believe in order for unity to be established, we, en masse, must come to a common understanding of the underlying issues that would cause such dis-unity among us as a race. Unity is the norm, especially while living amidst a world where color does matter, despite all the propoganda. Once we reach an agreement of sorts, we can then begin to focus on how to deter a lot of the negative and divisive traits we failed to shake long ago.

4. brother Malik

brother Malik Well-Known Member MEMBER

Data Analyst (software)
    Ratings:
    +5
    Good question

Destee you're stretching my pea brain with these hard questions. It is a tremendously important question that will have to be addressed as we seek to create the system of world-wide Black self-determination. World-wide, Black, self-determination is just one way to describe a goal I think we all share.

I voted no. It is not necesary for all of us to think the same way to realize unity.
    Destee will ask: Brother Malik, why do you feel that way?
    Malik answers: When combined, different ways of thinking tend to acheive balanced conclusions.

I guess that unity requires the ability to be able to agree that there is something that needs to be agreed upon. In other words, can we first agree, that we need to agree. (hmmm...this is a hard question) Then we have to decide, that based on the fact that we do need to agree, are we willing to engage in a process to facilitate agreement. And on, and on... Unity requires structure, clarity, honesty, wisdom. I guess if I had to suggest a system on which to facilitate Black unity, I would choose the representative, one person-one vote system, similar to what we have in AmeriKKKa. But in my system, I would have to remove all the incentives for representatives to do or say anything other than represent the wishes of their constituents.

My pea brain is hurting because I feel like I'm gonna write a book trying to answer this question. It's a lot to think about. Let me phone my publisher and I'll get back to you. I need help from the family on this.

Malik

5. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Unity, IMO, requires flexibility, willingness to compromise, respect for the other person's opinions, and not just tolerance but acceptance of the other person as being just as valid as we are. If I really believe that my fate is your fate, as some say that Blacks should think, then I'm going to be willing to compromise so that we can get along, communicate well, and strategize to succeed.

I'm only willing to do that if the next Black person is willing to do that too, because it does little good for me to be flexible, willing to compromise and respect the next Black person, if they're going to be rigid, uncompromising, disrespectful, intolerant, and unaccepting of me and my opinions. I will work hard to get along with any person, Black ,white or in between if they are willing to work hard to get along with me. If not, then, I don't want to associate with them at all because we will constantly fight.

I think this is why some Black people don't want to be around each other. They don't see that the other person is mature enough, willing, or even capable of putting forth the effort to have unity.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What Does Unity Require?

Common Goals, Objectives and Plan of Action..

7. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    We are different and we are the Same*

Hotep

We are the "Same" people (African) but...we are "Different" and it is not a reality that we are going to think exactly the same all the time...however, your and my ancient ancestors must have been thinking the same when they constructed the "Pyrimids and Spinx" or else...how could they do it? Organization "is" people...coming together who look different have different finger prints and levels of understanding, skill, strenths etc...but purenes of heart and dedication to the "Truth" with a collective spirit of vision for self determination will show "Us" that..."We have more in common than we don't have in common"*

Ase`

Note: See photo above...I am one in a "Million"...as we are different we are "More" the "Same"*

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Personally, I would have put a 'sort of' option in the poll....we don't have to think EXACTLY alike, but we definitely DO need to have the bottom line in common.

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Obviously no two people think exactly alike, but before we come together, we need to determine what are we coming together for, and what do we wish to accomplish.

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    2b honestly blunt.. No..
    unity requires something that all persons involved can see a direct benifit for themselves. For example.... if by being united.. imma get a raise at work.. or have this super power within this network of united ppl.. (like the Masons) then unity can be done..
    but i think each person has to see a direct benifit in their personal lives to even consider unity.
    goes back to that.. if it dosent benifit me.. then why bother?