The Front Porch : What Does This Community Mean To You?

What Does This Community Mean To You?

• a lot

Votes: 59 81.9%
  • a little

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • nothing at all

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Akilah said:
In light of recent forum events, I think folk really need to re-evaluate this question. Personally, this community really means a lot to me; if it didn't I wouldn't be a paying member. How about it bruthas & sistahs ....what DOES this community and the peace therein REALLY mean to YOU ??? What are you willing to do or discontinue doing in order to keep this a happy home for everyone ??? Is your ego or need to ALWAYS be right worth more to you than the peace and harmony of this beautifilled community ???

Wishing Everyone
Much Peace ~

I agree sister Akilah, your bringing this up is quite timely. I have always been a supporter of this community. I was one of the original members, who thought quite highly of it in the beginning. Overtime my attachment to this community has grown. There have been many who feel the same, and added to what makes this place special. Unfortunately there have been some who try to tear down what we have. We have survived attempts to do this in the past, and will continue to do so.

I totally agree with brother Panafrica , this has been a love of mines from start
and i too have become more deeper with this community , from past pain we
have always weather the storms and we shall continue , it's not the community
but what's inside the community that makes the differents this the place to be
and we all know it just don't show it because what i feel is self hate or a agent
of none supporter and destroyer , we shall rise higher as we always do ..........

PEACE is something we haven't adapt to well because how divided we are
many feel right on issues yet won't allow the next statement to hold any truth
working together is the key to unify structure so whatever it takes i shall do
to bring this to a united bond as black people in a community without debate.

DESTEE.COM is a Dream come true for me and i treasure it to the fullest.

It Means Everything/Tomorrow/NOW to Me

to me, it means that there is hope that Africa can grow together.

to me, it means a place where African Healing can Exist, be Shared and Grown.

to me, it means the possibility of Growth, Unity, Beauty and Healing for all of Africa.

to me, it means encountering Africans with which i have finally found some small bit of commonality:
computer usage in a social setting, rather than just business settings.

to me, it means a smile when i have sent off my $20 each month along with the rest of my bills.
imagine that; smiling while making out the bills!!

Support YourSelf by Supporting YOUR Community!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back