Black Relationships : What does real love mean to you?

asimplepoet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2006
Somewhere between paradise and diaster
Occupation
Teacher
Love is a word we throw at people so much that it has become second nature and done without any before thought, but True Love comes with a price. Before we continue to give so called packages of Love to people...let's make sure we are willing to pay the cost of it, because truthful.... we have been giving people boxes with nothing in them.

What does real love mean to you? And according your definition are you really loving your brother and sisters?

I love you Destee.com!

Love is a word we throw at people so much that it has become second nature and done without any before thought, but True Love comes with a price. Before we continue to give so called packages of Love to people...let's make sure we are willing to pay the cost of it, because truthful.... we have been giving people boxes with nothing in them.

What does real love mean to you? And according your definition are you really loving your brother and sisters?

Wow, keeping this sweet and simple will be a task *smile*.

There are different levels of love with Agape love being the highest. For instance, I love everyone in "this" community with the love of God. Meaning, my love for you is uninfluenced, it exists on its own and is unconditional. My kindness and efforts are offered to add to you, with nothing expected in return...I accept you with all of your flaws, because they are a part of what makes you who you are, and it makes what I offer relevant, because love wants to encourage you to be at your best, so it will tell you things you may not want to hear. So, flaws are really opportunities and not hinderances.

So when I say I love you asimplepoet, I'm saying whatever need you have, as long as I'm equipped to provide it, I will and will do it heartily. You don't have to do me any favors, like me, be kind to me, or qualify; my love exists all on its own.

Of course, there are different levels of love: emotional, mental, spiritual and physical.

Very good thread to start, it's the vein of our existance!

Wow, keeping this sweet and simple will be a task *smile*.

There are different levels of love with Agape love being the highest. For instance, I love everyone in "this" community with the love of God. Meaning, my love for you is uninfluenced, it exists on its own and is unconditional. My kindness and efforts are offered to add to you, with nothing expected in return...I accept you with all of your flaws, because they are a part of what makes you who you are, and it makes what I offer relevant, because love wants to encourage you to be at your best, so it will tell you things you may not want to hear. So, flaws are really opportunities and not hinderances.

So when I say I love you asimplepoet, I'm saying whatever need you have, as long as I'm equipped to provide it, I will and will do it heartily. You don't have to do me any favors, like me, be kind to me, or qualify; my love exists all on its own.

Of course, there are different levels of love: emotional, mental, spiritual and physical.

Very good thread to start, it's the vein of our existance!

i would disagree with agape love being the highest...that love in theory is not higher than the love btw humans...its only difference is that its coming from God...love is love period rather its God or humans Matthew 22:37-38 speaks of loving the lord & his people....this verse leads me to believe that even the love of the Lord in theory is on par with the love of humans....will humans ever truly comprehend the magnitude & extent..prolly not....but humans cant even comprehend their own love for a variety of things including others.

But love is an experience not simply an emotion that manifests itself on all levels

i would disagree with agape love being the highest...that love in theory is not higher than the love btw humans...its only difference is that its coming from God...love is love period rather its God or humans Matthew 22:37-38 speaks of loving the lord & his people....this verse leads me to believe that even the love of the Lord in theory is on par with the love of humans....will humans ever truly comprehend the magnitude & extent..prolly not....but humans cant even comprehend their own love for a variety of things including others.

But love is an experience not simply an emotion that manifests itself on all levels

I appreciate your input Mike. I admit, our views are different and that's quite alright. Since the sister asked what your definition of love is and if you're displaying it towards your brothas and sistas, I take this is your response.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back