Black Relationships : What does real love mean to you?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by asimplepoet, May 10, 2011.

1. asimplepoet

asimplepoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +229
    Love is a word we throw at people so much that it has become second nature and done without any before thought, but True Love comes with a price. Before we continue to give so called packages of Love to people...let's make sure we are willing to pay the cost of it, because truthful.... we have been giving people boxes with nothing in them.

What does real love mean to you? And according your definition are you really loving your brother and sisters?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I'll be back to express my thoughts..........

3. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    I love you Destee.com!

Wow, keeping this sweet and simple will be a task *smile*.

There are different levels of love with Agape love being the highest. For instance, I love everyone in "this" community with the love of God. Meaning, my love for you is uninfluenced, it exists on its own and is unconditional. My kindness and efforts are offered to add to you, with nothing expected in return...I accept you with all of your flaws, because they are a part of what makes you who you are, and it makes what I offer relevant, because love wants to encourage you to be at your best, so it will tell you things you may not want to hear. So, flaws are really opportunities and not hinderances.

So when I say I love you asimplepoet, I'm saying whatever need you have, as long as I'm equipped to provide it, I will and will do it heartily. You don't have to do me any favors, like me, be kind to me, or qualify; my love exists all on its own.

Of course, there are different levels of love: emotional, mental, spiritual and physical.

Very good thread to start, it's the vein of our existance!

4. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i would disagree with agape love being the highest...that love in theory is not higher than the love btw humans...its only difference is that its coming from God...love is love period rather its God or humans Matthew 22:37-38 speaks of loving the lord & his people....this verse leads me to believe that even the love of the Lord in theory is on par with the love of humans....will humans ever truly comprehend the magnitude & extent..prolly not....but humans cant even comprehend their own love for a variety of things including others.

But love is an experience not simply an emotion that manifests itself on all levels

5. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    I appreciate your input Mike. I admit, our views are different and that's quite alright. Since the sister asked what your definition of love is and if you're displaying it towards your brothas and sistas, I take this is your response.

6. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    To me, love is an action, not just saying it, but doing it. I find it hard sometimes to do what I know would be the best thing for my man, not because I don't love him, but because it is..... inconvenient. That is one thing that I have realized in watching the relationships around me crumble to pieces, someone wasn't able to give themselves fully. We all have great potential, but how much are you willing to give to nurture someone else to grow? Not saying that I deserve to be disrespected, but what am I able to deal with when the going gets tough? It is different for everyone, and that is what I have come to realize, what I can and can not deal with. So to me, love is doing and not just saying.

7. asimplepoet

asimplepoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +229
    I think that we have all hit it upon the head that love is an action word not just an emotion. Love comes with responsibility. Love says i want the best for you and i am willing to do what it takes to ensure your success. Love does not quit nor grow weary in well doing.

8. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Um.....Honestly....I don't know if I love them

9. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    our views our different n yes this is....i dont always show love towards my fellow brothers n sisters but i try