Black Relationships : What does Marriage mean?

A007

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 16, 2001
memphis, Tn
What is the big deal about MARRIAGE? I am speaking of the ceremony and the piece of paper that seem to break up more couples than it unifies. Here are the facts....

It doesn't mean you will stay together forever.
It doesn't mean one or both of you will be faithful.
It doesn't mean two will become one in mind, body, and spirit.
It doesn't mean that you will share with each other.
It doesn't mean that everything will be perfect.
It doesn't even mean that both of you are committed.

So, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

What is the big deal about MARRIAGE? I am speaking of the ceremony and the piece of paper that seem to break up more couples than it unifies. Here are the facts....

It doesn't mean you will stay together forever.
It doesn't mean one or both of you will be faithful.
It doesn't mean two will become one in mind, body, and spirit.
It doesn't mean that you will share with each other.
It doesn't mean that everything will be perfect.
It doesn't even mean that both of you are committed.

So, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
it means that when ya'll go to divorce court,she gets half.

americanized marriage

IMHO is no more then another form of contract, and obligation ... puts two people in debt to each other ....

marriage is a balanced hamonious divine union ....

"marriage" is a ritual performed when two come together to create life ....

i can "marry" myself if u will ... meaning i can use all of the elements of myself to create a poem for example

i can "marry" a man for example by having intercourse with him to create a life in order to pro-create ... multiply ...

it's a manifested concept

Marriage means something but how well do we act upon the structure of it
we have accept marriage as a piece of paper which we don't find power in
we have left the values of it's meaning for our own set mental rules
yes marriage is like a contract a fix agreement that we sign saying yes
but in the reality of heart we know we can break it twist it and drop it
so marriage means nothing but a not so committed vow of yes me and you

There are some who knows what it really means and live by those meanings
set forth as husband and wife of an marriage by love and unconditional feelings

I know what it should mean to two human souls

I think that this is a good question...and as one in my third marriage, I think that I am in a most beautiful position to answer this question to the fullest extent. When I was in an illusioned state of being I thought that marriage was about this deep emotion that I was feeling for another person. This person who it seemed had entered my world and was everything to me and that it seemed that I could not live without. In my mind and heart we were perfect and meant to be.

Only time, after we were married of course would allow me to see that we were truly different in our thoughts, our perceptions, what we wanted out of life, our goals and our beliefs. By this time we already had children together and I had a choice...stay with her because of the children or move on and simply support them. I chose to move on and simply support them. I understood then that I would be a fool to sacrifice the reality of who I was "for the sake of the children". That in essence would have meant at least 18 years of turmoil, of contradictions and of my own life perpetrating a fraud for the sake of the children. Nah, that wasn't going to work. Sure, the sex was good but outside of that we were like night and day.

Only time and growth would allow me to see and understand what it was that took place and why I felt the way that I did about this woman. I learned over time that there is something called "the law of chemical affinity". This law is the law that says and proves that your exact opposite or better yet, attraction from a physical chemical level is out there. What this means is that there is someone out there who you are a perfect match for on a chemical, physical level. In other words the two of you are like magnets and metal. A direct attraction and you perfectly match each other and in bed are like a union that was meant to be...and come hell or high water the two of you will find a way to be together, whether you are married already or not.

I went through this twice in my life. The first time I dismissed it because I saw the shape of the woman and chalked it up as lust. The second time I didn't see anything as it relates to the woman. I couldn't even see her face and had simply passed her by in a snow storm...yet I felt my knees buckle as I passed her and my heart started beating off the meter. If you can find someone like this and you both have the same beliefs or goals in common, the sky is the limits in terms of what you will accomplish. In essence you are a union both in bed and out of it and the two of you don't care which one you are in....that my brothers and sisters is like the perfect marriage.

Outside of the reality that I just painted, marriage in general is like, " I'm willing to put up with your b.s. if you're willing to put up with mines...and in general that's what a lot of us have.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back