Black People : What does it mean to "believe in white supremacy"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Oct 14, 2007.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    ImHotep!

What does it mean to "believe in white supremacy":?:

:hearts2:

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Excellent question. Even further back than that the question that should be asked is;

What is "white supremacy"?

Because this is the clincher in understanding for non-white people. If the term "white supremacy" is clearly defined understanding of what it means will follow.

When I use the term "white supremacy" I mean it is positional. OK, now what does that mean? It means white people have positioned themselves so that their monmey is more valuable than the money of non-white people on this planet, their weapons are more powerful than the weapons of non-white people, they are in the position to set the standard for what should be learned all over the planet and what is useless to learn in terms of exchanging what is learned for money, and so on and so forth.

It is like a military position. They are at war with the people they say are not white (non-white). Someone has to be winning the war and someone has to be losing the war. This is the war we refer to as "the race war". We were born into it...born on the losing side of the war. Instead of figuring out what it takes to win the war, meaning produce a SYSTEM of justice, we walk around and talk about how great people we were before "the war". This is unfortunate.

They have positioned themselves to be in a position of power and they use that power incorrectly...to mistreat people. And they teach us how to do the same thing to each other and we comply. That is the evidence of their supreme position. When I use the term "white supremacy" I'm not talking about white people are better people or more intelligent people. I'm talking about their position among all of the people of the known universe. They are in a supreme position. They decide who gets nuclear weapons and how they use them, who gets certain technologies and how they use them...because they are in a position to do so...a supreme military position.

Once you have a concrete definition of the word or term, and this is true for any word, and that definition reveals truth in a manner that helps you to understand what you are looking at, "belief" is no longer an issue. It either exists or it doesn't exist.

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Great question

To believe in white supremacy is to believe the system of cultural control and domination devised by europeans is successful because the european is superior in all respects to all other peoples.

To "believe in" white supremacy is to go beyond recognizing the existence and impact of said system, it is to accept and embrace it as being solely responsible for our current condition, rather than embracing the reality that our current condition is ultimately the result of having not effectively countered the europeans....and others.

To "believe in" white supremacy means that your only solutions ALL MUST NECESSARILY DEPEND ON the same authors of white lunacy to be convinced by some voluntary method to treat you with justice and fairness.

It must be noted that not all ethnic groups who are aware of white lunacy believe in white supremacy.

We black/african peoples, believe in white supremacy and submit to calling it just that....white supremacy.

So subconsciously (and consciously for some) we believe they are in fact superior, that they rule the universe, and that THEY are then necessarily responsible for our well-being.

To "believe in" white supremacy is to submit to permanent, irrevocable victim status.

It is like rape victims believing they were raped because of the superiority of the rapists, as opposed to the brutal sickness (weakness) of the rapists...and then concluding the only plausible solution is to beg the rapists to make amends and treat them fairly next time.

4. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    If I were to believe, '' white people have positioned themselves so that their monmey is more valuable than the money of non-white people on this planet, their weapons are more powerful than the weapons of non-white people, they are in the position to set the standard for what should be learned all over the planet and what is useless to learn in terms of exchanging what is learned for money, and so on and so forth.''

What position does this leave ppl who are not white? If I/God shot or bombed a group of white ppl what would happen to them? As long as anyone can see the ''TRUTH" thru the B.S. They can Overcome any situation they want.

The only Supreme group of ppl out there are the ones that understand Truth and Power and know how to harness it.
    I'm going to lay down a small but sturdy foundation of key hints to let anyone KNOW someone or someone-s that are blind and are not spiritually in 'tune' with Truth and Power. The purpose of this will be to raise the consciousness and not be disillusioned from seeing what is Truth and what isn't. Hopefully we will all be able to raise our opinions to perspectives.

Somebody that believes they are greater than anybody else.

Somebody that believes a group they identify themselves with such as race, gender, religion, school of thought, culture, tribe, gang, team place of employment, etc. are greater than anyone else's group.

Someone that believes they are inferior than anybody else.

Somebody that believes a group they identify themselves with such as race, gender, religion, school of thought, culture, tribe, gang, team place of employment, etc. is inferior than anyone else's group.

This in sync with the small and powerful proverb
    ''Everyone and everything has it's time in the sun.''

Opinions change the TRUTH does not.

Knowledge of Self will give you knowledge of others.

Why?????

Because everyone and everything that is ''U'' ''R''

This is all for now.

:qqb003:

5. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    "Frame" of reference

"The concept of objectivity itself, is something that has been used by Europeans to control African people. It is a concept which says that we can contemplate truth without being connected to any culture, without coming from any perspective, without having any political implications in what we do - that, of course, is not the case. and what WE did was to accept this and say that "oh, they're scientists, they're scholars" and so forth were describing us objectively. What they were doing was promoting a particular way of viewing the world, promoting a particular political interest in the world.

I do not make that claim, because it would be a lie. and it is always a lie..."

* Marimba Ani*

In countering what one has "defined" as "Racism White Supremacy" one has also codified a particular way of viewing the phenomenon. Is this the only way to view the phenom? Why is the previous question even important considering our current condition as a collective? Is there a such thing as a diagnosis and action plan that would have some sort of "intrinsically" provocative appeal; expeditiously rallying a critical mass of black people to accountable behavior? (I stretched that one but it IS a relevant question:haha: )

I ask all these questions (In light of Baba Ani's assesment) because I surmise our diagnostic conclusions cannot be assumed to be rigidly "Fixed" (Right or Wrong). I think as long as we have room for options and intracultural differences we will continue to create different (opposing for the most part) diagnostic measures. We have to somehow bypass this (I would say *Natural*) chasm and try to reconcile/syncretize as much as possible to recollect our collective purpose/integrity.

Can we accept the side effects (whatever those maybe) of a portion of our community believing in RWS as well as edify the strengths (without being analytical juggernauts)

Vice Versa for RWS proponents...If you do the knowledge to (for example..using my frame of reference) The Paut Neteru you would find that most of the elements that contribute to the infrastructure of RWS and non-white peoples oppression are exemplified in the lower spheres of the Tree. To us this is not RWS...this is barbarism and at best a system that incubates the erroneous identification with THE PER-SONA. Hetepu

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thank you for your RE~sponse
    I agree with all that you have shared. In fact, as I read I BE~gan to VISUALIZE...a gigantic spider WEB....neatly and symetrically woven and..

HANGING RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS...position....systemically....covering all bases...symetrically...one piece feeding off of or into the other...
    educational
    economical
    cultural
    religious
    political
    military
    legal
    basic needs (housing, food, clothing)
    systems
    all working together....hanging over top of US...like a well oiled machine..

no "supreme" DOES NOT mean..."better than" for M.E.

just an acknowledgment of thier SYSTEM/POSITION

it IS "lunancy" "bite the hand that feeds you"
    even dogs overstand this!

Question :?:

How to dismantle the system of white lunancy:?:

7. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

Well Brother Kemetkind..

I can certainly see why ..based on the meaning you make of the term...that you would have major problems with its use!.

It seems in your estimation, that Afreekans (in amerikkka for sure and any upholding the notion of white supremacy as defied by you) who acknowledge this shystem also buy into the belief that whites are in FACT SUPERIOR as they have "educated" us to believe.

My definition of white "supremacy" differs from yours in that I have de~tached the B.S. as a first step towards freedom.
    That step is disconnecting the notion of "survival of the fittest" mentality and application when it comes to the current state WE are in. I'm clear that they ARE NOT smarter, more industrious, better than...US.

You know...and YES...to use the word "Supreme" in relation to them...DOES FEED THE SUB-CONSCIOUS AND UN-CONSCIOUS MIND..
    cause We all know what "supreme" means!

My last scholarly article written in school was entitled "Guess what Mommy, words Do Hurt"! It detailed the "language game" research and teaching games. All starts with LANGUAGE..
    I learned to "call a spade a spade" . Applied to this context...it IS NOT white "supremacy". IT IS white LUNANCY!
    Calling it such maintains the focus of the SYSTEM or Position (as Bro. E.W. frames it) they have placed themselves.
    and Yes again...

WE seem to contiine to kick ourselves for having allowed things go as far as they have...

Now what we gwan do about that:?:

8. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    As I continue reading...it BE~comes clearer and clearer just what ppl HEAR when the term "white supremacy" is used..

it's the

SUPREME part...
    funny...could not find an on-line defintion of the word "supreme"

Thanks for sharing hiphopolx:shades:

9. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thanks Brother Menefer!

I will BE back to this...this is digging deeper:grouphug:

10. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    This is amazing, I read through these threads over and over again, and the most common theme's are that the white man is the devil, the oppressor, the enemy of us all, the destroyer of all things goods. But yet you continue to use this term supreme(acy) to describe him, There is something morbidly wrong with this. I never use that term to describe anyone human, it's not in my vocabulary. But it's like Martin Luther King once said, "we need to scrub the slave out of us".

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does black community believe