Black People : What does honesty and truthfullness entail?

Workinprocess

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 14, 2010
I have been thinking about this all day... What does honesty entail?

I'll go first... one of the things honesty requires is the ability to be objective.

Example of objectivity: Being able to make a clear judgment, without involving ones self. To remove ones bias away from the situation at hand.

Anyone else care to share what honesty entails?

W.I.P :whip:

I have been thinking about this all day... What does honesty entail?

I'll go first... one of the things honesty requires is the ability to be objective.

Example of objectivity: Being able to make a clear judgment, without involving ones self. To remove ones bias away from the situation at hand.

Anyone else care to share what honesty entails?

Honesty means you don't give a f!
let the chips fall where they may!

I think honesty in itself is to be truthful. It also goes into what circumstances you are being honest about and then the objective part can play into it. Like if someone asked you an honest opinion okay; then you have the choice to lie about it or "omit" the truth if you think it will shield them from their feelings...but then if you did something that is warrented for a honest response and one chooses not to then that's ashame and the honesty part is not completely met by that person that isn't telling the truth.

I think honesty in itself is to be truthful. It also goes into what circumstances you are being honest about and then the objective part can play into it. Like if someone asked you an honest opinion okay; then you have the choice to lie about it or "omit" the truth if you think it will shield them from their feelings...but then if you did something that is warrented for a honest response and one chooses not to then that's ashame and the honesty part is not completely met by that person that isn't telling the truth.

Nice to meet you Emerald Queen, thanks for your response.

My understanding of what you just said is basically this... When someone omits the truth in the effort of shielding the other individuals feelings, it is because they are being objective, not because they are being dishonest and untruthful?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back