Black People : What Does Conscious Mean - When We're All Dependent On Others?

EVERY step counts...as long as it is sincere, it counts because it's significant that you have decided that oppressive forces will no longer have control over your mind. As incomplete as it may be on the outset, it is nothing to scoff at because it will drive you/us to progressively greater levels of healing. The elephant is taken one bite at a time, but that first bite sets the stage. People see what's possible when they are able to witness someone who has been in their shoes. That's a GOOD thing. It seems the spirit of what you are concerned about is being arrogant, and with that, I agree. Maintaining a level head and knowing your vulnerabilities keeps you going in a forward direction. So, we don't need arrogance, but we do need to set standards...peace.

I think we're on the same page ... a journey does begin with one step ... but i don't think we can begin the celebration party at that first step.

Consciousness seems to be a series of many steps, but if those steps do not end in freedom from white supremacy racism ... there should be no party.

Many are partying at the thought of being conscious ... taking a first step or two ... never completing the journey.

Which is why i don't understand why it gets so much play.

An addict that remains an addict, only taking steps to recovery, never completing the process ... is still an addict.

We're addicts until we complete the recovery process .... no matter how many steps toward recovery we take.

Call them conscious or call them unconscious ... at the end of the day they're the same ... dependent on racism white supremacy.

I see no substantive difference.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

EVERY step counts...as long as it is sincere, it counts because it's significant that you have decided that oppressive forces will no longer have control over your mind. As incomplete as it may be on the outset, it is nothing to scoff at because it will drive you/us to progressively greater levels of healing. The elephant is taken one bite at a time, but that first bite sets the stage. People see what's possible when they are able to witness someone who has been in their shoes. That's a GOOD thing. It seems the spirit of what you are concerned about is being arrogant, and with that, I agree. Maintaining a level head and knowing your vulnerabilities keeps you going in a forward direction. So, we don't need arrogance, but we do need to set standards...peace.

Yes Sister, i agree with you. Every step counts.

It's more than arrogance ... some folk are actually lifting themselves above the rest of us ... based on the term conscious.

They believe they are better. That they have arrived somewhere. Yet they are still as bound as the rest of us.

I don't understand that.

At the end of the day, the problem has not been solved ... no matter what steps were taken to solve it.

If you take your car to a shop, they tell you all about the steps taken to solve the problem ... but if the car aint fixed ... those steps won't mean much.

In that same vein, we must solve the problem, and anything short of that, should not be worthy of adulation.

Love You!

Destee

Ok...that's arrogance to me....thinking you're above someone. That aside, however, to accomplish what you are talking is going to require that everyone be on the same page, and it's going to require everyone to question the nature of the system. Now, I don't need to be personally arrogant to NOT want to align myself any longer with sickness. But, if I want to start moving, what should I do....wait for sick folks to realize that they are sick? Like I said, there are plenty of Black people on this planet at this very moment who see NO problem with what's going on---they only want to be allowed to equally participate in it. That's problematic for me; if I see that, what is the appropriate step for me to take? How are you proposing that everyone get on the same page at the same time? What is the correct thing to do? I mean what is it that you would like to see happen to resolve what you see to be the problem?

Yes Sister, i agree with you. Every step counts.

It's more than arrogance ... some folk are actually lifting themselves above the rest of us ... based on the term conscious.

They believe they are better. That they have arrived somewhere. Yet they are still as bound as the rest of us.

I don't understand that.

At the end of the day, the problem has not been solved ... no matter what steps were taken to solve it.

If you take your car to a shop, they tell you all about the steps taken to solve the problem ... but if the car aint fixed ... those steps don't mean much.

In that same vein, we must solve the problem, and anything short of that, should not be worthy of adulation.

Love You!

Destee

Ok...that's arrogance to me....thinking you're above someone. That aside, however, to accomplish what you are talking is going to require that everyone be on the same page, and it's going to require everyone to question the nature of the system. Now, I don't need to be personally arrogant to NOT want to align myself any longer with sickness. But, if I want to start moving, what should I do....wait for sick folks to realize that they are sick? Like I said, there are plenty of Black people on this planet at this very moment who see NO problem with what's going on---they only want to be allowed to equally participate in it. That's problematic for me; if I see that, what is the appropriate step for me to take? How are you proposing that everyone get on the same page at the same time? What is the correct thing to do? I mean what is it that you would like to see happen to resolve what you see to be the problem?

Sister Blak ... i gotta run an errand, but i will come back to this, and answer all of your questions! :)

Let me say briefly, i think it is more than arrogance, to be dependent on white folk, while talking about other Black folk who are also dependent.

They wanna call themselves conscious ... somehow separating themselves from the rest of us.

That's more than arrogance ... that's the dynamic of white supremacy racism ... at its finest!

I'll be back ... Love You and Thanks!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back