Black People : What does Christmas really mean to you?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Qatavia, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    What does Christmas really mean to you?

For me Christmas is a very special day. Not because of presents and all the excitment that the holiday brings. But because it is a reminder of the day that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born. How he was born of flesh to die for our iniquities. He was born only to die for a world that would only reject him.
    Many people like to argue the fact that Christmas was not the day of Jesus's birth. To me it really doesn't matter. All that does matter is that he was born. So as we approach the holiday let's remeber Christ in all his Glory. Let's behold the lamb of God in our hearts. He was born into sin that we may live.

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Not to sound HARSH,

But once you ARE SAVED (that VERY INSTANCE), that is when I am TOLD by those who PROFESS they are CHRISITANS that this JESUS CHRIST is REBORNED (CONCEIVED) inside our FLESH and IMMORTAL SPIRIT.

So this IDEA of CELEBRATING the BIRTH of JESUS on a DAY, LIMITS the POWER of that JESUS.

That means the FAITH is also LIMITED to ONE DAY a YEAR.

Oh well.

Christmas is another day to see and possible be APART of BONDAGE...but I am not so sure what TOMORROW BRINGS. I hope UNLIMITED FAITH in the CREATOR.