Black Relationships : What does ... Catfished ... Mean?

A video that brings it home:

Can't Lie On The Internet

With the recent media surrounding Manti Te’o being catfished (fooled) by a man posing as a woman he virtually dated for over 2 years without ever meeting, along with the growing popularity of the movie turned Television show Catfish, we decided to divulge a few tricks of how to stalk research someone online using a few free tools and some creativity. So have you found your soul mate online? Let’s see if we can make sure they are who they say they are so you too can avoid being catfished.

http://knowem.com/blog/2013/02/07/are-you-being-catfished-simple-steps-to-research-someone/

This is one of my FAVORITE COMMERCIALS. I recall twice I was thrown for a loop. This was about 10 years ago. I decided to do internet dating thing and I had agreed to meet someone at the local library. Mind you the description was athletically built, dark, and 5'8''. Well that was fine with me. I go the library and go inside. I get this call saying " I think you just walked by me". So I started replaying my entrance. I thought, Hmmm, the only person I saw was this man that looked pregnant standing near the book drop." Girl this was the man. He was all of 5'2" and the only athletic part of his body was that basketball underneath his shirt." The other was a person I had spent time talking with on the phone. My particular stated, " I don't date outside my race." So this is to show you how convincing this man was. I was totally shocked when I showed up at Baskin and Robbins to find a white guy....lol.. I darn near choked. Even in person, he sound as if he was a brotha. That show Catfish has some serious mess going on. I watched it a few times. Men tricking men into thinking they are women. Scandalous stuff. Stuff that could get you killed.

This is one of my FAVORITE COMMERCIALS. I recall twice I was thrown for a loop. This was about 10 years ago. I decided to do internet dating thing and I had agreed to meet someone at the local library. Mind you the description was athletically built, dark, and 5'8''. Well that was fine with me. I go the library and go inside. I get this call saying " I think you just walked by me". So I started replaying my entrance. I thought, Hmmm, the only person I saw was this man that looked pregnant standing near the book drop." Girl this was the man. He was all of 5'2" and the only athletic part of his body was that basketball underneath his shirt." The other was a person I had spent time talking with on the phone. My particular stated, " I don't date outside my race." So this is to show you how convincing this man was. I was totally shocked when I showed up at Baskin and Robbins to find a white guy....lol.. I darn near choked. Even in person, he sound as if he was a brotha. That show Catfish has some serious mess going on. I watched it a few times. Men tricking men into thinking they are women. Scandalous stuff. Stuff that could get you killed.

:rofl:

That's right, tell the truth and shame the devil:flamingdevil:, thanks JenaBee63.

:10400: .o0( like that really cute pic of you in your profile is prolly fake ).

for it to be catfish'n ... give me your credit card #, expiration date and security code ... :cheerleader:

then i'll call you on the phone once a week and tell you how much i love you and stuff ... :love:

then when we meet ... i'll beat you like you stole sump'n ... :lol: ... :rofl: ... hahahaha ... :lol:

:fishing:

oh yeah ... thanks too ... :)

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back