Black People : wHAT DO YOU WISH TO INSPIRE, OR LEAVE PPL WITH?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PoeticManifesta, Sep 20, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Im sitting here,
    At my desk... at my job.. which i love. I sit and think of my contributions to the world at wide... are ppl going to remember what I stand for? What I fought for.. what I marched on washington for.. :court: what i rallied at the state and national conventions for? Are ppl going to remember the silly fiesty woman.. who made old white men cry.. when she exposed the hurt of low income families.. who are stuck in a system and dont have the education to et out of? Will [people remeber? Will what i stand for.. freedom love and .. understanding with compassion for the world. And a wrought iron for the fool who dares contest my beliefs.. or go against them. Or will my beliefs.. and my fight die with me? What do you all believe?

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "inspire or leave people with"??

bringing the growing subconscious global awareness of the true interaction of "humanity" within this single organism called "Earth"/biosphere to the forefront of our lives, actions, educations and aspirations. i should prolly go ahead and get busy on that, but i just feel that i gotta bring Afraka with me to do the job, since We are the only ones that can!

(so i keep "pestering" you to make the best use of the tools available ... well, not that "economic" trap, but this technology stuff has some good potential. well, that is, once the people are skilled at it's use and are able to see through the "free market"s perversion of it!)

3. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I wish to inspire mass collective consciousness, where we return to being the truly spiritual beings we were, and operating at our highest levels of consciousness together

4. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    what i wish to leave ppl with..to inspire?

love...
    hope
    faith
    nonjudgementalness
    a zest for knowlege
    the concept of using their own heads
    and then im gone..
    to be simply another root
    where other trees
    other flowers
    can/will grow
    shine..and.
    I
    unknown
    but attached..
    continuing....

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I wish to leave the acts of faith and hope
    to live through every brutha and sista
    and the will of tomorrow in unity to blossom
    in grace of knowledge, feed the mind to
    honor and respect each other as ppl and
    know that i once was from the past and now a memory

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    I do not wish for my personal name to go down in the annals history but rather that my legacy be continued through my progeny. See I may not able to control much in my life but when my son recalls my life he will be able to say my father taught me what it is to be a man. He will say I never saw my father disrespect a woman or my mother or his wife. I never saw my father drunk or high or out of control. I saw my father working to provide for his family. In my father's house we never went hungry. In my father's house we were never cold in the winter or hot in the summer. In father's house I never was ragged or dirty. In father's house I learned the value of a dollar and hard work. In my father's house we were not afraid or ashamed to pray. My father often said I love son or daughter. In my father's house the needs of the family out weighed his own personal needs. In my father's education was a priority. Me and my father could talk about anything. My father taught me how to respect others yet stand up for my rights and freedoms. My father taught me my family heritage as well as my peoples heritage. My father prepared me to have a family of my own. If these statements can be said about my son by his son when he passes away and can be said by his grandson when his son passes away then I will have ended the cycle that plagues our people in my family.

Peace.....

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I don't know...i'm a lone wolf so to speak. I do what i do, say what I got to say regardless of social or personal approval or who does and does not like it. I learned a long time ago that the masses are NEVER RIGHT IN THEIR DIRECTION OR THOUGHT PROCESS.

I guess this is why I write books. I mean, if my children never do nothing but die off as bums my name will live on. There will always be someone 50 years or a hundred years from now who will be discussing what I've written and what I've revealed, just as we read the writings of those now dead for thousands of years. I'm simply determined not to die and take what I've learned to the grave with me. That is the most selfish act there is.

I've been many places where people were discussing me or my first book and didn't even know me or that I wrote it, so I just played into the conversation like I was another reader too.

What I slowly became aware of over time was the many lives my work had touched that I was totally unaware of. It gave me a different sense of responsibility and as Destee once told me...I write entirely different than I speak, well when I want to anyway. So I take a certain pride in laying things all the way out for people. Not as I see it, not as it's painted, but as it is, whether it's acceptable or not....cause what it is, is what it is...and I never feel like I have to sugar coat it or make anything I write politically correct. Why is it I often ask; that the truth is the only thing you have to sugar coat before people will take it?

SO MAYBE MY LEGACY IS "NO SUGAR" WITH PLENTY OF AFTER TASTE !!! AND HOPE IT LEAVES A LUMP IN THEIR THROAT WHILE THEY'RE TRYING TO SWALLOW IT.

8. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Brutha Keita,

What are the titles of your books and where can one purchase them ???
    Can that info be found somewhere here at Destee's ???

Hotep !

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I will get the web address from the publisher for you...and you can reach the publisher at 973-399-3902 for further information. I'm not as intimately involved with my first book as I once was due to my learning the publishing game and deciding to do this next one myself, even though I will be taking my first book to D.C. next month for the family event held by the nation. Oh, the name of my first book is entitled: "Pulling No Punches" And you can tell the publisher that I disclosed his number.

10. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    My legacy...

The spread of :

love
    warmth
    comfort
    more love
    care & concern for your fellow man/wombman/child (particularly our "OWN")
    help/assistance/offering "hand-ups"
    much more love
    mutual respect/understanding/encouragement/
    (again, particularly amongst our folk)

Hotepu !