Black Parenting : what do you want for your children in life?

What do you want for you children in life? Do you believe it is/will be obtainable for them? What are you doing to equip them to obtain that goal? What do you see as the obstacles to hinder their progression towards that goal?

1. Good times. Happiness. Satisfaction.

2. Yes.

3. Living my example. Teaching what I know.

4. Human Nature. Artificial Nature (aka white supremacy).

Off, I'm expecting and in a very tough situation so this question is hard fam :)

1. I want them to have freedom - and the wisdom to see it, courage to choose it, determination live it and love to spread it.

2. Yes, but not without a (lifelong) fight.

3. My child is not born yet, but I will impart all my knowledge and wisdom - as well as historical and ancestral lessons. Practical information, know-how, books, lots of love and respect plus guidance and mentorship from myself and the (extended) family.

4. The social fabric they are born into, the power-structure they are surrounded by and the education system they will have to pass through.

One,

- Ikoro

1.) Self-determination- I really like the way Ikoro put it.
I want them to realize that they can be whatever/whoever THEY choose to be. I don't want them to place any self-imposed barriers to them reaching their potential. I want them to have the strenght to overcome any man made or society imposed barriers to their potential or self-determination.

2.) I think self-determination is now available to them, but I fear we are going backwards to times when liberty and freedoms will be restricted.

3.) I teach them to be independent of this worldly system. To be in the world, but not of the world. To have survival skills that they can sustain themselves should hard times or an economic collaspe occur. I teach them to hunt, fish, to be protectors of our home and theirs as they become adults.
I was talking with my teenage son yesterday about racism and the "glass ceiling".

4) While self-determination allows them the freedom to accept or reject my belief system, I want them to accept it and embrace it for themselves. As a Christian, doing so comes with a certain amount of pursecution as witnessed in this very forum. So, the external obstacles for my children would be christian persecution, racial prejudice and lets not forget HATERS of all stripes. Internal obstacles would be self motivation, drive, work ethic, and tenacity (among many other potential self imposed show stoppers)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back