Black Relationships : what do you think

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by a-mere-man, Apr 8, 2004.

1. a-mere-man

a-mere-man Member MEMBER

student in college
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a girlfriend, both of us are freshman in college. I would like to start off by saying that I am a christian, so the same morals and things that I believe when it comes to the things of God, I implement into the relationship. Me and her have a very good relationship, we have been going together since November, and we are still together. I have helped her and I have admonished her on a lot of things just on life and what the Word of God says on certain issues pertaining to life. My girlfriend has did a complete change, for the good, since when I first started talking to her. She has let a lot of things that were, though they seemed good, she has let them go. For an example. She use to go to the club and she would party etc. etc. Now that she has gotten with me she no longer wants to live that lifestyle; I did not force her to leave it, she did that own her own and she was indeed cognizant of the fact that some people, like friends, would not understand. After changing her lifestyle in that aspect, she then changed it in another aspect, I will explain. A lot of my girlfriends friends still wanted to live that lifesyle,at the same time they were trying to slowly pull her back in it, so she cut them off. Ever since my girlfriend has cut them off me and her have spent a lot of time together, and I like that dont get me wrong. Now the whole problem comes in when people make statements and comments towards us. A lot of her friends have, because they do not understand her change, call themselves getting mad at her. Her roomate has made statements like do you know what you are doing, maybe this change is not for you, you need to enjoy life go out to the clubs go party. She has attempted to assasinate my girlfriends spirit she said that she is taking this religious "stage" a little to serious and that everytime she sees us we are always in the Word. I dont know why people, though I just gave you an example of one, I believe that you can get a feel for where I am coming from, have decided to act all crazy and act like they are angry around us. Can somebody give me some advice, because all of this seems so obscure.

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    My Man this is truly comendable, I want you to stay focused and faithful and pray because the lord will not let her to the tricks and plights of the enemy. I know I am not christian but for you to help a girl make moves like that is amazing, it is the true meaning of Christianity at work.

As for her friends, just be their to comofort her and remember they are important people to her so you have to kind of make your case and claim to take away their influence, this can only be done with love and it will happen my man.

And trus me on this, when yall two are happily married at her roommate gone still be at the club getting used and abused by men like myself, I am glad you got her before somenoe like me did.

Peace and keep it trill my man

3. a-mere-man

a-mere-man Member MEMBER

student in college
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your post.

I first want to think you for your post. Not to many people realize the severity of this. The masses do not realize that when a person changes that they are changing away from something that would eventually destroy them. For an individual to want the person that has changed to go back to their old lifestyle, it can be trouble not only for the person that has changed, but it could also be dangerous to the person who wants the person not to change, let me explain. If you have an individual, who has just got extricated or freed out of prison. This individual terrorized society, this individual has caused much pain to himself not only himself but to his family, this individual is deemed a shameful thing amongst his peers. His spirit has been emasculated and contusions can be found all throughout his lacerated mind because of the hurt that was dealt out to him. Now let us say that this individual changes, let us say that he steps out of the darkness and he walks in Gods light.Everything about him has changed. He does not victimize society, he does not minipulate women he is no longer a womanizer but a harmonizer, and who is in harmony with all women, he treats them good and holds them in adulation instead of contempt. Let us say that this man has some friends that do not understand his change, or they understand it but just his change raises the bar for them to change and they fall under extreme conviction. Now, their selfishness of not wanting him to change, could cause them to reap destruction in their own lives. First, when you mess with a saint, or a child of God you are asking for trouble, by this I mean trying to cause a christian to stumble. Second, when these people try to get this mans old habits to resurface, these habits that are in deep remission for a time being. When these people try to bring out the bad in this individual, bad that has been contrained by the grace of God, then this madness and the heinous behavior once they have unleashed it can harm them as well. It is like a chest that has evil contents in it, it is only when the person starts to mess with the lock that a curse is unleashed. The people had no business messin with the chest, but incredulous minds often reap horrible benefits.
    Listen, Are you tired of being deemed unacceptable to your peers. Are you tired of being shunned out by the world? Are you tired of living life with no plan, thinking lowly of yourself as a man? Do you want to revamp or should I say reconstruct yourself? I need some people that are mad enough to change. I need some people that are as the adage says. I need some people that are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Tired of being incarerated in their own minds, tired of others looking down on them because of what they have done in the past, tired of living in the same situation living the same fruitless life and ready for something to break loose in and throughout their lives, tired of neglecting God and then asking God why this and why that. I need some people that are ready for change. I need some people that know that they have something on the inside of them that is special, and it is burning ready to manifest. I need some people who are backed against the wall who feel this something that is great brewing in on the inside of them. Something that eyes have not seen and ears have not heard. Listen if you are this. Jesus can help. If you are tired of the same lifestyle Jesus can help. Jesus is Love. And I dont care how many of your friends, family look down on you and say indirectly that you will not amount to anything, I dont care how much stuff you done done in the past, I dont care how lowly you see yourself. God is telling you just like he told Adam in the garden of Eden, "Who told you that." Who told you that you were a shameful thing? who told you that you would not amount to anything, who told you that you are a nobody, who told you that you were a degenerate fool with no ambitions and nothing to aspire to. God is love and though people dont like you based on assumptions, God is accepting you when he has the evidence. GOd bless you brother. Stay up.

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    No Problem Cuzo