Black People : What Do You Think of Elijah's Solution to America's Race Problem?

One9_Arch

Aug 4, 2007
Salaam Family:

"We need land wherein we can build our own society free from the tension, hatred and violence that [has] accompanied our race relations [sic] with ... white [people in] America." [Elijah Muhammad. Message to the Blackman in America, 60]. And "We do not need soft talk when it comes to the truth; we need the thrust that will pull us off our knees ... begging, and put us on our feet as intelligent men and women no longer dependent upon the slave-master, but striving to build an independent nation of our own as others have done before us." Id., supra, 60. "We need a new people and a new mind. A new mind will give to us a base for the building of something new." [Elijah Muhammad. Our Saviour Has Arrived, 23.] (Emphasis added) Whether you agree with the above stated information or not, please explain your position on the issue of building an independent Black nation. I am certain many of you here have thought on such matters before. Do share you conclusions with me.

In Peace do I close.

Alkebulan

Mar 17, 2002
boringham, alabama
Occupation
slacker
Salaam 2 u One9 Arch & welcome 2 Destee!

u pose a gr8 ?

his "solutions" aren't unreasonable, but then, neither r they innovative.

we hv become xperts @ identifying our issues / problems, but clueless, 4 the most part, when it comes 2 development of implementable solutions that can actually b implemented. we've become master theoriticians (f thats a word), or masterful theory xpounding armchair generals.

i hv been a part of mor "what we need 2 do is..." discussions than i can count, but far too few "starting today, i'm committed to...." as a means of dealing w whateva the individual deems as the most pressing problems facing our communities.

there's nothing wrong w his "solutions", but they raise as many or mor ?'s as they answer:

"We need land wherein we can build our own society" don't we already hv "land" mass - that continent, alkebulan?

"We need a new people and a new mind" - & where might these "new" ppl w new minds com from? & f they r truly "new", won't they hv their own "new" problems, & hopefully, som "new" solutions 2 them?

w/o meaning 2 denegrate his "solution", i wld place these statements mor n the category of rhetoric than implementable program.

both Dr. Claude Anderson n his black labor, white wealth & Dr. Chancellor Williams, n his Destruction of Black Civilization, lay out actual programs that black ppl COULD utilize right now 2 begin moving toward mental & physical liberation.

this is just 1 black mans opinion, what's urs?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : Dr Amos Wilson On The Value Of Elijah Muhammad Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black Ancestors : ▶ The black collective won't miss Elijah Cummings Honoring Black Ancestors 8
Kemetstry Black Ancestors : R.I.P. ELIJAH CUMMINGS Honoring Black Ancestors 2
Queenie Black Ancestors : Farewell Elijah Cummings Honoring Black Ancestors 3
Ndugu Black People Politics : Cong Elijah Cummings precided the new "Valachi" hearings over a dif kind of Gangster Black People Politics 1
info-moetry Black Spirituality Religion : '64 Letter From Malik to Elijah Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 26
river Black Picture Image Gallery : My 10 Year Old Nephew Elijah English Black Picture Image Gallery 13
Ankhur Black People : Grandson of Honorable Elijah Muhammed seeks hip hop repository at Schomburg Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : Elijah Muhammad Interview.. Black People Open Forum 4
3 Black People : So Elijah Mohammed and George Clinton Black People Open Forum 15
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Elijah Muhammad "The Theology of Time" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
alyce Black Poetry : A Very Special Love (for Elijah) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Black People : The Solution To Police Injustice In America Is To Get Out Of America Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : The Solution To Police Injustice In America Is To Get Out Of America Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Solution for tension and anxiety Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Sudan : In Context Series: Self-Determination: A Solution to the Sudan Problem Sudan 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in Ƀlack/₳frican ℒanguage┤ Ebonics as an Ethically Sound Discourse: A Solution, Not a Prob Black People Politics 0
chuck Black Children : How Are You Striving To Be A Part Of The Solution Today? Black Children 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : chicago solution... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
tarhaka bey Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Tarhaka on Racism, Police Shootings an the Solution Production 81 1 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
IFE Black People : Big solution" to Peoplestown flooding includes new park, forced buy outs Black People Open Forum 1
IFE Black People : Atlanta - "Big solution" force buyouts or fix sewer system Black People Open Forum 2
noor100 Black Muslims : Islam has the Solution Islam Study Group 0
Yuri Black People : Possible solution to the high dropout rates among black boys Black People Open Forum 19
Alarm Clock Pan-Africanism : Tricks end with Debate; the true Solution for Pan Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
blazejay Black People : Why integration is a major roadblock than a solution to our issue's on race? Black People Open Forum 9
chuck Black People : Being Black Capitalists Is Solution To Our Peoples Issues and Problems? Black People Open Forum 5
chuck Black People : What Has Been Revealed Here: No Solution To The Decline Of The Intact Black Family! Black People Open Forum 63
legit-writer Black People : read this article and tell me if you know of any solution to the price of everything rising Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Sister Souljah, The Final Solution Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : J Edgar Hoover's Dream and Solution/ Messiah Politics Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Epidemic of National Black Violence/ any National Solution? Black People Open Forum 89
Ankhur Black People : Bin Laden dead, but Al Qeda still a threat/ solution; support Al Qeda in Lybia? Huh?! Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : HOW IS THIS FOR A SOLUTION? - IYPAD - The Global Day of the Drum Black People Open Forum 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black People : what do the naysayers see as a solution for the national Black community? Black People Open Forum 19
C Black People : This Light Vs. Darkskin Thing Is Old. What's The Solution? Black People Open Forum 90
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Knowing The Black Life Experience Is The Solution To The Black Life Problem!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black People : Stoning; the Solution to out of Race relations Black People Open Forum 14
Ankhur Black Men : Are we Collective-Solution Oriented? As Black men? Black Men 70
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : There Is No Internal American Solution For Black People Injustice Chief Elder Osiris 0
P Black People : Our own Fiat currency? Possible UJAMAA solution? Black People Open Forum 0
mizjoice Black Poetry : Reaching Back: A solution (?) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : Is There a Solution to DOOMSDAY? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 56
I Black People : The South AFRIKAN Solution! Black People Open Forum 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Suicide Is Not Solution For Difficulties Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 28
jamesfrmphilly Black People : the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution Black People Open Forum 89
B Black Events : Organization is Key! Self Determination is the Solution! Black Events 0
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : Call For Testers for Web Confrencing Solution Black Men 3
S FDA’S “FINAL SOLUTION” TO DESTROY NATURAL MEDICINE-BIG PHARMA’S DRACONIAN PLAN Black Health and Wellness 0