Black People : What Do You Think of Elijah's Solution to America's Race Problem?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by One9_Arch, Aug 6, 2007.

1. One9_Arch

One9_Arch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Salaam Family:

"We need land wherein we can build our own society free from the tension, hatred and violence that [has] accompanied our race relations [sic] with ... white [people in] America." [Elijah Muhammad. Message to the Blackman in America, 60]. And "We do not need soft talk when it comes to the truth; we need the thrust that will pull us off our knees ... begging, and put us on our feet as intelligent men and women no longer dependent upon the slave-master, but striving to build an independent nation of our own as others have done before us." Id., supra, 60. "We need a new people and a new mind. A new mind will give to us a base for the building of something new." [Elijah Muhammad. Our Saviour Has Arrived, 23.] (Emphasis added) Whether you agree with the above stated information or not, please explain your position on the issue of building an independent Black nation. I am certain many of you here have thought on such matters before. Do share you conclusions with me.

In Peace do I close.

2. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    Salaam 2 u One9 Arch & welcome 2 Destee!

u pose a gr8 ?

his "solutions" aren't unreasonable, but then, neither r they innovative.

we hv become xperts @ identifying our issues / problems, but clueless, 4 the most part, when it comes 2 development of implementable solutions that can actually b implemented. we've become master theoriticians (f thats a word), or masterful theory xpounding armchair generals.

i hv been a part of mor "what we need 2 do is..." discussions than i can count, but far too few "starting today, i'm committed to...." as a means of dealing w whateva the individual deems as the most pressing problems facing our communities.

there's nothing wrong w his "solutions", but they raise as many or mor ?'s as they answer:

"We need land wherein we can build our own society" don't we already hv "land" mass - that continent, alkebulan?

"We need a new people and a new mind" - & where might these "new" ppl w new minds com from? & f they r truly "new", won't they hv their own "new" problems, & hopefully, som "new" solutions 2 them?

w/o meaning 2 denegrate his "solution", i wld place these statements mor n the category of rhetoric than implementable program.

both Dr. Claude Anderson n his black labor, white wealth & Dr. Chancellor Williams, n his Destruction of Black Civilization, lay out actual programs that black ppl COULD utilize right now 2 begin moving toward mental & physical liberation.

this is just 1 black mans opinion, what's urs?

3. One9_Arch

One9_Arch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    The Order of Shabazz

Salaam Alkebulan:

My solution is admittedly a work in progress. But where I am cuurently at regarding the implimentation of plans long ago laid, please goto the "godtribe" at http://groups.google.com/group/godtribe.

Tell me what you think.