Black Spirituality Religion : What do you think of Christianity's explanation of race?

Peace, Brother!

You are twisting things and telling untruths. Any Christian preacher can tell you about the claim that each of Noah's children was of a different race, and that that is how we got different races on this planet after the flood of Noah's time. Just ask a Christian preacher how did we get different races on the planet after Noah's flood.

You claim that I am fraudulent because of my carefulness with my sources yet you don't defeat any of my questions. Instead of dealing with my questions, you go to personal attacks. But Peace & Brotherly Love to you anyway, dear Brother.

Bro. Williams

not quite sure how anybody can defeat a question - sorry but that phrase just dont make any sense

second - so what if most preachers can tell us about this 'claim' - dont mean they think it has any credabilaty or that they think its any part of christian doctrine

besides everybody knows how we ended up with different races - we all started out african - some people left africa eventually some stayed - the ones that stayed still stayed african - the ones that left changed and became something else - now whether you consider that was evlution or dgeneration is a whole different matter - but truth is they ended up looking different to the way humans had looked up till then

Knowing who you are talking to and/or their credentials is VITAL to a PUBLIC conversation which encompasses the beliefs of millions of black people. I would no more debate the finer points of physics with someone who can barely count change from the grocery store than I would enter serious debate with one who seeks to undermine the religious orientation of black people who is 1) not black or 2) is of a different religious orientation seeking converts.

But that is apples and oranges that you are comparing. If you are discussing a science, you have different degrees of knowledge of that science... which doesn't mean that the knowledge which you hold of a science is based on your occupation.
In this, it's the knowledge of the words in the bible and it's interpretation of said words, which wouldn't matter if you were rich or poor, what color you are, your occupation, or your religious faith... you are interpreting the statements made and for the most part doesn't require a faith statement to be well versed in it.

But I agree with you on the basic intention for the debate... especially if the historical record of said poster shows a certain pattern to their questioning.

But that is apples and oranges that you are comparing. If you are discussing a science, you have different degrees of knowledge of that science... which doesn't mean that the knowledge which you hold of a science is based on your occupation.
Who said anything about an "occupation?" :11200:

In this, it's the knowledge of the words in the bible and it's interpretation of said words, which wouldn't matter if you were rich or poor, what color you are, your occupation, or your religious faith... you are interpreting the statements made and for the most part doesn't require a faith statement to be well versed in it.
I didn't say only the religious could discuss the bible. I said it is vital to know if the person who brought up the subject you're discussing, is religious. If you are and s/he isn't, you should know the "why" of the discussion. And if they're not forthcoming about the "why," then more than likely there's a hidden agenda somewhere.

But I agree with you on the basic intention for the debate... especially if the historical record of said poster shows a certain pattern to their questioning.

:toast:

Who said anything about an "occupation?" :11200:

I didn't say only the religious could discuss the bible. I said it is vital to know if the person who brought up the subject you're discussing, is religious. If you are and s/he isn't, you should know the "why" of the discussion. And if they're not forthcoming about the "why," then more than likely there's a hidden agenda somewhere.

:toast:
just covering it... basically it doesn't matter

and again it is not vital to know if they are religious, only if they are open minded enough to hold a discussion. IF one understands that the discussion is not an assault on ones faith, but a discussion of the subject matter at hand.. personally I wouldn't care of ones religious background if we are talking about the creator. simply because you will always gain a different interpretation of that same subject even amongst those which are religious... the agenda will always show themselves, and those which are open for the discussion would show themselves as well... which is why I addressed that same subject to the OP.... twice.

Peace & Blessings to you,

Earlier I was thinking about Christianity's claim that each race comes from one of the different sons of the Prophet Noah. Christians claim that Blacks are the descendants of Ham, Whites are the descendants of Shem, and Asians are the descendants of Japheth. Thinking about the claim, it doesn't make any sense that Noah & his wife were White and they had 3 sons, one Black, one White, and one Asian.

What are your views on this claim from the Christians?

Its a white mans creation known as the table of nations. Which means it is full inconsistencies and contradictions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back