Black Spirituality Religion : What do you think happens when you call on Jesus as opposed to Yahshua or any other name?

BlaqScorpion

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 15, 2017
This has always been a topic of heated discussion among friends and family. I'm not overtly religious by any means, but I definitely believe that the Bible (as well as the Torah, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, etc.) has many principles that can leaned upon towards becoming a more positive individual.
Now...
With that being said, I have learned through personal research that the name Jesus isn't the correct name to call upon and all that goes along with the first use of the letter "J" and Cesare Borgia and the "good ship." I have also learned through personal research that the imagery is false (and any made will likely be). I've had several discussions about this with others and they all seem to agree, yet there is still a fear instilled to keep calling on a name that, in my opinion, doesn't fit quite right within our (as black people) historical timeline.
I do know that there is power in the name Jesus. I do not doubt that. There is power in anything when enough energy is given towards it and even more power when it's invoked upon. So, I wonder...most times...what is this energy that many of us call on?
I'm not saying that it's a negative energy, but I wonder, is it OUR energy?
What would happen if we started calling on the names of those that favor us?
Not saying Osiris or Amen, either because I'm also greatly on the fence about those names as well. Those were the times of pharaohs, hence, patriarchy. I'm more interested in the practices of the matriarchy beforehand and not only in reference to Egyptians, but to just about all religious/spiritual practices.
It's easy to get tons of information on us as a people and although empowering, some of it is very misleading and will steer us right into our own egos, which can't be right, either. Self-less, not selfish, right?
Just wondering what anyone else thought about this. I'm pretty sure numerous forums have been made about this, but I'm new. If you know of the perfect forum or site, please send a link or simply just share your opinion.
We are all wise in our own ways and "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

This has always been a topic of heated discussion among friends and family. I'm not overtly religious by any means, but I definitely believe that the Bible (as well as the Torah, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, etc.) has many principles that can leaned upon towards becoming a more positive individual.
Now...
With that being said, I have learned through personal research that the name Jesus isn't the correct name to call upon and all that goes along with the first use of the letter "J" and Cesare Borgia and the "good ship." I have also learned through personal research that the imagery is false (and any made will likely be). I've had several discussions about this with others and they all seem to agree, yet there is still a fear instilled to keep calling on a name that, in my opinion, doesn't fit quite right within our (as black people) historical timeline.
I do know that there is power in the name Jesus. I do not doubt that. There is power in anything when enough energy is given towards it and even more power when it's invoked upon. So, I wonder...most times...what is this energy that many of us call on?
I'm not saying that it's a negative energy, but I wonder, is it OUR energy?
What would happen if we started calling on the names of those that favor us?
Not saying Osiris or Amen, either because I'm also greatly on the fence about those names as well. Those were the times of pharaohs, hence, patriarchy. I'm more interested in the practices of the matriarchy beforehand and not only in reference to Egyptians, but to just about all religious/spiritual practices.
It's easy to get tons of information on us as a people and although empowering, some of it is very misleading and will steer us right into our own egos, which can't be right, either. Self-less, not selfish, right?
Just wondering what anyone else thought about this. I'm pretty sure numerous forums have been made about this, but I'm new. If you know of the perfect forum or site, please send a link or simply just share your opinion.
We are all wise in our own ways and "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
:SuN020: amen....

There have been many using the name Jesus even in Jesus' time. And I know who it is who the prayers are going to when the faithful use the name Jesus. He who the Christians have faith named Jesus is beautiful, wonderful, powerful. It is the name Christ that holds the divine appointment of the "anointed one." That name is the Power in Heaven. In the name of Jesus Christ is the Seal.

Myself, I worship or pray to nothing but my spirit, I'm sceptical on the whole Jesus, Allah, and other religious facets, bowing to another whether they be gods, or mankind, is against my core, people now a days pray, and worship things they have absolutely no knowledge on, the ancients at least had a connection to the deities they poured libations too, folks in this technological era remind me of the ignorant superstitious villager, calling everything outside of their knowledge demonic

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back