Black People : What do you think about Indians Remotely Teaching Black kids

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kemetkind, May 19, 2006.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Oct 8, 2005
    I was talking to an Indian colleague yesterday about a business that provides Indian teachers to tutor (mostly) black kids in the U.S. (mostly math).

She says one of her indian friends started such a business and it's now booming and they're getting contracts with school boards around the country now (she told me about detroit)....

What do you guys think about this?

At first glance I thought it was great, these kids are getting help in a critical subject they wouldn't otherwise receive. The more I thought about it, trying to figure a down-side, I couldn't come up with any.

Other than it'd be great if we had the relationships and infrastructure to setup a similar arrangement with teachers in continental africa or even AMONG ourselves in AA community.
  2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Feb 26, 2005
    If one takes a POC unity stance towards black progress, then this would be a good thing.

The downside I see is if there is a lack of communication on cultural differences, especially if they are perceived to be racist.

True POC unity works if both sides are honest about their 'issues' and find ways to resolve them.