Black People : What do you see in this picture?

What messages were they sending their young ones?

tumblr_m0ku24Pbnh1qkxntoo1_500.jpg
The fact that these are black children are playing with WHITE dolls. This is a problem that many black children are faced with. Parents are not teaching them to appreciate their own. On the other hand it is very difficult to find black dolls for black children. My grand daughter is five years and she loves to go on the computer and look for barbies, but she changes the colour of the skin and the hair. I told her mother about getting dolls that look like her. The problem is that black folks will have to make them...White folks are not going to make black dolls. I have tried for so long to purchase a black looking doll and it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I have explained to her the importance of being black and being proud.

Several years at church one of my friends whose daughter was playing with a white doll and was with her white friend. I told the little girl, your mom should buy you a black doll and my friend was very upset. The mother told me in a conversation some years ago that IF SHE HAD TO REMAKE HERSELF SHE WOULD MAKE HERSELF WHITE.:( She told me IF she could get a white man she would marry one...I guess she has instilled that negative attitude in her daughter. I believe the responsibility rests with the parents. People might see this as unimportant but it is sending a wrong message to black children. No wonder we have so many of our black folks bleaching their skin.

These celebrities have been accused of bleaching their skin.

skinrihanna.jpg

per1.jpg

Rihanna's parents.

sammy-sosa.jpg

trina_400x300.jpg

One other thing, our black children need to see books that they read reflect their ethnicity. Colouring books, history books... No one will do it for us...we must begin to do it NOW... When our black celebrities believe that they must change the way they look what do you expect...

What messages were they sending their young ones?

tumblr_m0ku24Pbnh1qkxntoo1_500.jpg

What's the time-frame?
The clothes, hair and eyeglasses suggest 1970's....
Hell -- they just STARTED making black Barbies with black features in the 2000's.
http://www.barbie.com/activities/friends/soinstyle/#/toys/
th

The dolls are gorgeous. As a little girl in the 1980's it was hard enough to find a black doll that didn't have that hot pink lipstick....
If you make a black doll, black kids will buy them. Otherwise, they'll play with what's available.
Kids are smart but they're not THAT smart. Developmentally, they don't 'get' subtly and nuance.
They see a... toy.

What messages are they sending?
Who said there is/was one ...and I'm not reading into it.
Black barbies probably didn't exist in large quantities in those days.
Little girls like dolls. They rec'vd white dolls. What else are they supposed to play with?
Doesn't mean that anyone was telling them to love any but themselves...or that this is the only mssg they absorbed.

Also?
If anyone cites that Black/White Doll study? I will scream....
I was just talking about that in another thread.
Don't believe the hype. Not every little black girl had/has color issues.
I didn't and I'm a chocolate black chick...(with 'good hurr').
*laugh*

White Jesus pushed when it is written He had bronze skin

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back