Black People Politics : What do you say now in the age of Donald Trump?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by nilevalley, Nov 30, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    It's a whole new game in the arena. A game early 21st century black Americans never expected. The game of Donald Trump. For 52 years, many of us have slowly been under the illusion of inclusion. After the civil rights act was signed in 1964, the doors of opportunity opened in jobs housing and education.

We could finally move into stylish neighborhoods, send our children to better schools and enter into job areas without being discriminated against. Decades passed and we all got a bit spoiled.
    Yes, it all seemed so good at some points that it appeared that racism had indeed faded away.Especially when the first African American president was elected in 2008.

I felt good, but not to the point I thought that all racism had faded and after Obama won in 2008, I laughed when I read an article written by a young black businessman who claimed we were now living in a post racial society. Nothing as intense as American white racism can instantly disappear after a 400 year stint.

I never gave up my quest on trying to bend a black listening ear when I talked about Black history. It's strange though I never could get enough people to stand and listen long enough to me. Whenever I started talking about it, I would get odd facial expressions, arched eyebrows smiles would disappear and negative responses.

I was talking to my brother-in-law once during Black History month. I was telling him about a copy of a book I was reading on the subject of slave narratives, he frowned at me and asked me why would I want to read something like that and accused me of being " a joy killer." His response to me was just typical most so-called post racial blacks didn't want to hear "that mess."

Yes, they all thought that we as blacks had entered a new realm of racial relationships so dwelling on our past was not needed. Not we have Donald Trump a president. A man who talks about deporting millions of Hispanics and Muslims. A man who, after his election has drawn out millions of white racists from their hiding places.

Days after his election, many whites been to physically and verbally assault Muslims and Hispanics. Did you see the one where a large of white students chanted during school lunch break to a group of Hispanic students to "build that wall?" Hate symbols are being sprayed on the side of buildings and there was an incident reported of white students in a middle chanting that since Trump was elected it was o.k. to be racist.

So now, thanks to Trump we all can see that a post racial America is nothing more than a fantasy!
    And instead of tossing those black history books in a back corner of your closet pull out and read them. We all should be concerned about our future. And we should be extra concerned when we hear a news commentor use the term America is entering uncharted waters in the regards of having Donald Trump as president.

It wouldn't hurt to reach out and show kindness to your black neighbors. Just a simple hello, how are you," can even help, especially if you have blessed with a job title that may be in a higher position than most black people and you spent all your time being in the snobbish realm. These are scary times and we don't know as black Americans what is going to happen to us since there is a white man with a fiery temperament and unpredictable behavior about to be seated in the white house.

Finally, I asked again, all you blacks who neglected to observe your history in this country and for the past 52 years as we were given more opportunities and you moved further into a world that denied the existence of systemic white racism. What do you say now in the age of Donald Trump?

2. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +867
    Peace,

Sorry to say if anyone has been in denial about white supremacy and racism this long, The Donald becoming president won't change anything. You can't add to a full cup.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  3. HODEE

HODEE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +866
    nilevalley
    Thank You for the post. We haven't been under an illusion of inclusion. Many like myself and even our enslaved ancestors immediately take advantage of an open window of opportunity and the limited moments many fail to recognize. Where immediately the window is there to improve and capitalize enough on that to come up and out from under a situation or issue being faced.

So those who miss that sort to consciousness...shouldn't bring any discouragement to your passion to enlighten and stimulate if possible the eye opening concious of folks.

Many folk I know like yourself enjoy, desire and face reality. That is the first and only way one can find thier way out of darkness.
    Can't be mad at them myself. I overstand.
    Because you and I know it's ugly and scary to some. Most issues you shared and posted I overstand and experience. I have similar to what you have expressed. Folk turning away and shunning not wanting to discuss politics, racism, issues and some things that to them smashes their buzz. I get mixed madness from my spouse. I'm not discussing issues all the time. I truly look even before discussing them to find or consider a solution. Sharing is natural.
    Where a man should be able to come home share, discuss or mention how racist he was treated at work. Or how he views a political matter. I mean who else should be his reflective supporter. When she brings forward things sometimes they may be racism she experienced. I do listen and discuss it. But if I go to the overall matter of how deep racism is. She backs off and turns the cart over. My love for her doesn't change because she is selfish and non-supportive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  4. nilevalley

nilevalley Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    This is what I admire about you. You can mix logic with heart and everything still comes out perfect! Thank you for giving me level headed insight. Thanks!

• Love It Love It x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,570
    :11200: post racial ? what happened ? anyone heard from lil wayne lately ?

6. HODEE

HODEE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +866
    Your Very Welcome Thank You Sister nilevalley
    You yourself have always come correct.

7. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +389
    I like the idea that your "evil" Trump is already preventing job loss where in three corporations have turned around leaving their plants in the U.S., a car manufacturer who makes the Lincoln having planned on going to Mexico, an air-conditioning manufacturer, who had planned on going to Mexico, and Apple, who pledged to Trump they're not going any where else anymore in the future. That is his promise to create jobs and he is not even inaugurated yet. Next he is going create competition between Insurance companies by allowing all insurance companies to cross state lines which will end up more affordable than Obama care. I like the idea of paying less.

Who was it put up the law that you can't take your company across some state lines in America?!

8. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    Trump Takes Credit for Sprint Plan to Add 5,000 Jobs in U.S.

President-elect Donald J. Trump took credit on Wednesday for a decision by Sprint to add 5,000 jobs in the United States as he tried to deliver on his promise to force corporate America to focus on job creation at home rather than abroad.

(Lie)
    “I was just called by the head people at Sprint, and they are going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States,” Mr. Trump told reporters at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. “They have taken them from other countries. They are bringing them back to the United States.”

(Truth)
    Sprint later said that the jobs were part of a previously announced commitment by Japan’s SoftBank, which owns a controlling stake in the mobile phone carrier, to invest $50 billion in the United States and create 50,000 positions. That announcement, made by Masayoshi Son, the chief executive of SoftBank, followed a meeting with Mr. Trump this month.

* Trump Takes Credit for Sprint Plan to Add 5,000 Jobs in U.S. - The ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/us/politics/donald-trump-united-nations-israel.html - - Cached - Similar pages
18 hours ago ... President-elect Donald J. Trump took credit on Wednesday for a decision by Sprint to add 5,000 jobs in the United States, as he tried to deliver ...

9. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    The reality is that companies like Apple have incredibly stringent manufacturing needs that can only be met by factories in China, many of which were designed from the ground-up to accommodate the needs of large-scale consumer electronics companies.

Trump lives in his own personal reality of lies and more lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,570
    IMO : we are now entering an era of deconstruction and destruction. let's hope we can survive.