Black People : What do you put your energy into?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ComUnity Uplifter, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ComUnity Uplifter

ComUnity Uplifter Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Greetings Everyone,

This is my first real post, but I've been reading and following a lot of conversations here on Destee for the past few months. But anyway...

I'm sure this is a topic that many have discussed before but I just think it needs to be touched on again, because many people especially our people don't seem to realize this or fully comprehend this.

Everything that we do is an act of energy, from thought to all the way to physical action. Many seem to think that you'll only have reactions and consequences for taking action, but you'll have a response first and foremost on the thought energy that you put out.

When our people are constantly focused on why we can't do something they will never be able to do it, not because of the "why" but because of the "can't". They have set a limit on themselves that will prevent them from doing that thing.

But if we instead focused on actually doing that thing the how to's and the reasons will naturally come about in their own time.

It is not a complex thing, it comes down to basics in my opinion and it is something that I am still learning myself so I do not presume to exclude myself from any lessons that anyone else chooses to share on this topic.

Sorry if this is long, but there's more to this but the short of it is, focus your energy on positive things even in negative situations

-Peace in the family

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10500:focus? focus? it's sunday morning and somebody's talking about focus? wha?

3. ComUnity Uplifter

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    lol I wasn't "focused" on the day and time

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hello J ComUnity Uplifter and welcome! Glad you decided to come out of the 'shadows' and join us. Nice name, btw. :wave:

Since you've been observing for a few months then you know how we do it here. Join in where something interests you and looking forward to seeing you around.

5. ComUnity Uplifter

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thank you Sista NNQueen, and yes I finally came out of the shadows :hideout:, and I will pop chime in more often now.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Teaching, writing, research, working out.

7. ComUnity Uplifter

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Great replies everyone, I think I'm at Shikamaru's stage
    and add improving myself through the application of these things

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    The power of thought is a phenomenon tool to access!
    The process in which thoughts are formed makes a great personal study. I've noticed how patterns are always forming in the mind...shifting from one form to the next. Sortof like evolving to create a better model of the original thought. If we work to eliminate the doubt factors when trying to produce the physical form of our thoughts, i can imagine how great our inventions would be.

Do you every wonder why the idea "can't" has a strong hold in many of our minds? I mean, we have positive affirmations like "can and will" in our psyche as well, but "can't" seems to stop many of us from creating our outcomes in this realm.

:heart:

9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

Ahhh ...the answer just came to me.... Programming. Programming has caused many of us to put emphasis on the word "can't."

:heart:

10. ComUnity Uplifter

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    This is true Sista Purple, Programming is a big cause of it, and it is still ongoing through all the different media outlets TV, Internet, Social Media, Radio, Music. It's not wrong to enjoy any of these types of media, but we can't let these things think for us, and that's where much of the problem lies