Black Spirituality Religion : What do you KNOW..

Greetings Sis.PMoons,

I thank you for the vote of confidence in me.

Peace,
Amazon1979

Greetings SiS Amazon1979...

Is this all you have to say:?:

Do you have any info on this topic:?:
I was kinda thinking you very well may, you amongst some other sistren.
Was she (PM) and I incorrect in this line of thinking:?:
Or..maybe I'm just anxiously awaiting some feedback...ok...
I'll give you time as I have a hunch you have MUCH info to share here

M.E.
:hearts2:

Greetings Truetothecause,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question. As you will see, this is a complex subject. As Sis.PMoons pointed out, cold water is more beneficial than hot water. It is not uncommon to see people in Russia jumping into cold water for health purposes.

But I digress,

About a Womb~man taking a Spiritual Bath...during her menses. I'm referring specifically to the bath of ammonia, bleach, lemon juice, vinegar and sea salt suggested by Bobby Hemmitt for Spiritual Cleansing...

I am familiar with the above ritual bath, and in my humble opinion, I believe a spiritual bath can be taken during the menses without any negative results, but only if a certain protocol is followed as I shall explain below.

Is it safe physically?

By this, I take it to mean will it harm your reproductive system? Yes and no.

Yes because the bleach and ammonia could have unpleasant effects on your reproductive organs. You see, the way the menses work is best explained by Chinese medicine, which unlike its Western counterpart truly appreciates the unique structure and purpose of menses outside.

Chinese medicine states that menstrual blood is the equivalent of sperm and it is a different sort of blood to that which nourishes other parts of your body. Menses originates in the kidneys as ‘water’.The liver forms a connection between this type of blood and the ‘normal one’ while the spleen transforms the water into blood. The uterus then stores it.

I hope by documenting the organs involved that you get some idea of the pathway the menses takes during its formation and expelling from the body (ever heard the famous saying in Chinese medicine which states, "The blood descends and becomes the menstruate; it ascends and becomes the milk.?”), ergo, to introduce toxic, corrosive substances such as bleach into this process would result in undesirable side effects.

Pathway

fig1.gif

For further information visit: http://www.three-treasures.com

A good example of how our bodies can be affected should anything go wrong during menses is the back pain we experience is usually as a result of menstrual blood stagnating in the kidney area. (Most people are usually surprised to discover their kidneys lie just below the rib cage, towards the back of the body, therefore they never associate menstrual back pain with the kidneys).

Instead of ammonia/bleach, could I recommend a cup of your own urine? I can sense the grimace on your face, but I can only speak positively about urine and its uses. Just recently, I read an article from the 1900’s discussing the use of urine in numerous home remedies. Try it Sis. It is contains your life essence.

To expound on my other point, no it is not harmful because the remaining ingredients are natural and have been used in treating female reproductive system conditions. The way our system works, is that the urethra acts as a wick and ‘sucks up’ these herbs/ingredients into the body if they are added to a bath (this is why if you ever use garlic cloves to treat thrush, you will instantly taste garlic at the back of your throat as soon as the insertion is complete).

To wit:

Lemon juice
Lemon contains citric acid which quickly changes the body's acid condition into an alkaline one. It is used in treating kidney bladder infections, and, I read that one main cause of infertility was that the eggs not sticking to the fallopian tube walls. Vitamin C is recommended as a solution. Lemon is one of the highest sources of Vitamin C.

White vinegar
Also used to treat certain conditions and in particular, thrush. A few women also swear by adding white vinegar to their bath to maintain that ‘tightness’.

Sea salt
Used to provide relief if there is vaginal itching, and is also used to treat vaginal thrush as well as kidney bladder infections. Handy tip; most of the sea salt on sale is not the real thing, and a simple test to determine if it is genuine is this; pour some sea salt in a bowl of water and leave it overnight. If in the morning the salt crystals have not dissolved, it is not real sea salt. Real sea salt dissolves)

Bathing – the actual act of bathing has been known to shorten the cycle as well as lessen the flow. The latter is obviously advantageous to women who susceptible to anemia. However, Chinese medicine practitioners warn against long baths and showers because the water is absorbed through the feet and damages the uterus. They recommend sponge baths but if you must take a bath they advice the following;

No bathing on the first day and no more than 10 to 20 minutes in the tub, and not before onset or while the flow is heavy, but preferably during the spotting phase.

Is it safe spiritually?

This will be answered below.

How about for other Rituals
Are them some a Womb~man would NOT do during those special times of the month when the body cleanses itself ?

The only rituals that come to mind are;
1. Any rituals involving sex and sexual alchemy. Western medical practitioners advise against sexual intercourse, including masturbation, the reason being the uterus needs this time to clean itself out and rest as you have so rightly mentioned. There are spiritual side effects arising from sexual alchemy because of the connection between sexual organs and certain chakras, as well as the effect of certain organs on the conscious (for example energy generate from ovaries).

and/or

Are there times when a specific Spiritual Ritual IS TO BE done during those times?

There are specific spiritual rituals which can be done during this time of the month. There is a book on spiritual baths, as recommended by Bro. Darkside Magick, which you might want to consult called “Jambalaya: The Natural Woman's Book of Personal Charms and Practical Rituals by Luisah Teish

Below is one that I have with permission, borrowed from a goddess called Bast’s Myspace blog. I have used a slightly different version as annotated.

Woman's blood moon ritual
A woman's menstrual period is a cyclical thing. As the hormonal changes bring changes in body and brain chemistry, it also brings changes in a woman's energy. Energy levels typically follow the cycle of a woman's period.

Since the moon more closely matches that cycle than the Gregorian calandar we use, I recommend that a woman takes note of the phase of the moon during the first day of her period for several months. Find the rhythm of your own cycle relative to that of the moon. One of the best ways to figure out what your own mood and energy levels will be is to understand the two systems and see where they overlap. They both grow, crest, wane, and ebb.

The moon's cycles are rather obvious; growing to the full moon is forward pushing energy, ebbing to the new moon is inward pulling energy. A woman's cycle is not as obvious, but very similar. Ovulation and the first day of menses correspond to the Full and new moons, respectively. From ovulation to the first day of menses is a pulling energy, a need to bring energy inward. From the day of first bleeding to the time of ovulation is more of a forward pushing energy, a time to get things done.

With these two cycles playing off one another, you can see that a woman who begins her period on the Full moon is going to have a more directed energy than a woman who begins her period on the new moon. Either way, just knowing what your body is doing in relation to the moon gives you an opportunity to balance it out with your own activity.

A lot of modern woman dislike the idea of touching their own menstrual blood, much less using it in ritual. However, it was a part of you, even if it is a part that you body is trying to get rid of. This dichotomy of push/pull takes it's place when it comes to dealing with the realities of being a woman.

One of the most balancing rituals I've done regarding menstruation and energy was to cast circle outdoors under a nearly New Moon when I was on my period. I waited for a warm month, and wore a long flowing skirt. I found a grassy spot that I knew from sitting in it in the daylight, and plopped down on it. I got my grounding roots going down from my butt into the earth, and reached my branches to the energy of the sliver of moon I could see. I ran this energy thru me long enough to get a feel for it. Then I removed my underwear and sat directly on the grass, my bare bottom dropping a few beads of my blood directly onto the earth. I meditated on that, on the symbolism of giving back to the earth part of what made me female. A recognition of Shakti and the energy she embodies and the energy of Shakti that is within me. Allow your own inner voice to guide you on this one.

(Amazon1979: I use a slightly modified version of this – because I live in a residential neighborhood, privacy is not always guaranteed so what I do is gather some earth and continue the rest of the ritual in the privacy of my room. When I am finished, I take this earth and re-bury it. Same intent, just different method)

I highly recommend this meditation for anyone who wants to bring forth the magick of the feminine. It was very enlightening.

I hope this answers your questions but should you require any more information, do let me know and I shall try to respond in a timely fashion.

Peace,
Amazon1979

Greetings SiS Amazon1979...

Is this all you have to say:?:

Do you have any info on this topic:?:
I was kinda thinking you very well may, you amongst some other sistren.
Was she (PM) and I incorrect in this line of thinking:?:
Or..maybe I'm just anxiously awaiting some feedback...ok...
I'll give you time as I have a hunch you have MUCH info to share here

M.E.
:hearts2:

Not at all Sis. I went on to edit the information to make it more user friendly before posting therefore you and PM were not wrong in your thinking that I would assist in any way I can, so please never think that. I am here for that purpose and it is a role that I truly enjoy.

Peace,
Amazon1979

Greetings Truetothecause,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question. As you will see, this is a complex subject. As Sis.PMoons pointed out, cold water is more beneficial than hot water. It is not uncommon to see people in Russia jumping into cold water for health purposes.

But I digress,

I am familiar with the above ritual bath, and in my humble opinion, I believe a spiritual bath can be taken during the menses without any negative results, but only if a certain protocol is followed as I shall explain below.

By this, I take it to mean will it harm your reproductive system? Yes and no.

Yes because the bleach and ammonia could have unpleasant effects on your reproductive organs. You see, the way the menses work is best explained by Chinese medicine, which unlike its Western counterpart truly appreciates the unique structure and purpose of menses outside.

Chinese medicine states that menstrual blood is the equivalent of sperm and it is a different sort of blood to that which nourishes other parts of your body. Menses originates in the kidneys as ‘water’.The liver forms a connection between this type of blood and the ‘normal one’ while the spleen transforms the water into blood. The uterus then stores it.

I hope by documenting the organs involved that you get some idea of the pathway the menses takes during its formation and expelling from the body (ever heard the famous saying in Chinese medicine which states, "The blood descends and becomes the menstruate; it ascends and becomes the milk.?”), ergo, to introduce toxic, corrosive substances such as bleach into this process would result in undesirable side effects.

Pathway

fig1.gif

For further information visit: http://www.three-treasures.com

A good example of how our bodies can be affected should anything go wrong during menses is the back pain we experience is usually as a result of menstrual blood stagnating in the kidney area. (Most people are usually surprised to discover their kidneys lie just below the rib cage, towards the back of the body, therefore they never associate menstrual back pain with the kidneys).

Instead of ammonia/bleach, could I recommend a cup of your own urine? I can sense the grimace on your face, but I can only speak positively about urine and its uses. Just recently, I read an article from the 1900’s discussing the use of urine in numerous home remedies. Try it Sis. It is contains your life essence.

To expound on my other point, no it is not harmful because the remaining ingredients are natural and have been used in treating female reproductive system conditions. The way our system works, is that the urethra acts as a wick and ‘sucks up’ these herbs/ingredients into the body if they are added to a bath (this is why if you ever use garlic cloves to treat thrush, you will instantly taste garlic at the back of your throat as soon as the insertion is complete).

To wit:

Lemon juice
Lemon contains citric acid which quickly changes the body's acid condition into an alkaline one. It is used in treating kidney bladder infections, and, I read that one main cause of infertility was that the eggs not sticking to the fallopian tube walls. Vitamin C is recommended as a solution. Lemon is one of the highest sources of Vitamin C.

White vinegar
Also used to treat certain conditions and in particular, thrush. A few women also swear by adding white vinegar to their bath to maintain that ‘tightness’.

Sea salt
Used to provide relief if there is vaginal itching, and is also used to treat vaginal thrush as well as kidney bladder infections. Handy tip; most of the sea salt on sale is not the real thing, and a simple test to determine if it is genuine is this; pour some sea salt in a bowl of water and leave it overnight. If in the morning the salt crystals have dissolved, it is not real sea salt. Real sea salt dissolves)

Bathing – the actual act of bathing has been known to shorten the cycle as well as lessen the flow. The latter is obviously advantageous to women who susceptible to anemia. However, Chinese medicine practitioners warn against long baths and showers because the water is absorbed through the feet and damages the uterus. They recommend sponge baths but if you must take a bath they advice the following;

No bathing on the first day and no more than 10 to 20 minutes in the tub, and not before onset or while the flow is heavy, but preferably during the spotting phase.

This will be answered below.

The only rituals that come to mind are;
1. Any rituals involving sex and sexual alchemy. Western medical practitioners advise against sexual intercourse, including masturbation, the reason being the uterus needs this time to clean itself out and rest as you have so rightly mentioned. There are spiritual side effects arising from sexual alchemy because of the connection between sexual organs and certain chakras, as well as the effect of certain organs on the conscious (for example energy generate from ovaries).

There are specific spiritual rituals which can be done during this time of the month. There is a book on spiritual baths, as recommended by Bro. Darkside Magick, which you might want to consult called “Jambalaya: The Natural Woman's Book of Personal Charms and Practical Rituals by Luisah Teish

Below is one that I have with permission, borrowed from a goddess called Bast’s Myspace blog. I have used a slightly different version as annotated.

Woman's blood moon ritual
A woman's menstrual period is a cyclical thing. As the hormonal changes bring changes in body and brain chemistry, it also brings changes in a woman's energy. Energy levels typically follow the cycle of a woman's period.

Since the moon more closely matches that cycle than the Gregorian calandar we use, I recommend that a woman takes note of the phase of the moon during the first day of her period for several months. Find the rhythm of your own cycle relative to that of the moon. One of the best ways to figure out what your own mood and energy levels will be is to understand the two systems and see where they overlap. They both grow, crest, wane, and ebb.

The moon's cycles are rather obvious; growing to the full moon is forward pushing energy, ebbing to the new moon is inward pulling energy. A woman's cycle is not as obvious, but very similar. Ovulation and the first day of menses correspond to the Full and new moons, respectively. From ovulation to the first day of menses is a pulling energy, a need to bring energy inward. From the day of first bleeding to the time of ovulation is more of a forward pushing energy, a time to get things done.

With these two cycles playing off one another, you can see that a woman who begins her period on the Full moon is going to have a more directed energy than a woman who begins her period on the new moon. Either way, just knowing what your body is doing in relation to the moon gives you an opportunity to balance it out with your own activity.

A lot of modern woman dislike the idea of touching their own menstrual blood, much less using it in ritual. However, it was a part of you, even if it is a part that you body is trying to get rid of. This dichotomy of push/pull takes it's place when it comes to dealing with the realities of being a woman.

One of the most balancing rituals I've done regarding menstruation and energy was to cast circle outdoors under a nearly New Moon when I was on my period. I waited for a warm month, and wore a long flowing skirt. I found a grassy spot that I knew from sitting in it in the daylight, and plopped down on it. I got my grounding roots going down from my butt into the earth, and reached my branches to the energy of the sliver of moon I could see. I ran this energy thru me long enough to get a feel for it. Then I removed my underwear and sat directly on the grass, my bare bottom dropping a few beads of my blood directly onto the earth. I meditated on that, on the symbolism of giving back to the earth part of what made me female. A recognition of Shakti and the energy she embodies and the energy of Shakti that is within me. Allow your own inner voice to guide you on this one.

I highly recommend this meditation for anyone who wants to bring forth the magick of the feminine. It was very enlightening.

I hope this answers your questions but should you require any more information, do let me know and I shall try to respond in a timely fashion.

Peace,
Amazon1979

Whewwww whooo!

Finally got a Sister up in here who can touch feminine spirituality a lot more deeper! :jump::jump::jump:

Thank you so much!:flirt:

I have a question also. Why is it during my cycle, astral travel and/or visions are less attainable? Also, for the highlighted quote, which is supposed to dissolve? Real sea salt or generic sea salt?

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back